PDA

View Full Version : Another "WitchHunt"

wolfdancer
07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
web page (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/ap_on_go_co/stevens_investigation)
Geez, it's just "business as usual" with "The Usual Suspects"
These are the......leaders of the
Moral Majority?

Gayle in MD
07-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I wonder what the Republican tally is now. I heard this morning that one of the most God fearing Republicans, New Orleans, I think, can't recall his name, has already shown up on the DC madams phone list. But, not to worry. His says he's already been forgiven by both God, and his wife. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

moblsv
07-10-2007, 11:14 AM
This religion thing is sounding pretty good. I can do whatever/whomever I like, screw people over, steal, lie, whatever, but I can sleep at night because I will know that God forgives me. How convenient ?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

wolfdancer
07-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Not without saying a couple of "Hail Marys" though....
The Pope now says all these other so-called Christian Churches are BS...he especially don't trust the Southern Baptists...'course he can't come right out and say that, or they might declare a jihad....but being Catholic myself, I can speak for him.....

wolfdancer
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
That would be Sen. David Vitter.
"Vitter, in yet another delicious slice of religious right hypocrisy, is one of the most outspoken social conservatives in the Senate. He co-sponsored legislation to federally finance abstinence-only education and called a ban on gay marriage the most important issue in the country today. He also told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that "infidelity, divorce, and deadbeat dads contribute to the breakdown of traditional families.""
"religious right hypocrisy"... subtle, but on the mark

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition,
Praise the Lord, and beg him for contrition"
That fits more today, than in WWI

BRussell
07-10-2007, 04:48 PM
This is my favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
Asked by an interviewer in 2000 whether she could forgive her husband if she learned he'd had an extramarital affair, as Hillary Clinton and Bob Livingston's wife had done, Wendy Vitter told the Times-Picayune: "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary. If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me." <hr /></blockquote>

Ouch, poor Davy!

wolfdancer
07-10-2007, 05:04 PM
LOL !!!

Gayle in MD
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
LOL, yeah, what a joke. This morning I watched Scooter Libby's testimony in the investigation into the Mark Rich pardon, from early 2001, and laughed my *** off. Here Clinton wasn't even in office, and the Republicans were STILL investigating. Bush lied us into a war, and Republicans are calling every investigation on serious internation, and national illegal activity, Illegal wire taps, torture, lies about Saddam and 9/11, politisizing the entire Departmant of Justice, using signing statements to avoid adhering to congressiona legislation, but it's all political theatre, according to Bush, and the Repubs, after they tried to impeach Clinton for his private sex life.

Scooter had represented Rich, and basically stated that the accusations against Rich, had been false, and here, Clinton was out of office, and the Republicans, who are now saying that Bush acted within his presidential authority to commute Libby's sentence to cover up his and Cheney's obstruction of Justice, were then making a huge big deal over a pardon for a man that Libby was testifying, hadn't broken any laws, Mark Rich. However, Mr. Libby, in his partisan responsibility, was stating, that Clinton should have spent more time seeking direction from the DOJ, and the Prosecutors, which Bush did not do at all in his case!It was a riot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif