PDA

View Full Version : Florida Pro Tour

jjinfla
05-30-2007, 07:24 AM
People who are complaining about men's professional pool should really get behind this tour. Over the years this fledgling group of players have struggled and have built this tour into a really great tour. This weekend a lot of the greats will be at Capone's in Spring Hill Florida. There will be $8,000 added.

urlhttp://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=63601/url

AZB now has actually dedicated a section to this tour. What took Mike so long? He should have listened to me and Doug instead of his hatchet men.

I suspect that there will be well over 64 players there. All strong, respected players.

It will be a veritable toss up as to who will win the big bucks.

If you have never been to Capone's when these guys are there you owe it to yourself to go there and meet these guys. What other sport allows you to sit at a table or at the bar and talk with one of these pros? You will be surprised at how friendly they all really are.

Jake

Snapshot9
05-30-2007, 07:37 AM
That would be great, but it would also be great if it extended to other parts of the country, and not just concentrated in Florida.

The closest we get to a Pro tourney here is the Midwest 9 ball tour.

jjinfla
05-30-2007, 06:23 PM
They have 70 players signed up already.

This has been a Florida tour for some time so I don't know if the powers to be want to expand north. Or can afford to.

Right now the Seminole Tribe is putting up the added money and I believe they now own the tour. But I am not sure.

The next stop will be in Sep in Jacksonville, Fl. That's pretty far north.

Jake

Deeman3
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Jake,

We shall at last meet. See you there....I'll bring the firearms...

eg8r
05-31-2007, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That would be great, but it would also be great if it extended to other parts of the country, and not just concentrated in Florida.
<hr /></blockquote> Ummmm, it is called the FLORIDA Pro Tour. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif No problem with your request but they will probably need to rename it to something flashy like International Pool Tour to be successful. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Of course, they do provide transportation to us poor guys in Southern Alabama. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chopstick
06-01-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm gonna be there. Looks like a great field.

Deeman3
06-01-2007, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I'm gonna be there. Looks like a great field. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> It'll be great to see you again. I'll be the formerly fat guy with the extreamly offensive T-Shirt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You know me, I just can't help myself! Hey, my federal Firearms permit is still valid in Florida, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

a Colt .45 and a very green lazer... </font color>

Deeman3
06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
We just had a train crash that has interupted our supply chain and I may get stuck here at least for tomorrow. Sorry, if I don't make it. I was looking forward to meeting jake and getting sweet revenge on Chopstick.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If things break loose here, I'll still drive down in the morning.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jjinfla
06-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I went there today and stayed for about 5 hours then the smoke got the best of me and I had to leave. I just can't handle smoke anymore. It gives me a bad headache.

A lot of good players there today. Over 80 someone said.

Corey missed his first match and forfeited it. I watched Buddy Hall play and he made a few uncharacteristic blunders that cost him that match.

Manalo and Alex and Crosby and Kennedy all played great.

My buddy Dave Ross didn't do so well.

No Rodney Morris. Rocky said he moved to Texas. His wife wanted to be near her parents.

I was really surprised that there were not many spectators at all.

Jake

HarryDC
06-04-2007, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I went there today and stayed for about 5 hours then the smoke got the best of me and I had to leave. I just can't handle smoke anymore. It gives me a bad headache.

A lot of good players there today. Over 80 someone said.

Corey missed his first match and forfeited it. I watched Buddy Hall play and he made a few uncharacteristic blunders that cost him that match.

Manalo and Alex and Crosby and Kennedy all played great.

My buddy Dave Ross didn't do so well.

No Rodney Morris. Rocky said he moved to Texas. His wife wanted to be near her parents.

I was really surprised that there were not many spectators at all.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake,

Results for you!

Seminole Florida Pro Tour, June 2 - 3, 2007
Capones Billiards, Spring Hill, Fl

Place.......Player.........Money
1st Marlon Manalo $3,500.00
2nd Tommy Kennedy $2,000.00
3rd Stevie Moore $1,500.00
4th Warren Kiamco $1,200.00
5th Dennis Orcollo $900.00
5th Al Lapena $900.00
7th Tony Ruberto $700.00
7th Donnie Mills $700.00
9th Jimmy Dempsey $600.00
9th David Broxson $600.00
9th Alex Pagulayan $600.00
9th Tyler Edey $600.00
13th Tony Crosby $400.00
13th Edwin Montal $400.00
13th Lee Van Corteza $400.00
13th Huidje Sey $400.00
17th Keelan McCullers $300.00
17th David Grossman $300.00
17th Walter Blacker $300.00
17th Dan Lavoie $300.00
17th Trevor Braymore $300.00
17th Julio Aquino $300.00
17th James Roberts $300.00
17th David Relijic $300.00

HarryDC

Deeman3
06-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the update, Jake. I made it about halfway down and got called back!!! I spent the remainder of the weekend trying to straighten out the above mentioned problem.

Glad to hear you made it and, as I've stopped smoking, I can't believe how thick it is now.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI ended up playing 14. 1 against DeeWoman last night and watching some of the pool reruns on TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'll catch you next time and I'll bring the gas masks...

Chopstick
06-04-2007, 07:20 AM
I wound up working all weekend too. I wanted to check out the area. I am thinking about moving over the the west coast.