PDA

View Full Version : A "Low blow" to billiards!!!!!!

eat_sleep_pool
06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Hey,

So this might not really mean anything to anyone besides me. lol but i thought i would share this and i personally was discusted!!!!

I was at a book store named chapters, im sure alot of you know what that is, anyways i was looking at billiard books there, and i found that the section that they were in was dissapointing. At first i was looking in the sport section trying to find some books on the subject, and i couldnt find it, well i came to find the books in a sectioned named "fun/games". now im sorry thats horrible this is a huge sport, well not huge, but its played professionally etc, well what i decided to do was write the company, and try to see if i can get it changed, it may sound pointless but thats the worst that can happen? they say no.

so im gonna write them, and i would like any good points or whatever as to why it should be in the sports section from anyone that wants to post them, i myself am discusted. i hope others are too. thanks

Cydpkt
06-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, its easier to find books on sudoku and making paper airplanes than it is for pool or billiards related books. I could see pool coming on strong with a good movie put out there. That is what has kick started poker into the spotlight as of late. I live in a college town and you would think on the weekends the bars would be packed with people playing but it just isn't so. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It is a little disheartening to see.

eat_sleep_pool
06-26-2007, 02:22 PM
YES, thats where i found pool, next to like sudoko games, and petty stuff like that. pool is a game, but desurves to be in the sports section. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dr_dave
06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Barnes & Noble also stocks all pool books in the Games section next to the multitude of poker books. I guess they think both poker and pool attract a similar crowd ... and they are probably right, in general. I certainly like both, plus many "sports."

Dave
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> YES, thats where i found pool, next to like sudoko games, and petty stuff like that. pool is a game, but desurves to be in the sports section. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Stones
06-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Billiards and pool were sectioned into games a very long time ago with the dewey decimal system that libraries use.

Trying to change it would be a long uphill battle with no reward.

Just trying to find anything billiard related in a book store now has become a real task especially with the influx of hundreds of new poker books in the same section.

Stones

BigRigTom
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stones:</font><hr> Billiards and pool were sectioned into games a very long time ago with the dewey decimal system that libraries use.

Trying to change it would be a long uphill battle with no reward.

Just trying to find anything billiard related in a book store now has become a real task especially with the influx of hundreds of new poker books in the same section.

Stones <hr /></blockquote>

It's hard to remember looking for books by the Dewey Decimal System.
Seems like everyone has computerized inventory now...even libraries....speaking of which ....if you want a good pool book buy it online.
You can find just about anything and everything on line.
Our site has a special section for instructional books and videos.

PS: DR.DAVE'S being the 1st in line! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sig
06-26-2007, 04:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> ....speaking of which ....if you want a good pool book buy it online.
You can find just about anything and everything on line.
Our site has a special section for instructional books and videos.

PS: DR.DAVE'S being the 1st in line! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

True, I don't even know how book stores stay in business

JimS
06-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Pick your battles wisely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif