PDA

View Full Version : Great night at the pool hall

stickman
07-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Nope I didn't win. So what made it a great night? Well I did win in a ring game, but later was playing heads up with a very good player and lost. I gave him all he wanted, but was off just a little. Using him as a benchmark, I feel I am improving. On a good night I would beat him. Better yet, I bought a pool table. I'll probably have to store it in my garage for now. I haven't even seen it yet, or know what kind it is, except it is a three piece slate, 8'er. I'll go see it tommorrow. The price? How about $120? I don't know how I could go wrong. I'll have to let you know. I guess if after I see it and it is a total piece of junk, I can back out.

=k=
07-25-2002, 06:28 AM
stickman hoping you find a diamond in the rough!!!

bluewolf
07-25-2002, 07:09 AM
it is progress not perfection. when a person thinks they know everything, it is like having a full glass, no new ideas can enter their brain.

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-25-2002, 07:09 AM
it is progress not perfection. when a person thinks they know everything, it is like having a full glass, no new ideas can enter their brain.

bluewolf

9 Ball Girl
07-25-2002, 01:22 PM
send us a pic when you set it all up!

Wendy~~suffering from pool table envy /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-25-2002, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> Nope I didn't win. So what made it a great night? Well I did win in a ring game, but later was playing heads up with a very good player and lost. I gave him all he wanted, but was off just a little. Using him as a benchmark, I feel I am improving. On a good night I would beat him. <hr></blockquote>

It's always a great feeling to feel your game improve a notch. The funny thing is you never can predict when it will happen. That makes it even better. Keep it up and good luck with the table.

stickman
07-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks Wally &amp; all. The guy I was playing won the last few tournaments we had here, so I feel I'm headed in the right direction. I know that I was capable of playing better. That's the crazy thing about this game. Some days you can't play up to your potential, and other days you might amaze yourself, and then there's those days you just plain stink. I'd like to see those days go away.

I'm still waiting on a call to go see the table. I'm really anxious to see what it is.

07-25-2002, 02:20 PM

Tom_In_Cincy
07-25-2002, 03:51 PM
Stickman,
The "Great Nite" at the pool hall, can be more often than not. Glad you felt good enough about it to share. I hope you can string a few good decades together... of "Great Nites"

stickman
07-25-2002, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Congratulations stickman on your noticable improvement. Just curious, as I have been thinking about doing this myself as the CCB forum has been so helpful to me, what are the CCB topics/threads that helped you the most? <hr></blockquote>

There are too many tidbits of information I've picked up to mention. One recent one was the discussion over pausing at the cueball or at the back of the stroke. I still pause at the cueball, but have added a slight hesitation at the back of my stroke. It seems to have helped to take some of the occassional wiggle out of my stroke. I don't care if you're Efren Reyes or stickman, everybody misses because of an error in the final stroke. Also, my lessons from Scott Lee have aided me immensely. I try a lot of ideas that I pickup here. If they work for me I use them. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Scott Lee
07-26-2002, 02:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> I don't care if you're Efren Reyes or stickman, everybody misses because of an error in the final stroke. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
<hr></blockquote>

HEY! That's MY line! LOL If you're going to start using that Jim, start sending me royalty checks! LMAO Just kidding...hope that table is a lucky find!

Scott

stickman
07-26-2002, 07:47 AM
And you didn't think I was paying attention, did you? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif LOL

My buddy never did call me to go look at the table. I guess I'll have to track him down. He only has a cell phone, and I don't have his number written down. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif