PDA

View Full Version : A public "Thank You" to Dan Janes of Joss Cues

BillPorter
06-23-2007, 11:31 AM
About a year ago I received an email from Dan Janes saying that he had looked at the old pool photos Mike Haines and I put on the Internet. Jim Buss had tipped him about our Website and after checking out our images, Dan wrote saying,

"Bill,
I just looked at your web site and saw photos that made me feel like I was going back in time. I have some old photos of Buddy, Richie, Moore and quite a few others but the photos on your web site are so neat its scary. I traveled with a few of these guys for awhile and had forgotten what they (we) looked like when we were thin (and young). I hope this does well for you. You have a part of history that will never be seen again."

He later wrote me saying he'd be glad to send cues to Mike and me in exchange for any and all of the old pool photos we had in our collection. Heck, we'd have sent them to him for free if he had asked, but neither Mike nor I ever turn down free pool cues, so we sent him everything we had.

The day before yesterday, Mike and I received our beautiful Joss cues! Dan engraved our names on the joint to personalize them. I love mine and I am sure Mike treasures his as well. It's one cue I'll never sell. This model of Joss cues is very close to what our cues look like: http://www.josscues.com/html/cues/AV13.html

I just wanted to publicly thank Dan and let people know what a stand up guy he is. Everyone knows that Joss makes a quality cue and now you know that the company is run by a quality guy.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-23-2007, 01:28 PM
You lucky Dawg... hopefully I'll see you at the Derby in 2008

BillPorter
06-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Sure, if I'm ambulatory I'll be at the 2008 DCC. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigRigTom
06-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Congratulations Bill!
You are one "LUCKY DAWG" but I always said when you live right, good things happen.

Your pictures on that web site are GREAT! Glad to hear that Dan thinks so too and rewarded you guys for all that hard work.

Good luck to you both, sincerely!

SPetty
06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
That's cool!

06-25-2007, 04:43 PM
It's a great story, Bill, and nobody deserves to reap rewards for an asset like that more than you. You should also check out the cue Dan's son Steven made for Ralf Soquet. It's the most spectacular single cue on tour. GF

BillPorter
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
George, thank you very much! Yes, I'd like to see that cue that Stephen made. Do you have a link to a photo?