PDA

View Full Version : A thought

Drop1
06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Should people have health insurance,with information from their DNA helping to determine costs? The lower probability of early health problems,the lower cost on the insurance.

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 03:52 AM
That would seem like punishment against those poor misfortunate folks that come into the world with inherited health problems.

The healthcare problem is just one more picture of corporate greed, IMO. The same corporate greed, that is ruining our country, and changing the world, for the worse.
Powerful corporations, with no conscience.
Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
06-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Gayle I can't believe that Washington hasn't passed a Law against using Foreign Companies supplying us with War goods. It is so easy to sabotage their supplies. Eg Haliburton.####

Drop1
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Gayle,I thought about your point,before writing the post. Now that we can obtain DNA information,is it to be damned,as was the printing press? Insurance companies will one day require such a test,before issuing health insurance,they are such pathetic parasites. I think we need to address the ethics of DNA now.
Drop

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Ditto!

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Good point. Makes one wonder why they haven't already started doing it. But, if they did, I'll bet it wouldn't save any one else any money, they'd just charge more to those who need it most, without cutting costs for the others.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
They sure will try,but we can come back with an assigned risk program,making them accept high health risk people,without risk of being dropped from the insurance program. I'm waiting for Wal-Mart to get into the health insurance business.They might make a difference,with a match your insurance,for less. It really is sad, sixteen million people with diabetes in the United States,and most dependent on the government,because the insurance companies refusal to accept them.

Gayle in MD
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Very sad indeed.