PDA

View Full Version : pool is a third class game, and that is compliment

07-24-2002, 01:41 PM
I am simply the greatest althlete ever. This can be verified by such sports greats as Stan "The Man" Musial, Bill Russell, Dan Marino, Ronaldo, Arnold Palmer, John Mcenroe, Carl Lewis, and that is to name just a few. Contact any one of these sports superstars and their response will be, "Oh yeah baby, Tarboy is the best ever."

07-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Just be yourself, tarboy. By acting this way you're only setting yourself up for a fall. If you don't have anyone to talk to, it's likely that people just don't know the real you. Be yourself, and i'm sure you'll be surprised at the positive response you get.

If you need someone to talk to you can email me at;
onesarcasticsonofabitch@aol.com

Kato
07-24-2002, 02:37 PM
So you hate pool AND you are the greatest athelete of all time. Perhaps Patrick and yourself could get together for lunch sometime. You could talk about fast twitch muscle fibers, running 15 racks with ease, 9.75 100 meter dashes, destroying Lance Armstrong in the Alps, flex neck muscles that make Arnold jealous, I'm sure there are other things you'll be able to talk about.

I wish you the best of luck tarboy just remember where you are. You won't get positive feedback with these types of posts. Soon we will ignore you but you will have had your chance. Good luck sir.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 02:57 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

Wendy <----- /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Vapros
07-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Think again, folks. Every time this shmuck strikes a nerve among our posters and gets an angry response, he has an organism. He jerks the chain and then sits back just to see who will flinch.

Ignore him. He is hunting attention, and will gladly take any kind he can get.

07-24-2002, 05:03 PM
I don't think people should refrain from responding if they have something interesting, informative, or entertaining to add; and trying to boycott a particular thread will not work unless everyone agreed it was the best course, which is unlikely.

Indeed, I'll bet tarboy just gets an additional kick out of someone asking others not to respond to him. It confirms to him that he has affected someone else. And any apparent or real dissention vis-a-vis debate on the merits of responding would add to his satisfaction.

I'm afraid your suggestion enjoys less than unanimous support, and only highlights the kicks he gets that you would like to deny him.

I intend to enjoy the occasional witty and casual remarks that threads of this nature sometimes engender. The rest I simply dismiss as unproductive time spent in writing or reading.

Vapros
07-24-2002, 05:07 PM
Do you ever post under the name 'Tarboy'?

07-24-2002, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr>Every time this shmuck strikes a nerve among our posters and gets an angry response, he has an organism.
<hr></blockquote>

LMAO

Funniest typo ever.

Stauber

07-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Negative. It appears that you didn't appreciate my post, Vapros. My apologies, as it was poorly written. I edited it, and perhaps it will be more to your liking now. Good day.
Egg

Vapros
07-24-2002, 05:28 PM
C'mon, Stauber. I make typos sometimes, but that wasn't one of them.

07-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Yep. Pogue is back. I thought you said you weren't going to do this kind of stuff anymore?

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2002, 05:37 PM
That would be funny, Fran.. but I don't think Pouge is responsible for this one..

07-24-2002, 05:39 PM

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2002, 05:51 PM
For one reason, the IP Address range of this poster, is way off... Most DHCP ranges for ISP are limited. Pouge's IP Address is fixed with all his postings.. at 65.34.79.98

Tarboy's IP address is 65.238.88.230
Way too much address range difference.

And, Pouge's posts are a lot more humous.

Unless he's really pulling our legs and is using someone elses computer.. now that would be funny

07-24-2002, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>
Unless he's really pulling our legs and is using someone elses computer.. now that would be funny <hr></blockquote>

Or a proxy, very simple to make your IP adress show up different.

Stauber

Ralph S.
07-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Ralph S.&gt;still searching for that proctologist to remove my foot from Tarboy's butt!!!!!

07-24-2002, 07:09 PM
Who the heck is tarboy? Sounds like something out of "Song of the South"!

Rod
07-24-2002, 07:16 PM
Oh humm, time to take a nap.

griffith_d
07-24-2002, 07:24 PM
tarbaby strikes again,...son, are you having fun yet?? You know,...I did not even read his post,...that is the beauty of it.

Griff

rackmup
07-24-2002, 08:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>"Oh yeah baby, Tarboy is the best ever." <hr></blockquote>

I somehow think Carl Lewis may have actually said this about Tarboy.

Regards,

Ken (tell us Tarboy...is Carl as fast as they say he is?)

ted harris
07-24-2002, 09:00 PM
What does that stand for? I have seen it used alot.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2002, 09:03 PM
Rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off

Patrick
07-25-2002, 04:13 AM
I agree, they were not good athletes, what is your IQ?

bluewolf
07-25-2002, 08:36 AM
I like 2000 professional and xp professional the best. i have 2000 on my desktop and xp on my labtop.

but then if you think of it, a computer is like a hyperactive kid with an iq of zero.

Bluewolf

bluewolf
07-25-2002, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr> Think again, folks. Every time this shmuck strikes a nerve among our posters and gets an angry response, he has an organism. He jerks the chain and then sits back just to see who will flinch.

'he has an organism' hmmm. i could really go off on that. is it a single celled one or one like in alien or the xfiles?

Bluewolf

Vapros
07-25-2002, 09:34 AM
I guess that wasn't such a good idea, on my part. I thought it would be funny, but it has appeared as a typo to some folks. Sorry 'bout that.

heater451
07-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Especially considering the next line:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr>. . .He jerks the chain and then sits back just to see who will flinch. <hr></blockquote>(They make websites with that stuff, but you have to be a 'member'.)

Humor is where you find it. . . .

====================

07-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I got it. That wouldn't make me feel any better though, as I know me! LOL

07-25-2002, 10:47 PM
...some peoples kids

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 06:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: tarboy:</font><hr> I am simply the greatest althlete ever. This can be verified by such sports greats as Stan "The Man" Musial, Bill Russell, Dan Marino, Ronaldo, Arnold Palmer, John Mcenroe, Carl Lewis, and that is to name just a few. Contact any one of these sports superstars and their response will be, "Oh yeah baby, Tarboy is the best ever."

is this one of the posts that everybody got upset about? i was on a list once for three years that had serious flame wars. i went through an adjustment period and in the end just thought it was funny and as for the people who took it personal and got all upset, well that said more about them than about the person who wrote the sarcastic, satirical post.

Bluewolf