PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi never wanted W to succeed as President!

eg8r
07-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, she did not exactly say those specific words in that order however her actions do have a little say along with the words she really did say.

Now, I don't really know anything about SFGate.com, whether they are liberal or not, so I will leave that up to you all to decide on whether the author's merits have anything to do with his column.

Here is the link to the whole article (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/06/30/MNGSCQOVNF1.DTL) ...

[ QUOTE ]
Pelosi acknowledged the rock-bottom poll numbers but argued that Congress has "never been popular." Just six months into her speakership, she was postponing many of her hopes to 2009, saying a new president could change things -- presumably assuming it wouldn't be a Republican.

"Congress is a big institution to turn around," she said. "A new president comes in, and he or she is given every opportunity, because we -- everybody wants the new president to succeed. A Congress comes in, and it's Congress. It's an institution that has not been popular."

<hr /></blockquote>

Like I said, not word for word, but she surely did not have glowing words for the current administration.

Now a little earlier in the column... [ QUOTE ]
"I'm not happy with Congress, either," Pelosi, of San Francisco, conceded.

She pinned the blame on "the obstructionism of the Republicans in the United States Senate."
<hr /></blockquote> Since we don't have her exact words here we are at the mercy of the author but...I wonder if Pelosi is referring to the amnesty bill here? I say "Good Job" for all those who voted against, I sure wish there were more Dems with a spine who would have really thrown this bill out of the water.

[ QUOTE ]
Democrats, who once infuriated Republicans by using the extraordinary power of the Senate minority to block action, are feeling the brunt of an institutional constraint that is little understood by the public. <hr /></blockquote> This is what I find quite hilarious. Pelosi's actions are just like a kindergarten kid who tells another he has to share, but then does not want to share when another kid wants to play with her toy. In point, the quote above is a perfect example. The dems loved the ability to filibuster when they were in minority. They went to all extremes to try and obstruct the majority in Congress with the filibuster. Now that it is happening back at them they get pissy. Is it good for the country, absolutely. It is time the public sees the left for the whiners they are. Now, should the left actually come up with a decent idea I would hope the right would not get in the way.

[ QUOTE ]
House Republican leaders crowed Friday about "a string of broken promises" by Democrats. The same Republicans who had let spending earmarks for members' pet projects spin completely out of control during their reign are now making their stand on earmark reform -- their stated reason for blocking the lobbying bill. <hr /></blockquote> Well didn't Pelosi promise to change the House and "do the right thing?" Well, it would be dishonest for me to make it sound like the Right is trying to now do the right thing and dump all the earmarks, but if the left is going to lie about their intentions, shouldn't the Right force them to oblige?

eg8r

pooltchr
07-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Ed,
It's not just Pelosi. The entire party has gone to great lengths to undermine the administration. I believe they never wanted to see us succeed in Iraq, simply because it would be devistating to the party.
When they were a minority, they cried that the Reps had all the power. Now they are in the majority, and they cry that they don't have enough power. Like some posters on this board, they would like to see the Reps cut out completely. While I don't agree that our political system is working very well right now, the worst thing possible would be to have either party gain a huge majority.
The mentality of both parties is to sling mud at the other side, hoping nobody will notice their own shortcomings and inconsistancies. It stinks all the way around. The Dems are no better than the Reps they keep crying are corrupt and dishonest. It's the pot calling the kettle black...in both directions.
Steve

Gayle in MD
07-02-2007, 08:22 AM
LMAO...Carolyn Lockhead! Too funny!

She misquotes Ms. Pelosi, who actually said, Congress is always unpopular, when there is an unpopular president, but that her approval ratings, were 20 points higher than Bush.

Your quest to condemn Pelosi, and Kennedy, with twisted right wing interpretations, while neglecting the exodus from your party by Conservative Goldwater Republicans, is par for the course, with you, and your on-going mistatements, and delusions.

[ QUOTE ]
Yet Lockhead and her editors let Bush lie right there in their precious space—after 200 years of journalism history, 75 years of Hearst publishing, undergrad and masters degrees, extremely demanding work for terrible pay, getting promoted, an excellent reporter with the cream of an editing team, hell, 100 years of editing experience looking at the Bush lie in a free speech place millions have died defending, what do they do?

They let that flaming turd of a lie concerning vital issues and our precious freedom sit there. After all they’ve done and represent, a disastrous lie that could do incredible damage to us all is plain ignored. That’s their “professionalism.” It is, really.

There are a lot of reasons the United States is horribly in debt, hated virulently by half the globe, has a monstrous trade deficit, terrible vast rifts of poverty and inequality, no judicial branch, no legislative branch, continuing flagrant abuse of the environment, and a felonious war machine run amok in the Bill of Rights killing hundreds of human souls by the day, but surely one of the greatest factors is the ability of Bush to lie whenever he wants with no accountability.

US journalism lets him lie whenever he wants, in other words. Bush hates the press and especially Helen Thomas, the Chronicle said it right there, yet they always let Bush lie.

It doesn’t have to be this way—whatever vastly convoluted path of rationalization the editors and reporters took to swallow this incredible “professionalism” can simply be stopped. Stop letting Bush lie.

We’ve lost the country—oh yes, we have—because of this lying. We might get it back if Lockhead and her editors defend the truth. Maybe.

<hr /></blockquote>

A little reality injected, against this ridiculous post of yours.

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/007164.php

And this....

[ QUOTE ]
Latest Arrogant Bush-Media Spin: Kerry and Bush the 'same' on Iraq Plan
08-Oct-04

"Writers" (or should we call them Bush multilevel marketers?) like Carolyn Lockhead demonstrate clearly the contempt the Bushie media has for the public. Lockhead, like her "colleagues," assume the public can be convinced square is round and dark is light - and that Kerry and Bush are really just "six of one, half dozen of the other." So Lockhead claims that Kerry's plan for Iraq is exactly the same as Bush's. Having watched the debates, and actually LISTENED to what Kerry has had to say, in speeches and press releases, we are amazed that Lockhead even try to foist such bilge off on readers. But, as we said, she makes the contemptuous assumption that Americans "won't know the difference." We believe America deserves better - a better president AND a better media.

<hr /></blockquote>

I saw Ms. Pelosi interviewed on Bill Moyers Journal, and she made the statement exactly the same way, "When there is an unpopular President, Congress is also unpopular."

A fact which is easily researchable, and proves to be correct. Regardless, in recent polls, Americans by a huge majority, 67 to 69%, say that they want the Democrats over Republicans, in the next election. One can only imagine what we will have to endure from our resident vituperator.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-02-2007, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your quest to condemn Pelosi <hr /></blockquote> This is no quest. If I was on a quest I would be seeking out countless examples of her shortcomings. Instead I just read the regular pages and if something comes up I post it.

[ QUOTE ]
She misquotes Ms. Pelosi, who actually said, Congress is always unpopular, when there is an unpopular president, but that her approval ratings, were 20 points higher than Bush. <hr /></blockquote> I promise you, I am not interested in your paraphrasing of Lockhead or Pelosi. If you think one was misquoted, then show both examples and make sure they are from the same speech.

I already took care of the rest of your post because I knew you would be dumb enough to fall into the hole about shooting the messenger. I mentioned I did not know or care about the author, I was only interested in what was written. The rest of your post is irrelevant because I dismissed it before you miserably posted it.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw Ms. Pelosi interviewed on Bill Moyers Journal, and she made the statement exactly the same way, "When there is an unpopular President, Congress is also unpopular."
<hr /></blockquote> Again, I am not interested in your paraphrase. You are too biased to be honest. Also, if your quote is coming from an interview with Bill Moyers and Lockhead's is not then you are irrelevant again.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said, not word for word, but she surely did not have glowing words for the current administration.

<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO....are there any glowing words for this administration? Talk about far reaching assumptions, saying that because she isn't spouting glowing approval, that automatically proves that she wanted W to fail.

Not unlike your accusation that if Kennedy didn't predict the actions of countless law makers, and the results of Reagans Amnesty Bill, then he was lying.

There is a good little book, called "How to Develop Your Thinking Ability" It could help you out of the darkness, into the light.

[ QUOTE ]
I promise you, I am not interested in your paraphrasing of Lockhead or Pelosi. If you think one was misquoted, then show both examples and make sure they are from the same speech.
<hr /></blockquote>

If it was a speech, then it was the one she made to the press last week, which I watched, live. Did you see it? I didn't think so.

For some reason I have not yet found her interview with Moyers on his sight. That usually means that they are going to repeat the show. I'm sure it will turn up eventually, however, you took great liberties with the authors comments, expanding her partial quyote of Pelosi's, into a broad sweeping statement that she wanted W to fail. Typical Eggravater. All assumption, no facts.

You're a joke! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed,
It's not just Pelosi. The entire party has gone to great lengths to undermine the administration. <font color="red">LOL, but when the Repubs do that to a Democratic Administration, it just politics as usual, right Steve? </font color> I believe they never wanted to see us succeed in Iraq, simply because it would be devistating to the party. <font color="red">That's a pretty mean statement to make about American Congressmen and Senators, and particularly since the Democrats are the only ones who put forth standards to protect our troops, and our Vets, with added appropriations, which Bush did not give them.</font color>
When they were a minority, they cried that the Reps had all the power. <font color="red">And they did, and with an overwhelming majority, they failed to perform any oversight of Bush, which Jim Bakers refers to as a huge reason why we are losing in Iraq. </font color> Now they are in the majority, and they cry that they don't have enough power. <font color="red">
They don't have enough power to overturn a Presidential VETO. Too bad you don't seem to understand how the Government works. </font color> Like some posters on this board, they would like to see the Reps cut out completely. <font color="red"> A phased re-deployment is what the Democrats have called for all along. You still want our people to stay and fight in an Iraqi civil war, where they're sitting ducks. Even the Republicans are finally beginning to see that the Dems were right, back when Murtha began calling for re-deployment to the peripheral. It would be nice if you righties would stop the lies about what the Dems were saying, None of them called for jumping ship, or cut and run. Just another example of how you guys only believe the right wing sound bytes. </font color> While I don't agree that our political system is working very well right now, the worst thing possible would be to have either party gain a huge majority. <font color="red">Old Line Goldwater conservatives would disagree with you on that. </font color>
The mentality of both parties is to sling mud at the other side, hoping nobody will notice their own shortcomings and inconsistancies. It stinks all the way around. The Dems are no better than the Reps they keep crying are corrupt and dishonest. It's the pot calling the kettle black...in both directions. <font color="red">the fact is that during these last six years, the number of convicted Republicans, are proof that this statement is somewhat self serving, and also, winning in Iraq, would not have had any "Devastating" effect on the Democrats, as this was Bush's War, and they gave him every chance, until it became obvious that our troops were being slaughtered for no good reason, as several Republicans have stated in the past week. </font color>
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Regardless, nothing can ever mask the incredible incompetence, lies, and corruption of this administration. As I predicted, Bush will go down as the worst President in history.</font color>

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Talk about far reaching assumptions, saying that because she isn't spouting glowing approval, that automatically proves that she wanted W to fail. <hr /></blockquote> That is not what I said and your intent to twist my words and their meanings is dishonest.

[ QUOTE ]
If it was a speech, then it was the one she made to the press last week, which I watched, live. Did you see it? I didn't think so. <hr /></blockquote> I don't want to hear ifs. You are the one that said Lockhead misquoted and now you are telling me you don't really know which speech or conversation Lockhead was quoting. I am not stretching to believe you have not heard every spoken word so unless you know what you are talking about I will continue to believe you are being dishonest.

Now, as far as whether I saw the live speech or not, your "thought so" comment only tells me that while I was busy with my life, you were not. I am sorry but I don't sit around watching TV all day.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure it will turn up eventually, however, you took great liberties with the authors comments, expanding her partial quyote of Pelosi's, into a broad sweeping statement that she wanted W to fail. Typical Eggravater. All assumption, no facts.
<hr /></blockquote> Once again, jGayle is dead on her face wrong. I did not take any liberties with anyone's comments, actually if you would just read what I posted, I said those were not her words at all. They were the ones that I chose to say. Unlike your soundbyte-regurgitating-self, I can think for myself and come to my own conclusions. Heck I was not even assuming anything. It is common knowledge Pelosi wants W to fail. There is no other reason for her to jet-setting around the world having tea with terrorists sending mixed messages, and some down-outright lies.

You see, I knew you would not like some of my own thoughts in that post (you don't like to think for yourself you allow others to do it for you) so I decided to cut you off at the pass before you made some miserable attempt to twist my words. I was quite blatant in stating those were not the words of the author but your head was too far in the sand to read every word.

How about them hero dems I mentioned? I hope the bruise to your dishonest ego heals quickly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
The title of your post Pelosi Never Wanted W. To Succeed, represents some very impressive mind reading, a desperation to promote a self-serving, lie, with no documented reality.

the author is writing about the Democratic Press conference, which I watched live, and Pelosi's statements about the Congress, will make plenty sense to
Americans, more savy than you. If 69% of the people are saying that they prefer the Democrats to handle our issues, particularly in regard to Iraq, It hardly figures, that they're disgusted with Democrats. Yes, Congress only has a 20% approval rating. Pelosi, is 20 points above Bush, in approval ratings. Congress, has been crippled by Republicans, who refuse to compromise on anything, particularly on Lobby reform, and Ethics. No surprise there. They would prefer to block everything, and attempt to blame Democrats for a do nothing Congress, while they are the heart of the matter.

With four prominent Republicans, finally exposing Bush's "Surge" for the impractical, unafordable, and illogical policy, and calling for a change of course, before September, I'd hardly think your attention would be on rearranging what you think goes on in Nancy Pelosi's mind, regardless of how much effort you put into stating such a ridiculous fantasy, in a way which you THOUGHT, you could get away with and be unaccountable.

The Republican Party is coming apart, thank goodness! The youth in our country, are leaning toward the liberal ideology. And, the voters are 69% in favor of putting Democrats in control of everything, with a greater majority.

Go bury your sorrow in a box of twinkies, but don't get on here and try to tell us that you know what Nancy Pelosi's thought are, because you decide to twist an entire article to suit your slander.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-02-2007, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The title of your post Pelosi Never Wanted W. To Succeed, represents some very impressive mind reading, a desperation to promote a self-serving, lie, with no documented reality. <hr /></blockquote> There is no way I or anyone else with a brain would even think about having a discussion with you about reality. You live in a fantasy land where only your way of thought exists. It is common knowledge Pelosi has tried everything to make sure W fails. Her trips where the final straw.

TTYL jGayle.

eg8r

Qtec
07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
#1, The people have voted and they have given their mandate to the Dems. Get over it.
#2.OTOH you are critisizing Pelosi for not doing anything and giving congrats to the Reps who thru their manner are stopping P from achieving her goals.
Hypocritical?
You betcha!

When Clinton became Pres, the RNC set up a group to dig up the dirt on Clinton in order to bring him down by ANY means neccessary! Sounds very patriotic to me, Duh not![ its well documented]

70 million dollars of taxpayer's money was spent on a wild goose chase to bring down the Pres because of a BJ and still they failed!
now YOU have the audasity to complain about Pelosi when GW has taken the US down the tubes!!??

Q unbelievable! GW never had a mandate- most people voted AGAINST him. Gore won the popular vote and if it was'nt for the downright cheating from all thiose supposed Christians, GW would never have been Pres.! .......and thats the truth.

eg8r
07-02-2007, 08:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote from the nutjob across the pond:</font><hr> blah blah blah... <hr /></blockquote> Thanks Q.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Bravo! Well stated, Q., You should have written the intro on John Dean's book, Without Conscience. It's the best description of the nutty right, who brought down the Clinton's, and defend the crooks in the White House, in spite of all the lives they've killed and ruined, for nothing.

Gayle in Md....Never thought I'd see so many of my countrymen, turn against American Principles, on behalf of their Party. A sad state of affairs. Without Conscience is a very appropriate title for the American smut defending this administration.

Gayle in MD
07-03-2007, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You see, I knew you would not like some of my own thoughts in that post (you don't like to think for yourself you allow others to do it for you) so I decided to cut you off at the pass before you made some miserable attempt to twist my words. I was quite blatant in stating those were not the words of the author but your head was too far in the sand to read every word.
<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif so you now admit your posts are solely according to your addiction to Gayle in Md., composed strictly because you find me so irresistable. That's a lot of power I have over someone who thinks my brain is only operating on fantasy.

Pelosi went to do what Bush has refused to do, use diplomacy in place of bombs, just as the Baker recommendations suggest. I won't bother telling you how many Republicans were doing the very same thing, at the same time, on both her trip, and their own trip. Her efforts were applauded by independant Foreign Policy esperts. but you wouldn't know about that, Rush diesn't talk about it.

Gayle in Md.
Hope the Eggravator gets some help for his addictions to Twinkies, and Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
07-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Steve, didn't you ask recently how come Republicans can raise more money than Democrats, as an argument for your party?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/us/politics/04repubs.html?_r=1&amp;hp&amp;oref=slogin

Apparently, most Americans don't see it that way. I believe you stated that the Republicans were raising more money than the Democrats? Reports state otherwise, my friend, and also the young voters, lean toward the Democrats.

The voters wanted oversight in the last election, and with Bush covering his, Rove's and Cheney's own asses by unprecedented commutation of Libby's sentence, thereby maintaining his usual above the law, stance, for outing a covert CIA Agent, to cover up his own pre-war lies, I don't see Republicans having much of a chance, after having supported his decision.

This Republican Administration committed treason, and it has been defended by their party, I believe every single one of their presidential contenders, wanted Libby pardoned.
Rove, Bush and Cheney, were all involved, and maintaining an on-going appeal by Libby, allows them to fend off questions, using their usual, can't comment on on-going investiagions.

Their actions are now impeachable, beyond a shadow of a doubt. The testimony proves they were all involved in outing a covert CIA NOC Secret Agent, in order to cover up their lies told to send us to war. Libby, lying under oath, to protect them. The issues are much more serious than anything Democrats have ever done, IMO. And, the on-going tactic of Republicans, reaching back in time, to justify illegal behavior, has apparently gotten very old, and has become a thin cover, in the minds of most Americans, who thought that Libby should serve his term. Bush has put one of the final nails in the unamerican neocon, improperly named, Conservative, party. There is nothing conservative about pushing our country into war, failing to perform oversight, imposing the Federal Government into our bedrooms, spying on Americans, interfering in a personal family decision to pull the plug on a brain dead woman, and overturning a State judicial finding, with emergency Federal interference, creating federal judicial interference in a woman's personal life, and installing a Religious office in the White House. There is nothing conservative about the present Republican Party, nothing. It is a misnomer, to state, that Republicans, are conservative, period.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks gayle for the comment.
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle in Md....Never thought I'd see so many of my countrymen, turn against American Principles, on behalf of their Party. A sad state of affairs.<hr /></blockquote>

Yes it is. Bill's minor indiscretion is much more important than the Right to privacy, habeus corpus, manipulation of the press and the DOJ, the Admin resisting any kind of oversight or transparency, manipulation and downright cheating in elections, outing CIA agents, giving billions to their friends and sending the lower class to die in a false war, etc, etc , etc........................

Sad. All they know are RNC talking points and a denial of the truth.

The whole country should shout to GW with one voice,

"WHERE IS OSAMA?"

Just like I predicted years ago, GW will never catch OBL , simpley because he doesn't want to.
How can you support a man like GW who has consistently lied and mislead the people. You only have to ask yourself one question, "Is the world safer?" The recent attack in Glasgow Scotland [ I was standing at that exact same spot 5 weeks ago!]and the attempted bombings in London give the answer.

GW deserves nothing but contempt. Ask the Katrina victims.
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
07-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Double Bravo! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Those who could support this President, or the present Republican Party, are either in on the fascist take, or still grinding an axe over Clinton's win against Bush Sr.

Bush's family has been in bed with the bin Laden's, for decades. Neocons are so damn dumb, they're calling for a long term occupation, AND extended tax cuts, simultaneously, even though we don't have either the soldiers, or the money, and then they want to call themselves, conservative! This guy Kegan, from the AEI, the one that looks like a fat penquin, ought to be gagged and bound, and rolled in horse manuer. I'd like to see them capture him! He'd look real comfy, with a pair of women's panties on his head! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
07-09-2007, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO.... so you now admit your posts are solely according to your addiction to Gayle in Md., <hr /></blockquote> No I did not. No jGayle, you are not my addiction, you are the little puppy that continues to bark at my ankles. I knew you would be foolish to make certain statements so I cut you off at the pass.

eg8r