PDA

View Full Version : The election and religion

Drop1
06-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Clinton,and Obama have both hired teams to handle their religious image,according to the Los Angeles Times. Richardson did not want to discuss it,and Giuliani,said it was a private matter between himself and God. He is a Catholic,and pro choice. The Republican candidates are not talking about religion,because they already have support in the big boxes. People will do almost any thing for money,and will do any thing to get elected. This is going to be interesting,as candidates shed their ethics,to get elected.

Gayle in MD
06-02-2007, 07:33 AM
They will be very ethically challenged, LOL...

I think all this religious BS is backfiring on the Republicans. The framers would be happy about that. This Nation, was not founded on Christianity. Republicans need to look up the word, "Secular"...

Reagen gave them a seat at the table, not Veto power! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
06-02-2007, 12:55 PM
God is an Athiest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cushioncrawler
06-02-2007, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>God is an Athiest./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>But, the Devil(s) iznt an Atheist. madMac.

cushioncrawler
06-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Today, on the car radio, i woz very impressed with Obama's answer to a tricky question re hiz view on religion. He said that he liked Abe's answer, to the effect that "its not whether we think that God is on our side, but rather that, are we on God's side". madMac.

DickLeonard
06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
MadMac the very people who are pro-life have no problem dropping bombs on innocent people.####

Bobbyrx
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I have a huge problem with dropping bombs on innocent people but I have no problem with dropping them on ones
who have or are trying to harm our troops

eg8r
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MadMac the very people who are pro-life have no problem dropping bombs on innocent people.#### <hr /></blockquote> This is the dumbest statement you have ever made (I know that is tough to believe). Sorry but someone had to point it out. I have yet to hear anyone on this board state they had no problem dropping bombs on innocent people.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> MadMac the very people who are pro-life have no problem dropping bombs on innocent people.#### <hr /></blockquote>Dick -- Whenever u guys are argueing about abortion, i allways think about what the bible sez. I pinched the following stuff from "the positive atheist" i think. madMac.

".... The Bible contains exactly one passage which deals explicitly with causing the death of an unborn child. It is in Exodus Chapter 21, the next chapter after the 10 commandments, and the chapter in which the penalties for murder are specified. The verses that deal with causing the death of an unborn child are verses 22 through 25 which read as follows:

...." If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shal be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."... Exodus 21:22-25 (KJV)

....." And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."....
Exodus 21:22-25 (New American Standard Version)...

It is clear from examination of this passage and the rest of the chapter that the death of the unborn child is not considered murder. If the mother dies in the process, it is treated as murder, but the death of the unborn child is punishable only by a fine and then only if the father demands payment...."

Drop1
06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Mac,How about "Thou shalt not kill"? But then there is the passage,that says where ever a man lay with another man,and useth that man as he would a woman,the both shall be put to death,and then there is my all time favorite,"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" Hello Salem. I know these are not about abortion,but they do ring of Christian love. I have wondered,on rare ocassion if the Holy Ghost had sperm,because if not Jesus would be gender less,like Kwan Yin, you know the male sex determining chromosome is the little puny Y,with only seven genes. I think God approves of slavery,as there are instructions in the Bible,how to treat your slave,and when the slave should go free.

cushioncrawler
06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Mac,How about "Thou shalt not kill"? But then there is the passage,that says where ever a man lay with another man,and useth that man as he would a woman,the both shall be put to death,and then there is my all time favorite,"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" Hello Salem. I know these are not about abortion,but they do ring of Christian love. I have wondered,on rare ocassion if the Holy Ghost had sperm,because if not Jesus would be gender less,like Kwan Yin, you know the male sex determining chromosome is the little puny Y,with only seven genes. I think God approves of slavery,as there are instructions in the Bible,how to treat your slave,and when the slave should go free.<hr /></blockquote>Harry -- I get most of my stuff by googling the "annotated bible" and "skeptic bible" etc. The full list of death style penalties in the bible, like stoneing etc, is mind-boggling. Like, for hating your parents etc etc. madMac.

Drop1
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Mac,My father had a penchant for breaking the law,and on ocassion would get his a$$ thrown into prison for months at a time. My mother had no ability to hold a job,so my two brothers,and myself would be farmed off to families of different relatives,where our lack of appreciation for the wonders of Christianity was immediately discovered,and every effort was made to remedy this deficiency. In such a manner I lived with Catholics,Mormons,Baptists,and made to study the Bible of each. My father would get sprung from prison,and we would all be reunited,but with no money. I remember my father once told my mother,just before Christmas,to cut the pockets out of our new pants,so we would have something to play with. We were poor,and we put newspaper in our shoes to cover the holes,when it was cold. Once when my father was doing time,we lived on a box of oatmeal,and water,and nothing else for a week.Yet there was always the relatives,with their Bibles,talking about how much God loved us,and how much we had to love Him,or go to Hell. When you are a little kid Hell is very scary.

cushioncrawler
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Harry -- I woz tort by christian brothers for 2 years and then by nuns for 3 years. We were tort to be ashamed, and to hate. The hate list went i think something like this, in about this order.
Protestants...
Jews...
The devil...
Atheists..
Heretics...
And, we were tort to be afraid. One time we were told that the communists were probably going to attack. I think this woz koz we asked the nuns about why there were searchlights flashing into the night sky for a couple of nights, this woz about 1956. madMac.

Gayle in MD
06-13-2007, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"During Almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of christianity been on trial. What has been its fruist? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

James Madison, Author of the Constitution. <hr /></blockquote>

I think our Founding Fathers would have seen the religious right as a complete threat to the dignity of the United States Constition, and to the dignity and good order of the American well being, since the revolution was about independence of spirit and thought, not religious dogma, and according to documents, religion free....-neutral.

I am extremely offended by religious questions being posed at all to contenders for the respective parties nominations, by those who are heading up the debates. There is no place, according to the framers of our Constitution, in the process of previewing and interviewing Presidential candidates, for questions about personal, private religious philosophy. The Separaion Of Church and State, was to be complete, and perfect, in all ways.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
History has proven there should be no religion in government. There is no demonstration in history that any act of God has been a benefit to any species of animal,including humans. There might be a God,but the relevancy in the day to day slaughter of his children is not,of importance,compared to being loved by the dying.

cushioncrawler
06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> ....There is no demonstration in history that any act of God has been a benefit to any species of animal,including humans.....<hr /></blockquote>Harry -- I know of one species that benefits every day -- Priestus Clergius. madMac.

cushioncrawler
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> .....I am extremely offended by religious questions being posed at all to contenders for the respective parties nominations, by those who are heading up the debates. There is no place, according to the framers of our Constitution, in the process of previewing and interviewing Presidential candidates, for questions about personal, private religious philosophy. The Separaion Of Church and State, was to be complete, and perfect, in all ways....<hr /></blockquote>Gayle -- Perhaps one could (at least) ask about a candidate's attitude to this principle.

Allso, i for one would like to know whether a candidate woz an Atheist. madMac.

Drop1
06-13-2007, 09:14 PM
They don't benefit from Acts of God,they benefit from the psychos,who belive God exists. In the fantasy world of the god fearing christians,god needs money,and the one to receive money is Homopriestuserectus.

cushioncrawler
06-13-2007, 09:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> They don't benefit from Acts of God,they benefit from the psychos,who belive God exists. In the fantasy world of the god fearing christians,god needs money,and the one to receive money is Homopriestuserectus. <hr /></blockquote>The "erectus" bit haz splinterz -- Ouch!!!!
Changing the subject, i allways say...
10% of Popes beleeved in God.
20% of Cardinals beleeved in God.
30% of Bishops beleeved in God.
40% of Priests beleeved in God.
50% of people beleeved in God.
60% of Doctors beleeved in God.
Dont know what this proovs. madMac.

Gayle in MD
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
I guess we're not supposed to use our powers of deduction, or logic, just blind faith, and embrace the mysterious ways.

People say I'm an atheist. I say, I don't know what I am, but I do know that if I was God, I'd be using all my powers to prevent death and suffering. I'd protect all the children, and the animals, in the world. No one would go hungry. And, No one would have to pass a test of blind faith, to enter my kingdom, and for sure, George Bush would have never been president!

I tend not to think of things that cant be proven. I've never thought spirituality, had anything to do with organized religion.

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
06-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I am serious...Bush is a hellova(pardon the pun)lot closer to being an anti-christ than a "chosen by God" man. Pitiful part is that many so-called readers of the bible about deception and the anti-christ, are allowing these atrocities of torture and lies from out WH savior. God don't work that way folks, but the horned other guy does, and Bush is exemplifying everything Satan and the anti-christ is supposed to be during the deception so-called believers. Lying, cheating, killing...give me a break! Bush is bad news, the worst....sid

cushioncrawler
06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> ....I've never thought spirituality, had anything to do with organized religion....<hr /></blockquote>Gayle -- The Bible duznt have anything to do with organized religion -- organized religions have taken the Bible over, for their own (ie priests own) good. madMac.

Drop1
06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I never thought organized religion was more,than the product of an inventive mind,based in politics,both are about power,and control.

cushioncrawler
06-14-2007, 12:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I am serious...Bush is a hellova(pardon the pun)lot closer to being an anti-christ than a "chosen by God" man. Pitiful part is that many so-called readers of the bible about deception and the anti-christ, are allowing these atrocities of torture and lies from out WH savior. God don't work that way folks, but the horned other guy does, and Bush is exemplifying everything Satan and the anti-christ is supposed to be during the deception so-called believers. Lying, cheating, killing...give me a break! Bush is bad news, the worst....<hr /></blockquote>Sid -- Satan is getting a lot of bad press lately. In fact Satan is/woz simply a sort of interrogator (a sort of DA) for God, and didnt have a job-description to lure good people into sin. And, if it could be said that at times he did do some dirty deeds (in the Bible), it woz allwayz with God's permission, he/she/it woz Gods assistant. In fact, more than that, Satan woz/iz identyfyd in the Bible az a "son of God", or "one of God's sons" (God had/haz a few sons of one sort or another it appears, in Heaven).

Regarding "anti-Christ" -- this literally means Christ's deputy, ie someone who acts in place of Christ for one reason or another, eg if Christ iz on holidays, or someone who reckons that they are the new Christ (if the old one is dead). "Anti" duznt mean "anti". madMac.

cushioncrawler
06-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Perhaps we can ask them about their attitude to menstruation. madMac.
........"And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness............."

Drop1
06-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah,blood is a big thing,along with sacrifice,and virginity. Other religions don't seem quite as concerned,as the god of Abraham.

cushioncrawler
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Yeah,blood is a big thing,along with sacrifice,and virginity. Other religions don't seem quite as concerned,as the god of Abraham. <hr /></blockquote>Being an atheist greeny, i am worryd about the turtles. Lets see, 2 turtles each month = 24 per yr = 1000 per wife per life. Looks like the priest owned a pet shop. And he probably had a knock-shop out back for while the wifeys were off limits.

Just realized, Noahs wifey and son's wifeys, say 10 ovem, were on the ark for say 2 years = 24 months, = 48 young doves or turtles each, = 480 turtles or doves in all. Boy, those 2 by 2's must have been busy. madMac.