PDA

View Full Version : Invasion Of The Party Snatchers: How The Holy

Gayle in MD
06-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Invasion Of The Party Snatchers: How The Holy Rollers And The Neocons Destroyed The GOP

Those centrist conservatives on the forum who have been labeled, unfairly, as radical liberals, will enjoy this book by Victor Gold.

As a former Republican, who left the Republican party after the years of Nixon's corruption of conservative values, just prior to the time when it became a tool of the holy rollers, and war happy neocons, and lost it's connection to Goldwater principles, (Separation Of Church And State, the Constitutionally protected right of privacy, personal choice, Preservation of American law, insurances against Nation Building, and the Constitutionally mandated duty of oversight) will love this book.

As did John Dean's book, Without Conscience - this book points out the incredible hypocracy of the present Neocon, Theocon, Republican Party, and how it's co-mingling with corporate power, and organized religion, has destroyed the true meaning of conservatism.

Those of you who have had to use your vote as a block against the Republican Party's overreaching, anti-constitutional, destruction of American Democracratic Principles, will find solace in the discovery that there are many others like you, who have had to resort to such voting methods. After years of being mislabeled as a radical liberal, by the radical neocon, theocon right, responsible for destroying and bastardizing the true meaning of centrist, conservativism, you will find it encouraging to read about other Goldwater Conservatives, who have resorted to the same non-partisan voting methods, in the interest of preserving American values, and as an act against the neocon, theocon, infiltration and destruction of the centrist conservative principles, which were at one time embraced by both Democrats, and Republicans, to some degree.

The book also outlines the divisionary results of the present fascist movement in our country, and how certain organizations, (AEI) and publications, (Weekley Standard) and media moguls, (Rupert Murdoch) have assisted their attempts at benevolent hegemony, the antithesis of traditionally conservative values.

Gayle in Md.

JPB
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Might have ot check that out. I am on the Goldwater/libertarian end of conservatism. I have been a lifelong republican, but find a lot of what goes on now very hard to stomach. It really bothers me that people on the right have forgotten how dangerous big government is. They support it when it is for their own ends now, but simply forget bigger government can be used by the other side later. In the end we will have less liberty and ever bigger government if it continues.

cushioncrawler
06-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Gayle -- Every German soldier in WW1 knew that God woz on hiz side. And, the HolyRollers will never admit how much they loved fascism back in the 30's. And, in Ozz, in the 50's, catholicRollers actually split from the ALP (the labour party) to form their own party (unnofficially) -- the DLP (democratic labour party) -- karnt remember why, it might have been due to some communist sympathyz in some unions -- the DLP fizzled out eventually. madMac.

Gayle in MD
07-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Very true friend. I think that the Republican Party will lose a tremendous number of supporters in the next election. I lean toward libertarian conservatism, but those ideals are no where to be found in the Republican party. Libertarianism, is not compatable with religious interference, and presence, in the workings of the Government. Conservatism, is not compatable with spending money like drunken sailers, Nation Building, running up huge deficits, and actions that infringe into personal private choices, and taking congressional action to do away with State Court Verdicts, in order to try to force a Federal, Religious based, verdict, as Bush did in the Terry Scheivo case.

Republican Faith Based dictatorship from the White House, which invades the bedroom, the Doctors office, the State's educational system, and private family issues, is a far cry from the word conservatism.

Gayle in Md.

JPB
07-01-2007, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Very true friend. I think that the Republican Party will lose a tremendous number of supporters in the next election. I lean toward libertarian conservatism, but those ideals are no where to be found in the Republican party. Libertarianism, is not compatable with religious interference, and presence, in the workings of the Government. Conservatism, is not compatable with spending money like drunken sailers, Nation Building, running up huge deficits, and actions that infringe into personal private choices, and taking congressional action to do away with State Court Verdicts, in order to try to force a Federal, Religious based, verdict, as Bush did in the Terry Scheivo case.

Republican Faith Based dictatorship from the White House, which invades the bedroom, the Doctors office, the State's educational system, and private family issues, is a far cry from the word conservatism.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Here's one other problem with the religious right. The Republican party has catered to them to a huge degree. Then in the last election, when some candidates tried to run on more traditional conservative ideas and not the religious/social ones, religious right people stayed away. My attitude is that if the religious right is that quick to dump the party, their support is nothing worth pandering for. Of course they are still a powerful constituency, but I actually think their influence will lessen. It may take some lost elections to do it though, unfortunately.

Gayle in MD
07-02-2007, 07:47 AM
I agree, but think that some lost elections, by Republicans, would be fortunate, given their criminal behavior, and their performance these last six years. Unfortunately, our young troops, had to pay the price for the lat Republican majoprity, who failed completely in performing their Congressional duties of oversight.

I think the religious right has shown itself as a radical element, working to turn our country into a theocracy, and that many centrist Americans, have now realized their true platform.

With Roberts, and Alito, on the Supreme Court, we will unfortunately once again have to endure the loss of all the progress for individual freedom, and social justice, which the centrist, and liberal Democrats have struggled to create, according to the Constition.

The unfortunate aftermath of George Bush's legacy, will go on for decades, and many arenas.

We're going to see huge celebrations on the day this man finally leaves office.

Gayle in Md.

JPB
07-02-2007, 08:32 AM
"We're going to see huge celebrations on the day this man finally leaves office."

I think many will be disappointed, in that after their initial hope for something better goes away they will see there are some fundamental problems that won't change regardless of who is the President. There are a bunch of problems right now that I don't think the government will address very well. So those who get their hopes up too high may be disappointed.

Gayle in MD
07-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree completely. There are important changes that need to be made in our system, overall. Above all, we need to restore the rule of law. It is un-nerving to have to watch lawmakers, fail to implement the laws, they swear to protect. Or to see them look the other way, for partisan purposes, when our basic privacy rights, and freedoms, are under attack.

I think most Americans, are completely disgusted by that, but unfortunately, many do not realize the great harm any civilization suffers, when the laws of the land, a

nd of international treaty, are broken and/or diluted. I am atleast thankful to see some oversight of this most illegal, immoral President, and his appointees. Even Richard Nixon, would have been a vast improvement, over this bunch! Atleast he did have some understanding of foreign affairs, and the willingness to seek the advice of other experts, and study the nature, and social character of other foreign countries, and utilize the tool of diplomacy, unlike our present, "Bring em on" cowboy mentality.

Many people, also, don't seem to realize that without having Democrats in powere right now, there is no telling where Bush's cowboy diplomacy could lead to in terms of Iran, which I believe is one reason why Republicans of note, are now trying to reign this loose cannon of a president, back into reality, and under diligent scrutiny. Unfortunately, they avoided this, and let our troops pay the full price, until they began to understand that Americans are fed up with them, and elections are just around the corner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gayle in Md.