PDA

View Full Version : Naval Aviators/Military.com

wolfdancer
06-09-2007, 02:18 PM
web page (http://images.military.com/slideshows/to-be-a-naval-aviator.htm?ESRC=navy.nl)

cushioncrawler
06-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Woolfy -- I think i will stick to hang-gliding -- much simpler control stick. I remember that i woznt much good at landings -- busted my left boot once -- did a big belly skid up to a cow once, lucky it woznt a bull koz i had lots of red on the "sail". Did a bit of solo-gliding in an old wood'n'canvas glider -- i remember dropping a big brown bag of chuck over the office where i worked, my extent of weapons training. madMac.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Wow, lol, what a visual!

Hey, hang gliding, GREAT! I love to go hang gliding, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif and parasailing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Closest experiences to being a bird. It's great!

Gayle in Md.

cushioncrawler
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Wow, lol, what a visual! Hey, hang gliding, GREAT! I love to go hang gliding, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif and parasailing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Closest experiences to being a bird. It's great! Gayle in Md.<hr /></blockquote>Yes hang gliding woz fun -- but this woz in the mid 70's and they were just big kites then, nothing like the modern bird -- nonetheless my brother often got about 1000' over the top of hiz hill when the wind woz perfikt. Funny thing, i am very scared of heights. madMac.

Gayle in MD
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing, i am very scared of heights. madMac. <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't that funny though, so am I, yet, can't resist Hang Gliding, and parasailing. Now, when it comes to jumping from an airplane, I draw the line, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.