PDA

View Full Version : change the balance point of cues?

canadan
05-31-2007, 12:52 PM
can this be done without adding a heveyer weight bolt? I was thinking of adding something to the hollow core of the but. that goes about a foot into the but. the bolt is about 3"s long if a bolt was the same weight but longer would that change at all. I think it would bring it forwards? I would like to bring the balance point back some more.???????? what would the hevyest bolt be? I think this one is led.

Deeman3
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote canadan:</font><hr> can this be done without adding a heveyer weight bolt? <font color="blue"> It can be done by adding a longer bolt with the same density as long as it is not too far forward but undercut the front of the boltr just behind the threaded end. You probably don't have to worry about that. </font color> I was thinking of adding something to the hollow core of the but. that goes about a foot into the but. <font color="blue"> Some of us guys get nervous when you start talking about butts that way, but a foot of hollow space will still move the balance point backward if filled.</font color> the bolt is about 3"s long if a bolt was the same weight but longer would that change at all. <font color="blue"> This confuses me but that's easy to do. Why would the bolt weigh the same unless it was a smaller diameter bolt? and why would you want that other than maintain the same overall weight, OH! Yes, a same weight bolt, that is longer, will transfer some weight forward. </font color> I think it would bring it forwards? <font color="blue"> Yes! </font color> I would like to bring the balance point back some more.???????? what would the hevyest bolt be? (Gold, or perhaps U-238.) I think this one is led. <font color="blue"> Like Led Zepplin? Lead is not very often used in this application to my limited knowledge but could be if you can get one made or have your own lathe and tap and die set.

I think you should consider removing the bolt, adding a solid gold bolt or doing the simple thing and having a cue made that is balanced the way you like it. It's cheaper than the gold option which is pretty silly when you consider it's hidden bling. I would probably just hang a nice potted plant to the end of the cue. JK /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, I'm just bored again....

canadan
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
hmmm. good idea..... I think I have too much gold around here anyway, then maybe a clear end cap... I'll post some pics next week