PDA

View Full Version : ARAMITH measle ball vs. regular cue ball

bataisbest
05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
I've been trying to get accustomed to playing with the measle cue ball but am having difficulty concentrating on my aiming point because I find all the red spots distracting my peripheral vision when I'm down on my shot. Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions as to how to over come this or should I just keep playing through it until I just get used to it?

Paul_Mon
06-01-2007, 08:24 AM
I don't know if it's just me but after about 10 minutes I didn't even see the spots. I've had the same experience with different colored cloth. It seems strange at first but after a few minutes I don't seem to notice. I also adjusted to and fell in love with Predator shafts within a few hours.
Paul Mon

Deeman3
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Like Paul, I have not found them distracting at all. Maybe you are just not focused on the task at hand, aiming and stroking. I even encourage people starting out to use a stripped ball as a cue ball to learn the spin or at least see it easier. I have no trouble with the measles ball but don't give me one with the mumps....

ceebee
06-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I agree with Paul. I don't see the spots on the ball any more. I actually like using the measles ball. I think it was a good modification.

If you don't like using that particular cue ball, then exercise your wishes.