PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of damage ordering a cue online?

justintrent
05-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Hello, I was just trying to ease my mind about a new cue i recently ordered by asking a question: is there any potential harm such as warping that can occur from shipping a cue across many states during the summer (or what seems like summer here)? The reason I ask this is because my last cue warped during a very short period of time even though it had come in very little, if any, moisture and was treated properly. The only mistake I made was leaving it encassed in the back seat of my car which seems very similar to the conditions shipping will cause. My logical self tells me that even the cues in the brick and mortar stores had to have been brought in from somewhere making my question into a self-defeating one but I just thought I would ask. Thanks for any reply.

Rich R.
05-29-2007, 06:29 AM
As long as you are buying a good quality cue, there is little chance of warping during shipping, however, it is still a good idea to have it shipped overnight, for a number of reasons.

Leaving a cue in a closed car, during hot weather is one of the worst things you can do to a cue and it is much worse than shipping conditions.

Snapshot9
05-29-2007, 06:46 AM
How hot did it get on the day(s) you left it in the car? It is best to never leave your cue where the temperature is not controlled. Even, in the past, when I had to play league after work, and didn't have time to go home first, I would take my cue case into work with me rather than leaving it in the car.