PDA

View Full Version : Dimples in the table...GRRR

eat_sleep_pool
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
so on my pool table after any hard hit. etc theres a lil bump or dimple in the table. i once heard that u can rub them out and it will go away. however that doesnt work. and then it affects my play if the ball is slow rolling over it. grrr what is it? its not inbeded into the rock is it? or just the felt, and if it is just the felt why the hell does it stay?? thanks alot!!!

"i stroke my stick to hard,,,, i need a new one"

bataisbest
06-04-2007, 08:33 PM
It's caused by friction of the cue ball with the cloth. Smal burn spots, I guess , would be the best way to describe them. I , too , have noticed them on my elctric blue SIMONIS 860 at home. I guess there's really not much you can do to avoid them.

Bob_Jewett
06-05-2007, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> so on my pool table after any hard hit. etc theres a lil bump or dimple in the table. ... <hr /></blockquote>
You don't say what kind of table and cloth you have. These problems are less on tables with slate beds and worsted (expensive) cloth. Also, the more you elevate the stick -- and everyone does to some extent -- the more you drive the cue ball into the cloth.

jjinfla
06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
You probably have Simonis 760. It is common with that cloth. Doesn't hurt anything but it looks like hell so we don't buy it anymore. We only use 860.

Jake

eat_sleep_pool
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
i dont know what it is, but i know its definitly not a simonis i wish lol. and it does look bad however it also affects my play when the ball is rolling over it slowly it alters the directing a bit /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif bastard clothes lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif