PDA

View Full Version : The Catholic Bishops

Drop1
06-21-2007, 08:43 PM
are meeting,in a closed session,to weigh how much the Church should try to affect the election in 2008. I think any Church with aspirations of political influence,should lose their tax exempt status. Enough with the Faith based political krap hiding behind "The Cloth".

cushioncrawler
06-22-2007, 12:59 AM
How would it be if Atheists got tax breaks and religions didnt. A long time ago Mohammedans were given tax breaks and Zorroastrians werent, to get rid of Zorroastrians, and it worked. Tax breaks for religions are probably nonconstitutional, with all due respect to the good work of one or two, the salvos perhaps. madMac.

wolfdancer
06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
For shame, on you !! that is blasphemous!!
However, as an ordained Minister in the Universal Life Church, if you would send me a donation, so that I can make improvements to my church/pool room....I can intercede for you, and pray for your salvation.
AND, you can write the $$ off from your taxes....unless of course you live in some third rate, underdeveloped country..

Drop1
06-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Where do I send the check,I can use my dollar account.

Drop1
06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
One of the posters thinks you and I are the same person:welcome to the family. I once was going to immigrate to Australia,but they turned me down for being old,drunk,and out of order. I could probably make it in today,using my other name " /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gifPhan Pi"

wolfdancer
06-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Who could make that mistake?....Mac is certifiably....
and you've just begun your journey

Deeman3
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
As a Christian, I see absolutely nothing wrong with taxes on churches. I'm beginning to think I'm a flat rate tax guy anyway. But I would like to attach something to the bill that would stop us funding NPR. Something wrong with support for an organization who can't get off the classical music. Now, Car Talk is supportable...

cushioncrawler
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> For shame, on you !! that is blasphemous!! However, as an ordained Minister in the Universal Life Church, if you would send me a donation, so that I can make improvements to my church/pool room....I can intercede for you, and pray for your salvation. AND, you can write the $$ off from your taxes....unless of course you live in some third rate, underdeveloped country.. <hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- I dont earn enuff to pay income tax, u needta earn over about $7000. But, i did play in the melbourne churches billiards league, probably kood hav got cheaper gas, fool. madMac.

cushioncrawler
06-22-2007, 06:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> One of the posters thinks you and I are the same person:welcome to the family. I once was going to immigrate to Australia,but they turned me down for being old,drunk,and out of order. I could probably make it in today,using my other name " /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gifPhan Pi"<hr /></blockquote>I think that Ozz holds some sort of world record for immigration. Whites appear to be outnumbered (i am a Polish whitey). Many of my snooker and billiards team-mates/opponents are vietnamese, or some other immigrant etc. Only know of one american, he is a ranked snooker player, boy is he a big (tall) guy (is black), came over to play pro basketball originally i think, allways sez g'day to me. Maltese love billiards. In melbourne, when i stop for pedestrians, they are often very black (sudanese i think), or very covered up (ie muslim ladys)etc , lots of kaftans etc. All in all a very good situation (except that none of this helps the overpopulation), koz your average (white) ozzy haz historically been very ignorant and up-themselves. madMac.

Drop1
06-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Things change in forty years brother Mac /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
06-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Tap Tap Tap.

No one ever wants to explain how all these Falwells, end up millionaires.

Organized religion is a real racket. If they're going into politics, then they should lose their tax deferral. We've yet to see all the damage from the Bush appointees on the Supreme Court, but we're seeing the beginning, now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Embryos, more important than suffering, living people. Pure insanity!