PDA

View Full Version : HOLLYWOOD ENDING

cheesemouse
07-25-2002, 07:18 AM
HOLLYWOOD ENDING

The tarnished image of pool was given a shine today at the World 9-ball championship in C------ .
Earl Strickland, America's bad boy of pool, shocks the world with an act of respect that brought the crowd to it's feet cheering. After having fought a grueling battle with Fillipino player, Franciso Bustamante, who had recieved the tragic news of his infant daughters death just the day before, and with the match tied at 16-16 only one game remained to determine the championship. Mr Strickland gained the advantage in the final rack and all in the crowd and all those watching the worldwide live TV coverage knew that this heart wrenching story was about to end without the fairy tale ending where the grieving father Bustomonti wins...having positioned the CB nearly perfect on the winning 9-ball shot the bad boy of pool gets up off the shot, slumps his shoulders and reaches down and picks up the CB and walks over and presents it to Mr Bustamante. In the stunned silence only the words "I'm sorry about your lose" could be heard. Slowly the realization of what just happen moved through the crowd and after a moment of silence the roar began... the grieving father stands with CB held high and said to the once again slient crowd "I will not take the shot". A world championship would end without a winner......

Lester
07-25-2002, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> HOLLYWOOD ENDING

The tarnished image of pool was given a shine today at the World 9-ball championship in C------ .
Earl Strickland, America's bad boy of pool, shocks the world with an act of respect that brought the crowd to it's feet cheering. After having fought a grueling battle with Fillipino player, Franciso Bustamante, who had recieved the tragic news of his infant daughters death just the day before, and with the match tied at 16-16 only one game remained to determine the championship. Mr Strickland gained the advantage in the final rack and all in the crowd and all those watching the worldwide live TV coverage knew that this heart wrenching story was about to end without the fairy tale ending where the grieving father Bustomonti wins...having positioned the CB nearly perfect on the winning 9-ball shot the bad boy of pool gets up off the shot, slumps his shoulders and reaches down and picks up the CB and walks over and presents it to Mr Bustamante. In the stunned silence only the words "I'm sorry about your lose" could be heard. Slowly the realization of what just happen moved through the crowd and after a moment of silence the roar began... the grieving father stands with CB held high and said to the once again slient crowd "I will not take the shot". A world championship would end without a winner...... <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Boy, that would be a Hollywood ending. No tournament with 1st and 2nd place equaling $90,000 is gonna have a "kiss-your-sister" ending. ha ha Then again, that's what happened with the all-star game. Oops, did I go there? ***Lester***

Rich R.
07-25-2002, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry to say that your Hollywood ending would never happen with this cast of characters. Especially the star.
Rich R.

MikeM
07-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks, Cheese. you lifted my spirits, if only for a moment.

MM

Lester
07-25-2002, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> I'm sorry to say that your Hollywood ending would never happen with this cast of characters. Especially the star.
Rich R. <hr></blockquote>
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; But Rich, you oughta print this out and save it. Make a great ending to that new pool movie script you're writing. JMHO ***Lester***

9 Ball Girl
07-25-2002, 08:38 AM
Tearjerker /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Wendy~~passing the popcorn

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 09:15 AM
This would have been nice but Rocky happens. The good guy loses and touches everyone.

Rich R.
07-25-2002, 09:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Rich R.:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I'm sorry to say that your Hollywood ending would never happen with this cast of characters. Especially the star.
Rich R. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; But Rich, you oughta print this out and save it. Make a great ending to that new pool movie script you're writing. JMHO ***Lester*** <hr></blockquote>
You must be referring to the story I'm writing about my life playing pool. I guarantee you, it will be the next great American tragedy. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
Rich R.

07-25-2002, 09:49 AM
you must be really really bored

Tom_In_Cincy
07-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Not working at the golf course lately?

Good ending.. nice touch..