PDA

View Full Version : Top three....

Dagwood
06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok, need a break from the political ramblings here...

Was just thinking about how little television I watch compared to 10 years ago before I joined the military. Found out that I'm spending an average of 25 hours a week less now watching the boob tube than I was. I was pretty suprised by that. And even though I'm not currently a big television watcher, I'm still hooked on a few shows; more so that I've been to pretty much any other show since "The Wonder Years" back in the late 80's early 90's. Figured I'd find out what everyone else is hooked on out there. So here we go. What are your top 3 shows on television right now that you can't miss for anything?

Mine are:
Supernatural
The Office
The Sopranos (even though I'm addicted through the DVD's)

Drop1
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I have watched television about three to four times in the last ten years. I could get cable down here,and watch Fox,and CNN,but most of it seems to be experts repeating experts,or using polls to show the expert is wrong. The whole thing is boring. I will stay with the enternet.TV would be too much like watching e8gr live /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dagwood
06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
LMFOA...Unbelievable. I guess it would be too much to ask to have a thread more than 3 responses long that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the political discussions on here? Not that I was asking or anything...(on second thought, maybe I should have...LOL)

*edit* Let me add something here...Drop, I wasn't trying to be critical of you. I was just trying to get a thread going outside of the political discussion is all. Thought it was pretty funny that in that endeavor the first reply kinda killed that attempt...lol.

Dags

Drop1
06-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Not my intent,to kill the thread,I wanted to comment on television. I just don't watch,except for the heavy cleavage on the Mexican novelas,and that kind of makes me a sexist pig,I never could get that part of political correct right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dagwood
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
LOL, I have to admit that when I pass over the spanish channel I have to stop and admire the stunning scenery as well. Then they open their mouths and it all goes out the window. Oh well....

Dags

cushioncrawler
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
1.... Media Watch.
2.... Cops -- Reality TV.
3.... Benny Hill -- repeats. madMac.

dg-in-centralpa
06-07-2007, 06:09 AM
I don't watch much unless it's AMC or TCM. I'll watch ESPN highlights. If I could find Benny Hill, I'd be there all the time as well as Monty Python. Mrs.DG loves Grey's Anatomy and some of these late night Japanese cartoons.

DG

Gayle in MD
06-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi Dags,
My favorite shows are Real Time With Bill Maher, (Formally known as Politically Incorrect)....
The Sopranos,
Brothers and Sisters, (Great Acting)

Old Classic Movies

And, as for news, I like Frontline, and also Bill Moyers Journal, and many of the lectures by authors, and political people on C-Span, Book TV, and the live coverage of testimony during various committee investigations.

Paula Poundstone, Woopie Goldberg, and Kathy Griffith for stand up comedy, and, there's another lady, black commedian, who is a riot, but I can't recall her name.

Also, love the Masterpiece Theatre. As Time Goes By, and Keeping Up Appearances, both old now, but they were good. My favorite Series on PBS, was Flambards.

Love,
Gayle

Fran Crimi
06-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Mine are/were:

Gilmore girls (7 Great Years. Bye girls!)
Sopranos (How to whack someone in 4200 ways)
Dr. Who (BBC America rocks!)

Fran

JPB
06-07-2007, 07:38 AM
I am surprised nobody has mentioned The Wire yet. I am a Sopranos fan but I have to say The Wire took over as the best show on TV, one of the best ever. That is not to say the Sopranos is bad, I am anxiously awaiting the finale. In some ways the Sopranos opened the door for the Wire, so the Sopranos gets extra points for that. The Wire, however, is tremendous. Between The Wire and The Sopranos, my only "must see" television is on HBO.

Gayle in MD
06-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Sadly gone now, but definately my all time fav, Sex And The City...sniff sniff...miss that show!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bobbyrx
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
(1)24
(2)Law & Order SVU
(3)The Closer

hondo
06-07-2007, 08:40 AM
The Sopranos
House
Lost
Prison Break
Runnersup:
Supernatural
Big Love
Gone & missed:
Deadwood
Rome

Chopstick
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> LOL, I have to admit that when I pass over the spanish channel I have to stop and admire the stunning scenery as well. Then they open their mouths and it all goes out the window. Oh well....

Dags <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, you guys too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I guess I've been watching Dr. Who for about 30 years now. Ya know, Dr Who is the longest running TV series in history. It has been on since the fifties. Other than that I will watch Discovery, the Science channel, or the History channel. I used to watch NOVA all the time but it has just gotten too boring.

I will also watch anything if they blow something up in the first five minutes. I like TV that goes boom. I once saw a show where this guy had built a giant trebuchet and was slinging pianos out into the middle of this field. The pianos just explode on impact. Very cool.

Voodoo Daddy
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Deadliest Catch...makes me not feel guilty payin' $25 for King Crab legs.
Soprano's...Brings me joy to see snitches and rats get whats coming to them.
Monster Jam...I like Monster Trucks, sue me!!

dg-in-centralpa
06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Voodoo,
Glad to see you back. Hope the move went well. Will we see you at the Open?

DG

moblsv
06-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Battlestar Galactica (the only show I go out of my way to watch)

Two I enjoy if I happen to see they are on:
Mythbusters
Daily Show / Colbert Report

eg8r
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
All the CSI's
Prison Break
House

cushioncrawler
06-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I would pay $$$ to get repeats of my favorit shows when i woz a kid. My (really really old) favorits that i can remember were like this, in order (difficult)....
Sergeant Bilko.
Sea Hunt.
The Untouchables.
Rawhide.
Bonanza.
Disneyland.
Superman.
Lost In Space.
Red Skelton.
Jackie Gleeson. madMac.

pooltchr
06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
CSI-Miami
Almost anything sports related (NFL, College Basketball, Golf, NASCAR, NHL, and of course, POOL!)

Steve