PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of a really good flash 3d virtual pool

slippy
06-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey guys,

I used to own that amazing pool game on the PC, called virtual 3d pool. I was wondering if anybody knows of any website that has free online 3d virtual pool, where you can play with computer and real people. I am sick of playing those top down flash pool games and want some in 3d, anyone know of any?

TIA

Jager85
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
www.Carom3D.com (http://www.Carom3D.com)

Great 3D pool game. If you are playing online though you are limited on how much english and power can be used though until you level up your stats. Great game though.

Curtis

cjt08046
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I enjoyed Virtual Pool a lot myself on my old PC, and bought the new version (I think it came out three years ago).
I know you asked about a free on-line flash version, but I thought I'd mention that, since you mentioned you used to own the original Virtual Pool, you can also buy the latest version of VP (very good graphics, including the lights reflecting off of the balls) for about $22, and can download a free demo at
http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/
I think it lets you play other people on-line as well, though I haven't tried that feature, since I enjoy the game a lot as it is.
As a little above average player, though, I think it's screwing with my real game, since "actual pool" seems strange after playing the virtual kind a lot. I think I need to back off the computer version a bit!

slippy
06-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the great replies

Hi Jager85

I just downloaded carom 3d and played online, it is awesome, but i can't find an option to invert the mouse, is their a way to do it?

Also it seems you cannot get the camera angle to go right down along the cue length to the ball, that's something i liked about virtual pool 3d.

The down loadable version, is that the full version or do you have to pay for that?

Still carom 3d is not flash based pool, do you know of any where you play directly from the web page using flash?

Also do you know any that have snooker and pool?

TIA

cjt08046
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but the full version of Virtual Pool 3 has snooker as one of its games.
I know it's not exactly what you asked for (Flash game), but since VP 3 has snooker I thought you'd like to know.

Jager85
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Slippy,

It does not enable you to get level with the cue stick but you can get it closer with 'alt' if you did not know that. I found this by trying a bunch of buttons because I was dissatisfied at this fact as well. The 'alt' key is not listed under the controls as I remember it so just hold it down and slide the mouse up or down to change the camera angle. Good Luck and Enjoy!

Curtis

Jager85
06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cjt08046:</font><hr> I enjoyed Virtual Pool a lot myself on my old PC, and bought the new version (I think it came out three years ago).
I know you asked about a free on-line flash version, but I thought I'd mention that, since you mentioned you used to own the original Virtual Pool, you can also buy the latest version of VP (very good graphics, including the lights reflecting off of the balls) for about $22, and can download a free demo at
http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/
I think it lets you play other people on-line as well, though I haven't tried that feature, since I enjoy the game a lot as it is.
As a little above average player, though, I think it's screwing with my real game, since "actual pool" seems strange after playing the virtual kind a lot. I think I need to back off the computer version a bit! <hr /></blockquote>

Personally playing vp games helps my real game. It gets me really wanting to play real pool that I am so stoked when I get to play I don't think as much, as over-thinking tends to throw off my shots. It also helps my eye on the angles. I am better than average, not exactly sure what average is but for an idea I play in Aurora, SW suburbs of Chicago, and am an APA SL6 hopefully soon to be a 7. I am trying my hardest to move up but I tend to be inconsistent at times.

Curtis

cjt08046
06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
That's good that it helps your real game, Jager. The original VP helped mine, back in 95 or 96, but I think my difficulties with the new version stem from me not playing enough real pool to balance out the VP. I don't have a lot of time for going out nowadays, and unfortunately it's easier for me to fire up VP than get out to a local pool hall. The problem is, when I do go out, standing at a table and being responsible for a solid bridge and smooth stroke feels strange! I think VP is good for your actual game if you can play real pool often, though.