PDA

View Full Version : Man robs bank disguised as a tree

Chopstick
07-11-2007, 05:35 AM
This sounds like something possum would do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://media.philly.com/images/300*243/d8cff3e0-f6d4-43c8-b49a-919f3a232162.jpg

MANCHESTER, N.H. - Leaf it to New Hampshire, where a bank branch was held up by a man disguised as a tree.

Just as the Citizen Bank branch opened Saturday morning, a man walked in with leafy boughs duct-taped to his head and torso, and robbed the place.

"He really went out on a limb," police Sgt. Ernie Goodno said Sunday.

Police said the leafy man didn't saying anything about having a weapon, just demanded cash, and was given an undisclosed amount.

Although the branches and leaves obscured much of the man's face, someone who saw images from the bank's security camera recognized the robber and called police.

Officers said James Coldwell, 49, was arrested early Sunday at his Manchester home and charged with robbery. Arraignment was not expected until Monday.
Click here to find out more!
Story (http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/features/8387847.html)

pooltchr
07-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Obviously, he thought it was appropriate attire when robbing a branch of a bank! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

sack316
07-11-2007, 07:02 AM
any more puns like that and I am just gonna leaf this board... ah dangit... I mean leave.

Sack

sack316
07-11-2007, 07:05 AM
ok, can't resist one more. What if the witness gave a false ID? And now the police have the wrong man in custody? Sure would be embarassing were they to be (ahem.... wait for it....) barking up the wrong tree with this one?

Man I should sleep more.

Sack

Sid_Vicious
07-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Hell that ain't nuthin, a shrub has robbed a country ;-) sid

eg8r
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
This kind of reminds me of when pelosi was having tea with terrorists while lying about the Israelis.

eg8r <~~~still can't believe this picture really happened /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Sid, best line of the year !!!!!
LOLOLOL

cushioncrawler
07-11-2007, 04:55 PM
He woz wearing a branch from Elm Street in the Elm Street branch!!!!
I can see a Line-Up with 10 guys dressed az trees.
Police dog runs up and pees on one.
What about the bush disguised az a president.
Am trying to think of something funny involving a fig leaf. madMac.

Qtec
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Nobody has to lie about the Israelis. Didn't they gp around the world assasinating people and killing innicent people as well?
They are doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis done to them are they are trying to justify it!
The main reason the USA is in Iraq is to fight for Israel.

Q ...and the funny thing is, GW and the neo-con Christians all think that the Jews are going to hell!
[ QUOTE ]
"You know what I'm gonna tell those Jews when I get to Israel, don't you Herman?" a then Governor George W. Bush allegedly asked a reporter for the Austin American-Statesman.

When the journalist, Ken Herman, replied that he did not know, Bush reportedly delivered the punch line: "I'm telling 'em they're all going to hell." <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
07-11-2007, 08:52 PM
.......and Wolf, I,ll bet you a beer eg8r belives this as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Blah blah blah.

eg8r

Chopstick
07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
You guys quit "beatin around the bush" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nice comeback Sydney.

pooltchr
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm impressed. It only took 5 posts to turn this thread from a humorous post to a political mud slinging event.

Steve