PDA

View Full Version : new immigrant proposal

Drop1
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I can't agree with the road to Citizenship part,but other areas seem reasonable. Too bad we have the shock jocks doing our thinking on this issue.

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 03:06 AM
I'd just like to hear the legislators, and particularly this President, who justifies everything he does under the banner of keeping Americans safe, explain why they have failed to enforce the laws already on the books.

Amnesty, without any increased measures to deport those who have committed violent crimes, is completely irresponsible.

The solution is simple. Huge fines for any business owners who hire illegal aliens. That would require a functioning government, however.

It seems our government can't even stay on top of passports!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
06-27-2007, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to hear the legislators, and particularly this President, who justifies everything he does under the banner of keeping Americans safe, explain why they have failed to enforce the laws already on the books. <hr /></blockquote> Maybe Ted could give that a shot also since he is the one that thinks this amnesty bill will increase our safety.

Oh nevermind, you never ask a lib to explain themselves. Heck they can lie if they want to according to you, just as long as W does not follow their lead.

eg8r

Drop1
06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I agree deport,the criminals,violent crime,or a stolen car.I don't like this bill at all,the more I look at it. If you can't be legal,you can't be.

Drop1
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Maybe Ted,and George,could get together for a foto opp,since they both are strong supporters of this bill.

eg8r
06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
And maybe in the background they can have a sign that says something to the effect of "we won!". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Yet another pointless post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Ditto! It's absurd. We have the problem, because they didn't enforce the law in the first place. What good is yet another law?

Reagan's amnesty bill was pushed through when we had a million estimated illegal aliens. Now, estimates are between 12 million to 30 million. Does government ever learn from history? Apparently, not.

You can't end illegal occupations, unless you close the borders. You can't keep decent wages for working Americans, by hiring cheap illegal labor.

Only the Corporate fascists, are benefitting from the illegal occupation of our country.

Both parties, are selling us out.

Drop1
06-27-2007, 01:26 PM
There is an old blues song titled"There Will Be A Better Day," and I believe there will be. I'm not letting either Party take the I out of me.
Drop

pooltchr
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Thought I would share this note I got from Tom Tancredo:

Dear Steve,
Yesterday, 64 United States Senators – including two of my opponents for
the Republican presidential nomination, Sam Brownback and John McCain --
voted to move the Bush-Kennedy-McCain Amnesty bill forward.

When those 64 Senators cast their “aye” votes, they betrayed the trust
of the American people and the security of the United States. It really
is that simple!

I am absolutely disgusted at the arrogance of those Senators who freely
disregard the will of the American people by their support of massive
amnesty for illegal aliens. They have willfully ignored the mistakes of
the 1986 amnesty bill, in order to feed the corporate special interests
and appease the Hispanic lobby!

If this miserable legislation makes it out of the Senate, I pledge to
you that I will move heaven and earth to stop it in the House of
Representatives. I beat amnesty out of the last bill that passed the
House in December 2005, which was a good “enforcement only” measure. I
am ready to lead the charge again!

But I need your help!

First, please call your United States Senators again today and tell them
how strongly you oppose any bill that grants amnesty to illegal aliens.
Your phone calls are the reason yesterday’s procedural vote was so
close, which means we have a decent shot at killing this beast in the
next few days, if we can just keep up the pressure!

The Capitol switchboard number is 202-224-3121. If you have already
called your Senators, thank you…..but please call them again!

I need your help to make sure Republican voters,
in Iowa, New Hampshire, and all across the country, know that I am the
one candidate who stands foursquare for full enforcement of our
immigration laws, and against any form of amnesty for illegals.

I believe we can
ultimately beat Bush, Kennedy and McCain, in the Congress and also in
the country. But we need your generous help today!

Tom Tancredo

eg8r
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote head in the sand Gayle:</font><hr> Reagan's amnesty bill was pushed through when we had a million estimated illegal aliens. <hr /></blockquote>
Reagan was a rookie. Kennedy has been pushing this a long time. He has been wrong every time and you can only mention Reagan. Everyone on this board is trying to be unbiased about this whole issue and you just can't bring yourself up to the table.

[ QUOTE ]
TED KENNEDY, "Father of the Illegal Alien Invasion of the United States!"

(1) - Ted Kennedy's 1965 comments on the 1965 Immigration Act:
http://www.vdare.com/fallon/060809_promises.htm

"Out of deference to the critics, I want to comment on . what the bill will not do. First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same . Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset . Contrary to the charges in some quarters, S.B.500 will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and economically deprived nations of Africa and Asia. In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think. Thirdly, the bill will not permit the entry of subversive persons, criminals, illiterates, or those with contagious disease or serious mental illness. As I noted a moment ago, no immigrant visa will be issued to a person who is likely to become a public charge . the charges I have mentioned are highly emotional, irrational, and with little foundation in fact. They are out of line with the obligations of responsible citizenship. They breed hate of our heritage."(Senate Part 1, Book 1, pp. 1-3)

(2) - Ted Kennedy's 1986 comments on Reagan's Amnesty bill:
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty260.htm

“This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forth an amnesty bill like this.”
<hr /></blockquote> Never say never Teddy.

If you click on the links you will see there are plenty of people from both sides of the fence pushing amnesty.

[ QUOTE ]
Both parties, are selling us out.
<hr /></blockquote> Well there you go, we knew you could do it.

eg8r

eg8r
06-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Your right. In your effort to mention a pointless post you do the same thing. I guess mentally you are unable to move on.

However, I don't find it pointless to mention Ted Kennedy when amnesty comes up. Why do you allow hate to rule your life. You would be a much happier person if you just got rid of all the hate.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Tap Tap Tap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif