PDA

View Full Version : WORLD 14.1 CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL 32

HarryDC
07-12-2007, 06:20 AM
WORLD 14.1 CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL 32

It will be interesting to read how the seeding will determine the brackets.

Name..........Country........W...L

Thorsten Hohmann GER 7 – 0
Konstantin Stepanov RUS 7 – 0
Niels Feijen NED 7 – 0
Thomas Engert GER 7 – 0

Tony Robles USA 6 – 1
Dennis Orcollo PHI 6 – 1
Nick Van Den Berg NED 6 – 1
Oliver Ortmann GER 6 – 1
Martin Kempter AUT 6 – 1

Bobby Hunter USA 5 – 2
Dennis Hatch USA 5 – 2
Craig Riley ENG 5 – 2
Allen Hopkins USA 5 – 2
Jasmin Ouschan AUT 5 – 2
Ed Hodan USA 5 – 2
Ralf Souquet GER 5 – 2
Radoslaw Babica POL 5 – 2
Warren Kiamco PHI 5 – 2
Nico Otterman GER 5 – 2
Max Eberle USA 5 – 2
Fabio Petroni ITL 5 – 2
Danny Harriman USA 5 – 2
John Schmidt USA 5 – 2
Matt Tetrault USA 5 – 2
Mika Immonen FIN 5 – 2
Danny Barouty USA 5 – 2

Miko Balasz HUN 4 – 3
Jonathan Smith USA 4 – 3
Stevie Moore USA 4 – 3
Antonio Fazanes SPN 4 – 3
Shaun Wilkie USA 4 – 3
Sebastion Staab GER 4 – 3

Well, Charlie Williams is out but other Americans I follow, John Schmidt, Tony Robles and Allen Hopkins can play a little 14.1. Maybe they can stop the foreign
invasion. Good luck to all!

jjinfla
07-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Don't forget Danny Harriman.

Jake

Rich R.
07-12-2007, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Don't forget Danny Harriman. <hr /></blockquote>
Shaun Wilkie is also surpising a number of people, just by making the cut. He is a young player, from my area, and he is not known as a straight pool player. He has a lot of heart and he may surprise some people.
Ed Hodan, from New Jersey, IIRC, was the 2006 Maryland State 14.1 champion, and he can hold his own with almost anyone.
In addition to the better known Robles, et al, there are several other talented Americans in the group.

HarryDC
07-12-2007, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Don't forget Danny Harriman.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake

According to Charlie's latest press release Jasmin Ouschan will play Nick Van Den Berg.

First round matches begin at 11:30 am and continue with last round starting at 10:00pm.

HarryDC
07-12-2007, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Don't forget Danny Harriman.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake

According to Charlie's latest press release Jasmin Ouschan will play Nick Van Den Berg.

First round matches begin at 11:30 am and continue with last round starting at 10:00pm.

<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Jake

Format for the rest of the tournament and Nick and Jasmin
profiles for you:

July 12 Day 4
32 Man double elimination (all players are in the money)
Final 16 players advance to Single Knockout (8 winners side, 8 losers side)
Race to 150 (Players will play between 2 - 4 matches depending on their win /loss record)

July 13 Day 5 (all players are in the money)
Last 16 players single elimination
Race to 200 (players will play 2 matches )

July 14 Day 6
Final 4 players
Semi Finals #1
Semi-Finals #2
Finals
Race to 200

First round matches today begin at 11:30 am and continue with last round starting at 10:00pm EST.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/JasminOuschanProfile.jpg
Jasmin Profile (EPC)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/NickVandenBerg_profile.jpg
Nick's Profile (EPC)

Good Luck Jasmin!

HarryDC
07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Don't forget Danny Harriman.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Hey jake,

Danny got knocked to the one loss side

John Schmidt 150 Vs. 41 Danny Harriman

Jasmin received the same treatment

Nick Van Den Berg 150 Vs.78 Jasmin Ouschan /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

eg8r
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Hello Rich,

I had a chance to watch Wilkie play against Feijen yesterday. He definitely plays pretty well.

I was only there for the day session yesterday but there were plenty of big names playing. The room was freezing and the chandelier just above the back table near the stands would occasionally make a clinking noise. I guess it was because of the AC but it was a bit annoying to hear it. I don't think it bothered John Schmidt to much as he proceeded to win his match.

Dennis Hatch was sitting down at the table alongside the pool tables and he was goofing around. The table was vacant in front of him so he took the "score card" and put his name on it and put a score of 150 with a current run of 150. A second later his girlfriend grabbed it and added "you wish" to the other players side. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really wanted to stay and watch Jasmin play in the evening session but it was going to make the drive back to Philly a little late and I needed to get some rest before today. Hopefully I will get a chance to see her play live another time.

eg8r

wildman
07-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I would love to see Schmidt take it down!
wildman

HarryDC
07-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Davis and Wilkie from my area, Hatch and Moore were a big disappointment against international competition just like they always are. To be the best you have to play the best and they don't receive enough of a chance to play the best.

Danny Harriman and John Schmidt are the best so they have come through so far. Now luck of the draw Danny and John have to play one another.

Predator World 14.1 Championship Final 16

Final Sixteen

Warren Kiamco 200 Vs.81 Jasmin Ouschan
Huidi See 200 Vs.149 Niels Feijen
Thorsten Hohmann 200 Vs. 87 Allen Hopkins
Martin Kempter 200 Vs. 37 Nicolas Otterman
Dennis Orcollo 200 Vs. 56 Danny Barouty
Oliver Ortmann 200 Vs. 44 Radoslaw Babica
John Schmidt 200 Vs. 174 Thomas Engert
Danny Harriman 200 Vs.161 Nick Van Den Berg

Final Eight

Warren Kiamco Vs. Huidji See
Thorsten Hohmann Vs. Martin Kempter
Dennis Orcollo Vs. Oliver Ortmann
John Schmidt Vs. Danny Harriman

jjinfla
07-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Speaking of luck of the draw all the players are now facing tough opponents. Too bad they couldn't play a round robin with the final 8. Then you would see a true champion. But of course, that would take too long. Or would it.

Jake

HarryDC
07-14-2007, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Speaking of luck of the draw all the players are now facing tough opponents. Too bad they couldn't play a round robin with the final 8. Then you would see a true champion. But of course, that would take too long. Or would it.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake

I am not so sure a round robin with the final 8 would prove any more than the format Charlie is using. All the players in the final 8 have run over 200 balls. Looks to me like if you miss once you may be out. LOL

Quarter Finals

Huidji See 200 Vs. 55 Warren Kiamco
Martin Kempter 200 Vs. 171 Thorsten Hohmann
Oliver Ortmann 200 Vs. 7 Dennis Orcollo
Danny Harriman 200 Vs. 165 John Schmidt

Semi Finals

Huidji See Vs. Martin Kempter
Danny Harriman Vs. Oliver Ortmann

HarryDC
07-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey Jake

Oliver "The Machine" Ortmann Danny is with fast company.
Like playing with a straight razor, If you blink you will bleed LOL

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/OLIVER_ORTMANN_001.jpg
Oliver Ortmann Profile (EPC)

HarryDC
07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
PREDATOR WORLD 14.1 CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS!

Hey Jake,

Danny gave it a run! Great try Danny! Looks like all Oliver now!

Semi-finals

Huidji See 200 Vs. 41 Martin Kempter

Oliver Ortmann 200 Vs. 123 Danny Harriman

Final

Oliver Ortmann Vs. Huidji See

Oliver better not miss LOL

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/HuidjiSeeProfile.jpg

HarryDC
07-15-2007, 03:07 AM
Predator World 14.1 Championships

Final Result

Oliver Ortmann 200 Vs. 171 Huidji See

Oliver won $12,500.00 for first
See won $5,500.00 for second
Harriman and Kempter $3,400.00 for third

Oliver had to earn his prize this time. I expect we will hear more of Harriman, See and Kempter.

jjinfla
07-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Sounds like the finals was a tight match. Think we will ever see it on ESPN?

I noticed that ESPN is now running the WPBA in the early hours. 2:30 am Monday.

Jake

HarryDC
07-15-2007, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Sounds like the finals was a tight match. Think we will ever see it on ESPN?

I noticed that ESPN is now running the WPBA in the early hours. 2:30 am Monday.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Jake

ESPN is just maintaining pool’s anonymity. The persona of a game played in the wee hours of the early morning by crooks stealing from each other.

The real reason I suspect is that no one watches it in the day light hours so it is put on for the grave yard shift to look at or I mean to sleep thru.

I read no reference to ESPN in Charlie’s press releases for the World 14.1 Championship. It is being televised on some obscure TV outlets I never heard of? Maybe people in the outer limits will watch it? To bad great players in the final 16.

Truth be know pool is probably an embarrassment to ESPN Maybe they watch late night pool in Transylvania?