PDA

View Full Version : why post here???? waste of time

07-25-2002, 09:58 AM
why do people bother comming to post here?? why not go to irc or something and have these conversations in real time??? I would much rather get one of your idiotic responces right away then have to wait 2 hours to read your crap.

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 10:10 AM
I like it this way. I'm stuck at the server room most of the time at work like now. I read the posts whenever I have time like now. I have the most boring job in the world second to watchmen of course.

07-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Maybe some of us are lacking the opportunity to talk to real people about pool in real time. The only chumps i know who think they play pool, play on a table that's 6x3 with cues made of ash. Earl Who? Straight What? It's frustrating, so i post here. Which is less frustrating, if only slightly.

nAz
07-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Start a chat room on IRC and post a meeting time ill show

07-25-2002, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Crowbar:</font><hr> Maybe some of us are lacking the opportunity to talk to real people about pool in real time. The only chumps i know who think they play pool, play on a table that's 6x3 with cues made of ash. Earl Who? Straight What? It's frustrating, so i post here. Which is less frustrating, if only slightly. <hr></blockquote>

I hear ya!

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 12:21 PM
A friend of mine keeps taking me to this bar on Tuesday nights b/c it's free pool night. Everybody plays 8-ball only and nobody knows the real rules of 8-ball. One stupid kid insists scooping the cueball with the ferrule is legal and does not believe in ball in hand rule. I brought a copy of the BCA rule book, printed from BCA's site. He was shocked at what his friend read so he crumpled it.
Aargh! I keep telling myself free pool is not worth the time in this dump but my friend likes it there.

jjinfla
07-25-2002, 12:57 PM
Free pool is worth every penny you pay for it. But alas and alac after playing pool for 2 to 4 hours every day for the past 4 years pool has suddenly not become so important anymore and I am devoting less hours to pool and more to the American Legion. And I have CW to thank for opening my eyes. Too much inane nonsense involved with pool. But then a couple new guys moved in here who play at my level and like to play straight pool so maybe now I can improve on my high run of 19. Jake

SPetty
07-25-2002, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> I am devoting less hours to pool and more to the American Legion. And I have CW to thank for opening my eyes. <hr></blockquote>Hi jjinfla,

Who's CW and what did s/he do to open your eyes?

bluewolf
07-25-2002, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> why do people bother comming to post here?? why not go to irc or something and have these conversations in real time??? I would much rather get one of your idiotic responces right away then have to wait 2 hours to read your crap. <hr></blockquote>

gosh, anger, resentment. ooh. such forces from the dark side oozing out.

lighten up buddy.everything is either for learning or it is funny. i post here because i am having fun. if it werent fun i would leave.but then life is my playground.

Bluewolf

cheesemouse
07-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Misplaced your prescription again didn't you.

07-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Bluewolf thanks for your input...... I have noticed that you are currently going for the guiness world record of newbie mean nothing posts... keep up the good work im sure you will get the record!!!!

07-25-2002, 02:56 PM
more importantly...who cares!

07-25-2002, 03:22 PM

07-25-2002, 05:00 PM
And there's me thinkin you were all negativity and cloudy days. Sunshine and lollipops, that's the key...

bluewolf
07-25-2002, 08:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Bluewolf thanks for your input...... I have noticed that you are currently going for the guiness world record of newbie mean nothing posts... keep up the good work im sure you will get the record!!!! <hr></blockquote>

someone told me i got flamed. geez,is this all they meant?
flames are funny.

Bluewolf

Troy
07-25-2002, 08:38 PM
I ACCIDENTLY opened your post and was immediately convinced I made the correct decision to not read anything from you.

07-25-2002, 10:01 PM
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=23694&amp; Search=true&amp;Forum=ccbboard&amp;Words=d0wnt0wn&amp;Match=Us ername&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=3months&amp;Main=2366 2

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=23356&amp; Search=true&amp;Forum=ccbboard&amp;Words=d0wnt0wn&amp;Match=Us ername&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=3months&amp;Main=2332 4

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=23277&amp; Search=true&amp;Forum=ccbboard&amp;Words=d0wnt0wn&amp;Match=Us ername&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=3months&amp;Main=2323 2
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=21991&amp; Search=true&amp;Forum=ccbboard&amp;Words=d0wnt0wn&amp;Match=Us ername&amp;Searchpage=3&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=3months&amp;Main=2087 4

theres a couple for you to read...... let me know if I can stimulate your simple mind anymore.

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 06:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr>
theres a couple for you to read...... let me know if I can stimulate your simple mind anymore. <hr></blockquote>

coming from someone who can only count to 31,i wonder who's mind is simple.

flame away downtown.i am laughing all the way to my closet to put on my fireproof suit,boots, helmet and gloves.

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> why do people bother comming to post here?? why not go to irc or something and have these conversations in real time??? I would much rather get one of your idiotic responces right away then have to wait 2 hours to read your crap. <hr></blockquote>

why people come to post here is none of your business. clean up your own side of the street.

really simple. if you dont like it, then leave and we will smack your $ss on the way out the door.

bluwolf

Ralph S.
07-26-2002, 08:40 AM
That little clip of yours with that guy walking across the screen must be you. If you dont like it make him walk a little further as in----off the screen. Oh yeah, don't let the door hit ya in the ass either.
Ralph S.

07-26-2002, 09:19 AM

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 09:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Well, my apologies are in order. I guess you throw so many bombs at people that when you post something good, it is like crying 'wolf, wolf'. <hr></blockquote>

you got me stumped whitewolf. normally i am pretty quick but i dont know what you are talking about.

have you been inside your head too much? remember, 'when you are inside your head, you are behind enemy lines' &lt;G&gt;

Bluewolf

07-26-2002, 09:51 AM
why do you say that guy must be me??? is it because it reminds you of that guy in your moms photo album that came through town one day, and now she tells you thats your father??? well then maybe it is me..... what was her name???? and what does the top of her head look like??

07-26-2002, 09:52 AM
my side of the street is fine thanks... but when i look across all i see is a bunch of hookers..... one of them you??

07-26-2002, 09:53 AM
oh yeah... how much you charge?

07-26-2002, 09:54 AM
I am the wolf stupid

07-26-2002, 09:56 AM
its ok blue wolf lets start from the begining... 1 + 1 is 2

2 + 2 is 4 the alphabet goes like this abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz...... we will try and take this a step harder tommorrow

07-26-2002, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> coming from someone who can only count to 31,i wonder who's mind is simple.

<hr></blockquote>

so thats why i missed my last three birthdays.

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> its ok blue wolf lets start from the begining... 1 + 1 is 2

2 + 2 is 4 the alphabet goes like this abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz...... we will try and take this
a step harder tommorrow <hr></blockquote>

I must say downtown, you are capable of sequential processing, but the real question is 'can you think outside the box'. what would you be if you were stripped of your sarcasm and false ego. where would you be if all your masks were stolen?

Bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> my side of the street is fine thanks... but when i look across all i see is a bunch of hookers..... one of them you?? <hr></blockquote>

I think you need laser surgery. And while you are getting your eyes fixed, why not go ahead and fix a few other parts as well.

Bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> I am the wolf stupid <hr></blockquote>

calling me stupid reveals more about you than it does about me.

Bluewolf

07-26-2002, 10:16 AM

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Bluewolf, I don't think Downtown is ready to face a female 'Hannible Lechter' yet. Take it easy on him, his mind may be too fragile LOL! <hr></blockquote>

Yeah whitewolf you are probably right.Poor pathethic thing.

I cannot even 'challenge him to a game of wits because i can see he is quite unarmed'

Bluewolf

heater451
07-26-2002, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>. . .but the real question is 'can you think outside the box'. what would you be if you were stripped of your sarcasm and false ego. where would you be if all your masks were stolen?

Bluewolf <hr></blockquote>Shouldn't that be thinking "outside the bar box"? (j/k)

now, back off pool topic: Can ego be false? Must it be bolstered with resolve, in order to be "true"? Or are you speaking of the clinical ego (as in id, ego, and superego)?

Sorry, just running off at the dendrites. . . .

========================

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Quote: bluewolf: coming from someone who can only count to 31,i wonder who's mind is simple.

so thats why i missed my last three birthdays. <hr></blockquote>

ROFL LMAO

Bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 10:31 AM
bluewolf:. . .but the real question is 'can you think outside the box'. what would you be if you were stripped of your sarcasm and false ego. where would you be if all your masks were stolen?

Shouldn't that be thinking "outside the [bar box"?

now, back off pool topic: Can ego be false? Must it be bolstered with resolve, in order to be "true"? Or are you speaking of the clinical ego (as in id, ego, and superego)?

Sorry, just running off at the dendrites. . . .

not talking about fraud, oh excuse me i mean freud and super ego and all that.

false ego refers to a person who appears to be egotistical rather than to a person who is sincere, grounded in reality and knows what their abilities are..ie confidence

bluewolf

Rod
07-26-2002, 11:16 AM
I'll enter here, Is this something that some people enjoy? A battle of wit. I don't find it entertaining. Now for the dumb question. Is this an IQ thing, where people have the need to express how smart they think they are? Is this an every day process in one's personal life? Now I'm not talking about sarcasm or ego necessarly, that is another area. I just threw this in here for anyone to reply. I don't get it.
I've read a few posts and frankly it's not interesting to me.

Now for the big question, Can anyone here play pool? Oops I know that is out of line, it turns out this is not a pool forum after all?

07-26-2002, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>

Bluewolf <hr></blockquote>

you thinking that that was directed at you tells me more about you than about me.

07-26-2002, 11:20 AM
where I come from we call a vagina a BOX... every time you say box this is what i will think about you.

07-26-2002, 11:21 AM
if you had read one and walked away I would have believed you that you were not interested.. the fact that you read a few in your own words then took the time to reply to them shows that you most definately were interested.

07-26-2002, 11:25 AM
blue-dog I have yet to hear you say anything whatsoever that would compete with my witts... I sure do welcome any effort on your part to try.. but when I send you packing with you...ummmm....tail wagging between your legs (excuse the pun) dont come crying to me.

9 Ball Girl
07-26-2002, 11:46 AM
What would a forum be without the d0wnt0wns out there? Don't tell him to leave, it's you who doesn't have to respond to his posts. He's going to always post his opinions (which I believe that is what forums are for) and if you don't agree with his posts, then read on. My goodness!

Wendy~~post on d0wnt0wn, post on /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

Rod
07-26-2002, 11:56 AM
Note 1 post, now two, you didn't answer my question. That is my only interest.

Q-guy
07-26-2002, 12:00 PM
Nobody make you post or even read the board. You are now exhibiting the kind of mentality often associated with a stalker. It is the kind of reaction you see with someone who is angry for not being invited to a party, they would not have attended anyway. You are a little sick. I don't expect any answer since you no longer read this board.

Q-guy
07-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I only just sat down at the computer and did not read your other posts. You are defiantly a stalker.

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Q-guy:</font><hr> I only just sat down at the computer and did not read your other posts. You are defiantly a stalker. <hr></blockquote>

Did I miss something? Granted I dont know downtown all that well but would someone please define for me what makes him a stalker?

Granted he and I have made a few below the belt potshots at each other. I thought we were having fun,even though I can see that other's may be sick of reading this stuff.

Just out of curiosity, what else has downtown done that he is called a stalker?

And while I am talking, I must admit I am an addict. I have not touched alcohol or drugs for 11 years but I really have to watch my computer addiction.

And yesterday morning when I got onto this message board, i fell into my old ways. I dont remember how many hours I spent on here yesterday, but I got on this morning at 7 and got off at one and now am back on again.

It is probably a good thing my husband and I are going away for the weekend so that you guys will be spared this endless stream of posts.

Gosh I dont want to wear out my welcome so soon if I havent already &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 12:27 PM
bluewolf:

downtown:

you thinking that that was directed at you tells me more about you than about me. <hr></blockquote>

Touche!

I think I have wasted enough of the ccbers time today on this thread today so I must respectfully decline to pick up the gauntlet on this one &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> where I come from we call a vagina a BOX... every time you say box this is what i will think about you. <hr></blockquote>

i have never heard that. Where do you come from? I mean which state.

bluewolf

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> I'll enter here, Is this something that some people enjoy? A battle of wit. I don't find it entertaining. Now for the dumb question. Is this an IQ thing, where people have the need to express how smart they think they are? Is this an every day process in one's personal life? Now I'm not talking about sarcasm or ego necessarly, that is another area. I just threw this in here for anyone to reply. I don't get it.
I've read a few posts and frankly it's not interesting to me.

Now for the big question, Can anyone here play pool? Oops I know that is out of line, it turns out this is not a pool forum after all? <hr></blockquote>

Granted I got carried away. You do have a valid point. I must say, though, that yesterday a lot of pool was discussed.

bluewolf

Wally_in_Cincy
07-26-2002, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> I have not touched alcohol or drugs for 11 years <hr></blockquote>

So you're sticking strictly to caffiene now?

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 01:01 PM
bluewolf: I have not touched alcohol or drugs for 11 years

So you're sticking strictly to caffiene now? <hr></blockquote>

being strickly honest, i cant drink much caffeine due to this thing i have of extremely low blood sugar and very much cafeine gives me a bs crash.

i do have this yucchy addiction callled the 'cancer sticks'

it is a really bad addiction and i need to kick the habit but it isnt all that easy.

bluewolf

07-26-2002, 01:09 PM
what was your address again?

07-26-2002, 01:11 PM
i see my fan base is rising lol

07-26-2002, 01:12 PM
I live in the Province of British Columbia

07-26-2002, 01:14 PM
please repeat the question I am too lazy to re-read

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> I live in the Province of British Columbia <hr></blockquote>

ah. that makes sense. some folks from different countries have different types of humor and certain words mean different things.

i was on a list with a fellow from australia once. he was a very intelligent dude but his humor was different. almost everything he said was satire and many who were unfamiliar with his type of wit were offended.

bluewolf

9 Ball Girl
07-27-2002, 01:04 PM
LOL. You're alright. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

jjinfla
07-27-2002, 08:18 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: SPetty:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: jjinfla:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I am devoting less hours to pool and more to the American Legion. And I have CW to thank for opening my eyes. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Hi jjinfla,
Who's CW and what did s/he do to open your eyes?
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
You are going to deflate old CW's ego by not knowing who he is. Hint: He beat the guy at Vegas who's name nobody could pronounce. And they wonder why they can't make money at the game. Jake