PDA

View Full Version : Spray On Table (cloth) Cleaner

tpredes
06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I purchased some of the new spray on cleaning solution and cleaning "mop". At first use, it was really great! it picks up the chalk residue, dust, etc, very quickly. However, after a while, it seemed to have some affect on the cloth itself. Has anyone else had the same experience, or am I perhaps doing something wrong?
Thanks for your feeds.
tp /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
06-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I've been using the QuickClean product for the last couple of years. On NEW cloth, it is great for keeping the playability just awesome. On the older cloth, all it does is quickly clean the chalk and power build up, but does not restore the cloth to NEW conditions.

Overall, I just spray a light mist and wipe clean. It dries almost immediately.

bsmutz
06-08-2007, 01:54 PM
There are two spray on cleaners made specifically for pool tables that I am aware of. One is Quick Clean and the other is Chalk Off. I believe from what I've read, that Quick Clean hit the market first. Chalk Off not only tried to imitate Quick Clean, they even went so far as to use video footage of the inventor of Quick Clean using his product to advertise their product. I've read about the difference in formulae between the two but don't remember the details except that a few people felt that Chalk Off was an inferior product. For these reasons, I made a personal decision to avoid Chalk Off like the plague. A friend bought a can of Quick Clean and let me borrow it to try on my tables. I did not have any problems with it and felt that it was a good product that worked as advertised. Personally, I prefer to just brush frequently and vacuum occasionally. I also tap my cue after chalking in an effort to minimize transfer to the table. I had new cloth put on a little over a year ago and with daily play I barely have any residue on my hand after playing for a few hours. At the pool hall that opened 7 or 8 months ago with red cloth and chalk, I have a red hand after just a couple of games. I don't think they do much to remove the chalk.