PDA

View Full Version : 14.1 Scoring Program

Caromsoft
06-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi All.

I have been working on a computerized billiards scoring program for a while and have completed the 14.1 Continuous module. It is called the Caromsoft Billiards Scoring System - Personal Edition, or Caromsoft BSS Personal. It keeps track of Rack totals, Score, High Run, Fouls, Safeties and more. It was designed to be used on a computer next to the table to keep score in real time but there is also a scoresheet system for playing away.

The program was designed in Filemaker Pro Runtime. You do not need Filemaker to run the program.

The Caromsoft Billiards Scoring System is available for free download at:

www.caromsoft.com (http://www.caromsoft.com)

Look under "Products". The setup file is around 13MB. It installs just like any program, and comes with an uninstall as well. The program will ask you for a user name the first time it is run, and the first time only. Just click OK to whatever it has there.

I welcome any comments or suggestions. Enjoy!

Tom

okinawa77
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Does it analyze the data to accurately rate a player's skill level? I think people would pay $ for a good rating software program.

Caromsoft
07-09-2007, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote okinawa77:</font><hr> Does it analyze the data to accurately rate a player's skill level? I think people would pay $ for a good rating software program. <hr /></blockquote>That is an interesting idea. I see a lot of posts on the various forums about how to rate yourself as a player, and the opinions seem to be all over the place. I will give that some serious thought, thanks!