PDA

View Full Version : Mayor of New York

Drop1
06-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Was a Democrat,became a Republican,and now has left the Republican Party. Talk of a third party bid for 2008. Bright guy with five billion dollars should be interesting.

eg8r
06-20-2007, 06:14 AM
We do need a 3rd party, I would like to have a pseudo-Libertarian/Republican party. I like the fact that the Libertarian party seems most interested in the Constitution and reducing Government but have a portion of a "true" Conservative Republican slant to make sure things don't go to the extreme libertarian. And for a bonus put the Fair Tax on the platform.

eg8r

DickLeonard
06-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Eg8r there is no such thing as a Fair Tax, let's have an unfair tax and soak the Rich. Bush's plan of soaking the Poor is not working either.####

eg8r
06-20-2007, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r there is no such thing as a Fair Tax, let's have an unfair tax and soak the Rich. <hr /></blockquote> Why don't you take the advice of Gayle and read a book. Fair Tax is alive and building every day.

As far as soaking the poor, this is a complete farce generated by the left hoping to gain more votes.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Bravo!

Both Reagan, and the present dummy, expanded poverty levels.
REagan put us into a recession. Reagan sold arms to the Contras. The last conservative Republican, was Barry Goldwater. "Republican conservative," is an oxymoron. Reagan created huge deficits, just as Bush has done. Republicans, can't handle money, just redirect as much as possible to the corporate fascists, even if they have to lie us into a war, to do it!

37 million people in our country are living in poverty, and all the religious leaders are millionaires. George Bush used the Tax Payers dollars in Texas, to build the stadium for his team. He dumped stock. He lied us into a war, with the help of the Republican majority. He promoted torture, and refuses to abide by the Constitution, and yet the nutty 28% will go right back into the booth, and try to put yet another Republican crook in the White House... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Nothing is easier to buy, than votes from the right, just a few bucks off on their taxes, and they can overlook anything, and everything.

Love,
Gayle

Vapros
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
You're absolutely right. The nutty 28% will be trying to put another Republican crook in the White House. Fair is fair, and it is high time for another Democratic crook. Everything looks favorable for it. If you guys can't win this time you should give up politics and open a car lot.

There's one little thing, though. You will have to come up with a candidate. None in sight, so far.

Gayle in MD
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
LOL, I don't think the Dems are the ones that need a candidate. They've got more going for them than a cross dresser and his mistress, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I understand that Bush is looking at more re-deployments. That means some of these same guys and gals will be looking at their fifth and sixth deployments. For me, and I suspect for many others, the election will be about the war, and our troops, not taxes and blow jobs.

www.vets.com (http://www.vets.com)

Vapros
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Come on, GMD. You know more about politics than that. By election time there will be good news of some sort about the war. Count on it. Better brace yourself. You could get twenty-eight percented again. You grossly over-estimate the public. P.T. Barnum could explain that to you.

Gayle in MD
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By election time there will be good news of some sort about the war. <hr /></blockquote>

Problem is, it'll be coming from the same bunch who lied us into it, so who's going to believe it....just the nutty 28, isn't enough. I understand, some pretty damning information on the Republicans, is forth coming. Then, there's September, which we already have the signs, will be re-scripted by the White House.

The Dems have some bold plans, for September, that will include many Republicans, and also serve to prove, that the Democrat's position on the war, has been correct, all along. Many experts are now saying exactly what Biden and Murtha, said, long long ago. Re-deploy to the peripheral. Get our people out of the Civil Sectarian violence. Make the Iraqis fight for their own country. Divide the country into small regional areas of government leadership. cover the borders. There are some good ideas out there, but not of them are "Stay The Course" that's been the overall Republican theme, all along. Now it's escalate the violence. That won't work, either. The big question is will the Iraqi parliament go on vacation. If they do that, the Republicans can forget 08. Either way, there will be an exodus away from Bush, by Republican leaders, who will withdraw support, after September, but after six years of their blank checks, they're going to look pretty stupid, IMO.

Defending George Bush, is a death sentence for the Republican Party. He's the most hated man to ever occupy the White House, and so is Cheney. already, douglas Feith, can't get a lunch date in Wasington D.C. Wolfowitz and Feith, have even been booed, before, when entering a dining room, on different occasions. The tide is turning against all of them, around town. They're poison, and so is Bush. Their entire propaganda machine is losing it's "Take" and Washington is to politics, as California is to style. It all starts and ends, right here, in the long run.

Gayle in Md.

A number of investigations, are underway, and some new ones, and from what I hear, when it comes to lies, and lawbreaking, we aint' heard nothin' yet!

Truthfully, I'll just be happy when the chimp is gone, and our kids come home, that's all I want, and SOMEONE, gets back to getting bin Laden. I want him gone, bad!

Vapros
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
We'll see. 'Pretty damning evidence' is the stock in trade of both parties. You have developed a selective perception that keeps you from seeing the whole landscape. Nobody loves Bush any more, but that is not much of a recommendation for anyone else. Don't expect the Republican candidate to go into the gate with Bush on his back. He will not.

eg8r
06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Problem is, it'll be coming from the same bunch who lied us into it, so who's going to believe it....just the nutty 28, isn't enough. I understand, some pretty damning information on the Republicans, is forth coming. <hr /></blockquote> Yeah right. I just cannot wait to see it. Maybe this time the left will actually have some proof instead of accusations.

[ QUOTE ]
The Dems have some bold plans, for September, that will include many Republicans, and also serve to prove, that the Democrat's position on the war, has been correct, all along. <hr /></blockquote> All along? Don't you remember these are the same Dems that have been saying for a decade we were correct to go into Iraq? What does "all along" mean to a Dem these days? It sounds like your meaning is "the point in time in which the left decided to change their minds so as not to support the President?"

[ QUOTE ]
There are some good ideas out there, but not of them are "Stay The Course" that's been the overall Republican theme, all along. <hr /></blockquote> Here is that use of "all along" again. Definition please.

[ QUOTE ]
A number of investigations, are underway <hr /></blockquote> Big freaking deal. You guys could not even indict the person that outed the secretary.

[ QUOTE ]
Truthfully, I'll just be happy when the chimp is gone, and our kids come home, that's all I want, and SOMEONE, gets back to getting bin Laden. I want him gone, bad! <hr /></blockquote> I doubt anyone on the left wants bin Laden "bad". They are more interested in ruining this country and running to sign the Kyoto treaty. All they can talk about is leaving Iraq and sticking the earth back in the fridge.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I dare say, since they are all for staying in Iraq, they shall have a hard time getting the chimp off their backs, after having defended his incompetence and lies, throughout his tenure.

[ QUOTE ]
You have developed a selective perception that keeps you from seeing the whole landscape. <hr /></blockquote>

Atleast I have the guts to take a stand, rather than just pop out of the bushes, to take pot shots, with personal insults. Anyone can do that, you know. That's easy.

Oh, and do, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif be well....

Vapros
06-21-2007, 08:21 AM
No doubt about that. You have the guts to take a stand and the stamina and leisure to repeat your stand in great detail, ad nauseum, day after day after day. I suppose that's good. Or at least it could have been.

Gayle in MD
06-21-2007, 09:26 AM
And you OTOH, spend all your time here doling out insults. Take responsibility for your own decisions. If you're addicted to reading my posts, that's not my lookout.

Georgie the chimp hasn't yet managed to outlaw dialog on the "Internets" YET.

As long as our troops are being abused by this illegal immoral bunch of chickenhawks, I'll continue....ad nauseum, just as you do, only for more worthwhile purposes than yours.

DickLeonard
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Vapros a Used Car Lot at that.####

Vapros
06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
I seem to have struck a nerve. Or maybe two nerves. DL, I was not able to understand your post. Is English your first language?

Gayle in MD
06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
As long as our troops are being abused by this illegal immoral bunch of chickenhawks, I'll continue....ad nauseum, just as you do, only for more worthwhile purposes than yours.

Yeah, right, you've really had a huge impact on me... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you guys can't win this time you should give up politics and open a car lot.
<hr /></blockquote>

You got a problem with understanding what you write? Is English, you're first language, or is it Russian? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Vapros
06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I knew it! I knew it! You've got this propaganda saved on your hard drive and you circulate it over and over. Caught you red-hearted.

I can understand what I write. It was Leonard's comment that I found puzzling.

Guess I'll give you another month off. You've earned it.

Drop1
06-21-2007, 01:19 PM
What do you spend your time doing,look for fly dodo in pepper. Be well idiot.

Vapros
06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Harry, you said recently that you had a witty dog - a chahuha, I believe. I suggest you give him a tryout at your keyboard.

The 'Angle' Vapros

Drop1
06-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I suggest you give up the keyboard,which in a way you have.Be all you can Vamp.

eg8r
06-21-2007, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fly dodo in pepper <hr /></blockquote> Is that really how you spell it? Maybe that wacky dictionary you have been reading has it, who knows. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

Vapros
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Well, you got me. This is about all I can be. I have a dog, also, but mine is a mongrel and I am, too. He's not witty and he won't work, but I let him stay around and I buy his lunch because he is a good old boy (see there! I could be a liberal) and I love him. After supper tonite we will take a walk in the woods, and somewhere along the way he will probably Drop1. Or 2. Or 3. He generally does.

By the way, I have heard of people who couldn't spell s__t, but I was not aware we had one on this board.

Be well.

The 'Angle' Vapros (Vamp)