PDA

View Full Version : Hi Tech sport specific discussion

wolfdancer
05-25-2007, 09:08 AM
If only our group here of pool scientists could make a video...it would look something like this one...about Golf:
web page (http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=kwzene6tqm)

SPetty
05-25-2007, 02:47 PM
That was GREAT!

cushioncrawler
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Itdidnkumup. IzthistheonethatFatsReduxshowedus, withthesheilawigglingherbutt??? Anyhow, havuseenanygoodlooken roofinsulationforcathedralceilings??? Gottasortsomeoutrealquick forthenewjoint. coldMac.

dr_dave
05-25-2007, 11:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> If only our group here of pool scientists could make a video...it would look something like this one...about Golf:
web page (http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=kwzene6tqm) <hr /></blockquote>
Didn't you post a link to this same video about 6 months ago?

Are YOU off your meds again, or is it just your "wisdom" acting up again? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dave

wolfdancer
05-26-2007, 01:21 AM
I just came across this video the other day....first time I've
seen it....or else my PAD "pool Alzeimers Disease"(can't remember the last time I won a match) has spread to other areas.
I've cut back on my meds....no Tangaruay and tonic before noon.....unless GWB is on TV

dr_dave
05-26-2007, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I just came across this video the other day....first time I've
seen it....or else my PAD "pool Alzeimers Disease"(can't remember the last time I won a match) has spread to other areas.
I've cut back on my meds....no Tangaruay and tonic before noon.....unless GWB is on TV <hr /></blockquote>Sorry to imply you were suffering from PAD. I just searched and found the original posting (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=242988&amp;page =&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1). It was Qtec who had posted it originally.

Regards,
Dav

wolfdancer
05-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for clearing that up... I missed the original post.
And Qtec/myself...we was jes funning with you guys about the detailed technical stuff.... any knowledge about pool is useful to know, as long as you internalize it, and then trust your "muscle memory" to produce the intended results.

dr_dave
05-26-2007, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>any knowledge about pool is useful to know, as long as you internalize it, and then trust your "muscle memory" to produce the intended results.<hr /></blockquote>I totally agree that during shot execution, you should be "at one" with the cue-stick and the shot. At this point, your focus should be only on accurately executing the desired stroke. Knowledge should be used only when planning, setting up for, aiming, and visualizing the shot.

Regards,
Dave

wolfdancer
05-26-2007, 11:48 AM
At the BCA tournament in LV, I picked up the "Dead Stroke" Cd's (Ryan Elliott)...I also picked up on something that RandyG and his group of SPF guys were saying about the pre shot preparation....which helps one...."become one, with the cue,shot, etc" They mentioned "triggers"...I'll have to bribe my friend Tom to get the entire sequence down pat...
He's now also a P.A.T. trainer/tester....and I'll be doing that with him in the near future...
Hope I score high enough on my "PAT'S", to get accepted into one of the better Billiard Universities !!!

Scott Lee
05-26-2007, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
Hope I score high enough on my "PAT'S", to get accepted into one of the better Billiard Universities !!! <hr /></blockquote>

Jack...We'll "accept" you anytime...you just have to stick a crowbar in your wallet and PONY UP the tuition! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

wolfdancer
05-26-2007, 05:15 PM
LOL...
Scott your energy and enthusiasm down there was very impressive...it tired me out just watching....
I hate to put a price on things....but the free video stroke analysis, and correctional tips, had to be worth $100 to a serious player.
I spent some time watching the folks that dropped in, and from their general reaction...I think you'll all get some new students.....
It ain't my wallet what's the problem....I just can't get medicare to see that the school would be therapy for me...
Hope you're having a great holiday weekend...and keeping yer eyes out for them crazy drivers......

Scott Lee
05-28-2007, 09:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
It ain't my wallet what's the problem....I just can't get medicare to see that the school would be therapy for me...
<hr /></blockquote>

Jack...LOL You know I was kiddin' ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif But seriously, maybe dr. dave can write a letter to Medicare for you! Oh wait...wrong kind of doctor! My bad...but wait, maybe Medicare doesn't know the difference! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the kind words. All the instructors really enjoyed participating in the FREE instruction. Several hundred players took advantage of it, over the course of the week! We're already planning something bigger and better for next year!

Scott

dr_dave
05-28-2007, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
<hr /></blockquote>Jack...LOL You know I was kiddin' ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif But seriously, maybe dr. dave can write a letter to Medicare for you! Oh wait...wrong kind of doctor! My bad...but wait, maybe Medicare doesn't know the difference! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<hr /></blockquote>Very funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would be happy to help in any way that I can, as long as it doesn't require use of a rubber glove. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,
Dave

wolfdancer
05-28-2007, 05:45 PM
LOL
Isn't a "techie" with a sense of humor, an anomalous phenomenon ????

dr_dave
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> LOL
Isn't a "techie" with a sense of humor, an anomalous phenomenon ???? <hr /></blockquote>I can neither confirm nor deny that I am a "techie." /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dave