PDA

View Full Version : looks good but.....so cheap?

canadan
07-04-2007, 01:13 AM
anyone here anything about these tables? good price close to home. love the look of it too! another site said the only dif from this one to a olhousen(sp?) is the price lol. anyone that knows about the slate,rag,bumpers,ect would be helpful too. thanks in advance
http://www.pooltablesdirect.ca/pooltable_monaco8.php

Just seems to good to be true?

Snapshot9
07-04-2007, 06:08 AM
If you noticed at the bottom of the page, they are out of Canada. I don't know for sure, but yes, it does look pretty darn good. Even if you got it, and weren't particularly thrilled with it, you could still turnaround and sell for a minimum of $800, so really all you would be gambling would be $500. (plus setup costs too).

It is an 8' table and not a 9', but if you are on a budget, it could be a good deal. The other options for the money would be to pick up a used GC or Diamond from a Pool room
going out of business, and you would not get all the accessories that come with this table.

Personally, if I had the money for the table, and didn't see
red flags going up about it, I would seriously consider it myself. I prefer Green or Blue Cloth, but Camel is my third choice, and it looks good on that particular table.

Would it be located in a basement room, or adjacent to a living room area?

canadan
07-04-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm about 2 hours away from the place. good point on re selling it. I'd prob go with the 7' due to the size of the living room/dinning room I'd have to go with gren or blue. hate changing chock colour ever time I play a new table ( to match the felt)

mantis
07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I would imagine the pool table plays nicely. However, you know better than to compare it to an Olhausen at that price. You will pay a little for the Olhausen name ar another top shelf name, but not that much. All of the tables I have seen in that price category are chinese imports. I would imagine the same here. My question would be with the longevity of the table.