PDA

View Full Version : Deflection on 29" vs 30"

tjlmbklr
05-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Has anyone ever tested this and if so where can find the results? I am looking to either the 314(2) or a OB-1. I play with 60" (30/30 split) cue but starting to wonder if the extra inch is causing more deflection then a 29" shaft.

And while on the subject, has anyone every dared put a 29" shaft on a 30" butt. And if so how much would this change my balance?

Jal
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
What do you mean by deflection?

Jim

dr_dave
05-30-2007, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> Has anyone ever tested this and if so where can find the results? I am looking to either the 314(2) or a OB-1. I play with 60" (30/30 split) cue but starting to wonder if the extra inch is causing more deflection then a 29" shaft.

And while on the subject, has anyone every dared put a 29" shaft on a 30" butt. And if so how much would this change my balance?<hr /></blockquote>Length should not have a significant effect on squirt (cue ball deflection). Platinum Billiards has some comparative data for various shafts here (https://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_deflect.php).

Regards,
Dave

tjlmbklr
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr> What do you mean by deflection?

Jim <hr /></blockquote>

I do not mean to offend, but your member statis says "addict" and you've never heard of deflection..!

Jal
05-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I have a terrible memory.

Jim

dr_dave
05-31-2007, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jal:</font><hr> What do you mean by deflection?

Jim <hr /></blockquote>

I do not mean to offend, but your member statis says "addict" and you've never heard of deflection..! <hr /></blockquote>Sometimes the terminology can be confusing and misused, so it helps to be more specific.

"low squirt" = "low cue-ball deflection" = "large cue stick deflection during impact"

That's why I and others prefer "low squirt," because "low cue-ball deflection" actually corresponds to "large cue-stick deflection" (i.e., the shaft end deflects more and the cue-ball deflects less). This can be confusing in some contexts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Regards,
Dave