PDA

View Full Version : Confidence in Congress at an all time low.

reggie182
06-21-2007, 07:57 AM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gallup/2007/06/what_do_hmos_an.html

eg8r
06-21-2007, 09:13 AM
I was just coming here to see if anyone had mentioned it. I was wondering if Gayle would have posted it, but that was just a quick funny thought. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is the link to the Gallup Website (http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27946) [ QUOTE ]
The percentage of Americans with a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in Congress is at 14%, the lowest in Gallup's history of this measure -- and the lowest of any of the 16 institutions tested in this year's Confidence in Institutions survey. It is also one of the lowest confidence ratings for any institution tested over the last three decades.
<hr /></blockquote> Whew, those lying Dems are sure burning it up aren't they. Even the Rep-led Congress never dropped that low.

[ QUOTE ]
Of the 16 societal institutions tested in Gallup's 2007 update, Americans express the most confidence in the military. They have the least confidence in HMOs and Congress. <hr /></blockquote> A Dem-led Congress is as bad as HMOs. Can't say we did not already know that.

Even organized religion gets higher ratings. I guess those being polled this time around don't believe the same way the left does here about religion and the job the Democrats are doing. Maybe their response would be that the 1000 polled were a lucky sample of the 28%. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://media.gallup.com/POLL/Releases/pr070621i.gif
[ QUOTE ]
Americans' confidence in the presidency has dropped concomitantly with the drop in Bush's approval ratings. In 2002, 58% were confident in the presidency compared to the current 25%. President Bush's job approval ratings have fallen from 84% at the beginning of 2002 to 32% today. <hr /></blockquote> Wow, talk about a drop, 84 to 32. It is still above the 14% the Dems have achieved but goodness, that is a huge drop.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
It's going to take more than six months, and a much larger majority of Democrats, to clean up the mess left behind by the Republicans. See you in September....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070621/iraq/

This is what Democrats will finally be able to presure the Republicans into agreeing to put a stop to, finally.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's going to take more than six months, and a much larger majority of Democrats, to clean up the mess left behind by the Republicans. See you in September....
<hr /></blockquote> Quite possibly so, but why decide to do a horrendous job worthy of dropping to record lows first?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
You should ask Bush that question, and the Republicans who are still blocking progress, as usual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Well, it was Pelosi and company that stood in the way of sending money to the troops on the last bill. Pelosi could not get her stubborn issues out of the bill and the troops did not get the money when they expected it. She put the troops in unnecessary danger. That is the reason why this country does not believe a Dem-led Congress is doing a good job. That is why this Dem-led Congress is at the lowest point in history. Pelosi lied going in and is at this point a complete failure.

eg8r

pooltchr
06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Ed,
You have to be fair here. GW had 9 months from the time he took office until the terrorists attack on 9/11. According to the libs on this forum, he should have had enough time to stop it from happening. I guess we should give congress 9 months to straighten up. I'm willing to bet they can't do it.

You gotta feel sorry for poor Gayle. When the Republicans were in the majority, everything was their fault. Now the Dems are in the majority, but it's still the Republican's fault. Those liberals just can't seem to get it together, whether they have the numbers or they don't. Seems like the Dems are just victims of a vast right wing conspiracy, no matter what they do. Maybe they should create a new government program to figure out why they just don't seem to connect with the better educated portion of the population.

Liberal rule number 1: Democrats can do no wrong.
Liberal rule number 2: When the Democrats are wrong, find a way to blame the Republicans.

Steve

Gayle in MD
06-26-2007, 09:55 AM
As usual, more RNC talking points, which fail completely to acknowledge the Republican Blank Check Congress, that enabled the worst foreign policy in history.

You guys can write it any way you wish, but Iraq, belongs to the Republicans, and the voters know that much, and they also see what this Republican led authoritarian style dictatorship looks like up close and personal. With Dick Cheney, insisting he is above the law, and the exposure of more human abuses than anyone had imagined, and an Attorney General that raises his hand to the Congress, and lies, I'd be ashamed to be defending Republicans.

You obviously can't grasp the process of overriding a veto, or what a razor thin majority, can accomplish, but since the vast majority in this country think that Iraq, was a mistake, and we all know the Republicans in the White House, who lied us into this war, I'd hardly put the disapproval, on the backs of the Democrats.

Your party is the Iraq War Party, which refuses to see the light, on this losing proposition, but the American Public, by a vast majority, has believed for a long time that we were lied into this war, and that it was a mistake. Hence, your arguments, are false. And your President, is down to 26%, and sliding. Eat your heart out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Steve,

In all honesty, it only took them 100 hours to accomplish most of what they promised. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif