PDA

View Full Version : cues on a plane

Bobbyrx
07-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Our APA team lucked up and we are going to Vegas this August. I haven't taken my cue on a plane since they quit allowing them to be carried on with you. Any advice about how to pack to keep them from being damaged?? Thanks

dg-in-centralpa
07-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Joe Porper makes a travel case for this purpose. They meet all regulations to be checked with the regular baggage. I know Mueller carries them but I don't remember the price.

DG

Brian in VA
07-08-2007, 01:41 PM
I bought a big rolling duffel with a bottom compartment that holds my cue case and several pairs of shoes. Well protected and easy to move around.

Brian in VA

BigRigTom
07-09-2007, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> Our APA team lucked up and we are going to Vegas this August. I haven't taken my cue on a plane since they quit allowing them to be carried on with you. Any advice about how to pack to keep them from being damaged?? Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Congratulations Bobby...
Hope you do well in Vegas...here are links to those Porper Travel Bags, there are 2 sizes.....shop around and if you don't find a better deal let us know....we do honor the APA Membership with a 10% discount on any thing you order from BigRigToys.com.
Porper 7750 (http://www.bigrigtoys.com/joepotrbag77.html)

Porper 7775 (http://www.bigrigtoys.com/joepotrbag771.html)

BrakenRun
07-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I was wandering the same thing Bobby. My cue won't fit in my regular luggage and didn't know exactly what to do. Glad to hear you qualified for Vegas. Our team did also. We are from Lawton, Oklahoma and will be playing in the 9 ball. Where are you from and what will you be playing in? Brakenrun

Chopstick
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
I bought a big ole samsonite hard suitcase at Costco for $90. It has TSA locks on it and a cue will fit diagonally in it. I travel with a leather softcase for the cue and fold it up inside the suitcase. Thievery at the airlines is rampant. Do not under any circumstances hand over anything of value to them that doesn't have a TSA lock on it.

Read the fine print on the back of your ticket. They deny responsibility for the contents of any bag you leave with them. They will pay for the bag if they damage it. If your bag arrives in Vegas empty then it's your tough luck. Happened to me.

sack316
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
If you happen to have anyone on your team who is military or retired military, the good ol' huge green duffel bag works alright if you want to keep everyone's stuff together. My team did that last year and it worked out fine. Saved all of us from buying something new to each individually bring them. In fact, a few people from here that were going on our same flight from here wound up throwing theirs in there with ours too!

Sack

Cornerman
07-12-2007, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> If you happen to have anyone on your team who is military or retired military, the good ol' huge green duffel bag works alright if you want to keep everyone's stuff together. My team did that last year and it worked out fine. Saved all of us from buying something new to each individually bring them. In fact, a few people from here that were going on our same flight from here wound up throwing theirs in there with ours too!

Sack <hr /></blockquote>A large rolling duffel bag goes for $50-$100, well worth anyone's money.

Fred