PDA

View Full Version : Book about Bush

ceebee
07-08-2007, 08:18 AM
The Price of Loyalty: George W. Bush, the White House, and the Education of Paul O'Neill by Ron Suskind

This book answers the question: can an honest, forthright, free-thinking, analytical person survive in the Bush Administration?

O'Neil has heroically revealed what many of us suspected all along: Bush lacks the knowledge, curiosity and intellect to be our Commander-in-Chief. Bush's carefully-crafted image (reading off teleprompters and cue cards) has been perpetuated by a conspiracy of silence at the top, until now. Not until O'Neil's brave tome did any Cabinet-level person admit that this emperor has no clothes, that he is in fact the blankest of slates, a conduit through which the inflexible, politcally-driven, exteme ideologies of Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Rumsfeld & Company are channeled.

O'Neil has provided the public, with a glimpse of Bush that one only finds at rarely televised live press conferences, featuring our president with another World Leader. Hapless without cue cards, Bush's blank-eyed, stumbling, bumbling, inarticulate, embarrassing performances contrast with the intelligent, complex and analytical comments of his counterpart (Blair comes to mind) offer the starkest view of who he really is.

Bush does not read newspapers, watch televised news, and does not write his own speeches or commentary; of course he can not. Everything he "knows", he is "told" by others. So who is crafting policy and running our country? What is really going on? Paul O'Neil's eyewitness account is the best glimpse to date behind the otherwise inpenetrable wall that protects the public from the truth about this president and his administration.

Buy the book and make up your own mind.

Please note: I am not a Democrat & I am not a Republican, I am an American Citizen.

Gayle in MD
07-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks Ceebee... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Bush is the corporate version of Richard Condon's "Manchurian Candidate".
I wouldn't write him off as stupid though...he's just not quick-witted. This war, this financial crisis,....this attempt to corrupt our justice dept. is long term planning by evil, but intelligent people. It has one goal in mind....a de facto one party system, not unlike say, Singapore's...where you can vote, but electing an opposition candidate is virtually impossible. Lining the pockets of his fellow totalitarians at the cost of American lives, is just a short term fringe benefit for them. The real goal is perpetual control of the Government.