PDA

View Full Version : What table to buy?

pbj
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I am about to buy a table but don't know which one to get. I have been looking at the brunswick contender tahoe for about 1900 installed. Are the contender seriers good? It comes with 1 inch 3 piece backed slate. I want a nice table but it needs to be under 2000! I have also been seeing some used tables for sale but I don't know if they are good. One is an olhausen augusta for 1800. Any advice would be great! Specially if anyone has any info on the contender series by brunswick. I am not a pro and won't be in my lifetime. Just looking for a good table that will give a lot of great times at the house. One that will stay true.

ceebee
05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
My first thoughts would be to say, "buy the model of table you will be competing on". If you want to play on commercial Bar Boxes or Big Tables, you might buy an 8 footer, to experience the pluses & minuses of both worlds. The brand of cloth will make some difference. The cushions on commercial Bar Boxes are different too, that is hard to match on a larger table.

A good all-around Pool Table is an 8 foot Gold Crown. You will only be putting your money in another bank, the Pool Table, as the table will not depreciate much, if at all. It will depend on how you care for it.

Good Luck in your search...