PDA

View Full Version : Scooter Skates!

eg8r
07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
President Bush's decision on Scooter is complete BS. He should let the lying fool sit his time in jail.

article (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/02/libby.sentence/index.html)
[ QUOTE ]
President Bush commuted Monday the prison term of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, facing 30 months in prison after a federal court convicted him of perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to investigators.

A commutation is distinct from a pardon, which is a complete eradication of a conviction record -- making it the same as if the person has never been convicted.
<hr /></blockquote> I have never heard of this before so it is new to me, but what a crock of bull. Libby does not care about his record! It is not like he is going to have a tough time getting a job down the road because of this.

Oh yeah, just for jGayle, I got this from CNN.

eg8r

moblsv
07-02-2007, 08:59 PM
A $250,000 fine for saying the name of an admin assistant? Ridiculous. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
07-02-2007, 08:59 PM
All GW did is prevent him from spending jail time waiting for the appeal process, something the federal courts weren't going to allow. The quarter of a million dollar fine and 2 years probation still stand.
Hell, Ed. We've seen them lie under oath and walk away with nothing on their records. We've seen them walk out of their office with confidential documents in their pants. We've seen them lie about what documents even existed, only to find them in their personal living quarters, and go on to get elected to the senate!
I've seen plenty of people get arrested for DWI and get it reduced to disorderly conduct. It's common practice in our court system to get charges reduced, and plea bargins to get sentences reduced. He didn't skate. He will probably be disbarred, and rightfully so.
Even Paris Hilton didn't have to do the whole sentence.
Steve

nAz
07-02-2007, 09:30 PM
ya i heard about this earlier I was really surprised to hear Bush did this, I am dumbfounded./ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I hear Guilianni approves /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.
You know it must make Putin laugh when ever Bush or some other US politician say that democracy is taking a step back in Russia.

eg8r
07-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Well as far as I am concerned this was a chance to "do the right thing" and he failed. By saving Libby jail time he essentially let him off the hook. This will no way affect Libby's career down the road like it would you or I. Libby is set and these guys will show they appreciate his loyalty. It sucks.

eg8r

eg8r
07-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I heard she was a secretary. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Political correctness is for wimps.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-03-2007, 07:35 AM
LOL...Well, interesting, that they waited until they knew that it was time for Libby to either negotiate with the Feds, and give it up, exposing the President, and Vice President for the crimes they committed when they instructed Libby to out a covert agent, or commute the sentence.

Bush's actions amount to a slap in the face, to the Judge HE appointed, and to the jury of Scooter Libby's peers, and our system of justice.

I have no doubt that Libby's attorney made it clear, that if Libby had to choose between serving the time, until Bush would give him a full and complete pardon, before the end of his term, Libby would sing like a canary. Remember his wife was overheard telling Libby on the day he was convicted, "We're gonna F. um."

The Feds had him right where they wanted him, and the crooks in the White House, who preferred their friendship with the Mexican fascist despot, to pardoning our border gaurds, for doing their job, were all too ready, to gag Libby and escape what may very well have led to their impeachments.

Now, every Republican Candidate, will be squirming over having to take a stand in debates, which will amount to a question, that in reality, asks, did Bush and Cheney commit treason, or were every one of the nine White House Aides, who truly were the ones who cemented Libby's lies, lying on the stand.

Apparently the Special Prosecutor has plans, having stated he will continue the appeals process. IMO, he's now going to show whether he was in the White House's back pockets all along, and hence, did not put Cheney, or Bush, on the stand, in sworn testimony, or whether he is in fact a consciensious representative of our laws, and Constitution.

None of the Federal requirements for Bush's actions were met, just as none were met in their hasty and unprecedented de-classification, clearing their way to out Valarie, and those Republican candidates, who are supporting this horrendous, outrageous decision, can forget the presidency. C-Span's Washington Journal call in's this morning presented just as many outraged Republicans, as Democrats, over Bush's "Save my own ass" decision.

The Wilson's will have quite a case in the civil court, and as we saw with OJ, juries come out with a vengence, when they glean that the rich and famous, were given special treatment, merely because of their fame, or connections.

Scooter Libby is a beady eyed little piece of manure, as smug as they come, a true thug, with credentials, and only the remaining three criminals in the White House, and the Republican pundits, and candidates, and Representatives, who have been re-arranging the facts, lying about the issues, and showing their true colors all along, regarding the rule of law, while defending this bunch of crooks, can compare to his treasonist actions.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
None of your mentioned infractions rise to the level of treason, IMO, Steve. When a President, Vice President, and their top aides, conspire to out a covert, NOC, CIA Secret Agent and WMD expert, and put all those with whom she worked, at fatal risk, some still overseas, at risk of discovery, not only have they wasted untold billions of the taxpayers money, but they have committed TREASON, and done so, in order to cover up previous treasonist acts.

Minimizing their anti-american actions, is the utmost in partisanship, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
07-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Fair and Balanced.

watch video (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/07/04/fox-chicks-on-oreilly-just-love-scooter/)

Q

Gayle in MD
07-06-2007, 06:43 AM
LOL, typical FAUX News, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif and OMG, Murdoch buying Wall Street Journal, after admitting he pushed the administration's policies that led us into this war.

Listening to the right talk about the wast of time and money, over outing a covert agent, after lying us into a war, yet a lie in a civil suit, that has nothing to do with our National Security, was worth impeaching a President.

Republicans, and the right wing press, are destroying this country.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-09-2007, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
None of your mentioned infractions rise to the level of treason, IMO, Steve. When a President, Vice President, and their top aides, conspire to out a covert, NOC, CIA Secret Agent and WMD expert, and put all those with whom she worked, at fatal risk, some still overseas, at risk of discovery, not only have they wasted untold billions of the taxpayers money, but they have committed TREASON, and done so, in order to cover up previous treasonist acts.
<hr /></blockquote> Once again, who was convicted of outing the secretary?

[ QUOTE ]
Minimizing their anti-american actions, is the utmost in partisanship, IMO. <hr /></blockquote> Is this your way of calling Steve anti-american? This is what you mean, but you don't want to word it that way because you got a little testy when the media was throwing those words around about people with ideas you sided with.

eg8r