PDA

View Full Version : So how many cues do you have?

canadan
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
I've been play'n for about 8 years, 3 years realy lerning the game. first 5 was just pocketing balls and a fun place to drink. In the last 3years I picked up 5 cues. Nothing to fancey but playable.(2 cue tecs, aska, J&J, Predator) just want to know how long you been playing for and how many cues you picked up along the way. 0_0

bataisbest
07-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I have 2 cues. Both CUETECS one for breaking and one for playing. HARD TIP on break cue , Medium on playing cue. I have upgraded my case to an INSTROKE 4X3 as well as I have become more serious about playing.

MrLucky
07-04-2007, 03:30 PM
15 some won! some pay offs from bets some like my Samsara's are collectors I have 3 that I play with regularly A Jacoby and two McDermotts /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="green">I have played for 49 years now! </font color>

cushioncrawler
07-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I must have about a duzzen. Some of them have been butchered, to try out some idea for masse' etc.

One (a thin one-piece) iz solid fibreglass. I stuck a small tip on the thin end, and a big tip on the thick end, and now have a choice for masse's (dont know if that iz legal). It used to have a small rubber grip, which fell off years ago. Our patrons uzed this cue when playing pub-billiards at our pub in ballarat in the 60's -- it woz one of thoze table where wooden mushrooms guarded the scoring "holes".

One cue iz hollow steel (a one-piece)(Peradon?? i think??) -- stiff az hell -- good for praktis or for checking some silly theory, but not much good for play.

One old wooden cue haz lots of lead melted into lots of holes in the shaft, for some sort of silly masse' theory of mine. I sometimes pop a rubber-tip over the leather tip, so that i can play eezy soft masse's, or for coaching someone to play masse's without hurting my table.

One 2-piece wooden cue has a rectangular leather tip'n'ferrule. This makes it eezyr to play accurate screw-shots. I allso remooved about 1/3rd of the dia of the shaft, for about half the length of the shaft (ie it now haz a flat bottom), to help the cue to bend to help the screw-action. My mates karnt beleev how accurate and forgiving this cue iz (for line), the qball and the object ball seem to travel on rails (karnt miss). This woz my son's cue, he got it az a prezent from hiz father'in'law, he haznt seen my cue-smith job yet (he wont be impressed).

My old original one-piece cue that i last uzed in 1967 turned up some years ago. The leather tip iz now unbeleevably hard and unuzable (and i like hard tips). It haz a maple shaft, it haz a very bad bend right near the tip (bad storage), and i havnt bothered to straighten it. The butt iz a bit too thin for me anyhow.

I have lots of other cues, and lots of other storys. Nuff for now. madMac.

hondo
07-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I only have 34 cues.

canadan
07-04-2007, 11:35 PM
wow 35 nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not all in one bag I hope...... lol... I'd have about 20 of them just hanging on the wall by some trophys..

Rich R.
07-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I have about 6 good custom cues, 2 jump/break cues and 5 or 6 less expensive cues that I used for house cues, for my home table.
My wife also has a couple of cues and I have another custom cue on order. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I have been playing pool since my late teens, but I good a 25+ year hiatus.

Jager85
07-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I am a poor man so I don't have alot of cues. I used to have a break cue a jump cue and a shooting cue with 2 shafts for this. They were all stolen and I went to a jump/break and a shooting cue; both Cuetec. When I got serious about playing I picked up a cuetec and have stuck with it. I almost switched to McDermoth when I rebought my cues.

Curtis

MikeM
07-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Been playing since 2000 but just got back into competition this spring.

I've got too many cues -

3 Schons
2 Espiritus
1 Klein
1 Scruggs
1 Custom Viking (It's beautiful, but I'll sell it)
1 Jacoby (my current playing cue)
1 Omen Grey Ghost j/b
About 6 or 7 others

I'm shopping for more on ebay tonite.

MM

irunrax
07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
I have five. Two jacoby limiteds, one custom jacoby, an older mcdermott, and a J&amp;J jump break. I play with the jacoby limited.