PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of...........

nmshooter
07-24-2002, 03:59 PM
I recently started playing 3 cushion billiards. The table I play on at my local hall is a Gabriels and it is heated. What is the purpose for the heat?

all responses appreciated,
nmshooter

Eric.
07-24-2002, 04:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nmshooter:</font><hr> I recently started playing 3 cushion billiards. The table I play on at my local hall is a Gabriels and it is heated. What is the purpose for the heat?

NM,

I don't play alot of 3C, but from what I understand, it makes the rails more lively.

Eric
all responses appreciated,
nmshooter <hr></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
07-24-2002, 04:08 PM
I makes the cushions more lively and the cloth less humid I believe.

nmshooter
07-24-2002, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the replies, thats good enough for me. I honestly thought I would find more people playing it in the Kansas City area. Dont ask me why, I just always thought of Kansas City as a hotspot for pool and billiards until i moved here and dont see much going on. Maybe Im not hitting the right places.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-24-2002, 05:34 PM
They are heated to keep the table fast... Real FAST.
Most good 9 foot tables use a fast cloth, like Simonis 860 or faster cloth like Simonis 740 or the Granito's 600 (?).

But I understand there is an even faster cloth available for billiard tables.

If you would like to view some 3-C players, go to www.caromcafe.com (http://www.caromcafe.com) and watch them play live on the Web Cam.

nmshooter
07-24-2002, 05:40 PM
Thanks, I already go to that site way too much as it is. I usually get my fill of billiards there and then overstuff myself with more at my local place. By the way, I started playing 3cush online with a world class player in real life. That is how my interest came to pass.

07-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Consistency. The heat keeps the table playing the same, regardless of changes in humidity in the room so that players don't have to make continuous adjustments. Some players have 40 and 50 diamond systems. Can you imagine what it would be like to continuously adjust each system as the humidity in the room changes? Not easy.

Fran

Voodoo Daddy
07-24-2002, 07:55 PM
Heated tables are very predictable. They historically roll long and if the balls are polished daily...look out for massive slide. I love 3-C but the room closest to me with 3-C tables {Wilaminna's}is tough for me to play in. No one speaks english but there are a ton of solid South American players including several ex-champions. Good Luck and remember the "Umbrela Shot" comes up more often than not...

Patrick
07-25-2002, 05:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nmshooter:</font><hr>
By the way, I started playing 3cush online with a world class player in real life. That is how my interest came to pass. <hr></blockquote>Danny D?

griffith_d
07-25-2002, 06:15 AM
I have never seen anyone play it,...that looks cool!

Griff

nmshooter
07-25-2002, 07:41 AM
No Patrick, not Danny D. Im referring to Volker Baten from Germany. Very very nice guy and he has given me alot of pointers.