PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moyers Journal

9 Ball Girl
07-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Please make the time to watch and hear this exchange. It is typical Moyers - civil, well researched, fair and dead on the money!

<font color="blue">Impeachment</font color> (http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/video_popups/pop_vid_impeachment1-1.html)

Gayle in MD
07-17-2007, 06:56 PM
You are so right! I watched, and found it very interesting.
How've you been Wendy? Good to hear from you.
Love,
Gayle

Sid_Vicious
07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I watched it and it made my patriotic fiber bristle. Unless the I word is pressed hard, this country ain't no better than Casro or Hitler's regime. Basically, I'd roll in Pelosi as a failure and kick her butt out as well, she's a sad representative to the American people...sid

Gayle in MD
07-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I have felt for a long while, that Impeachment, is the only way our country can regain its former high moral ground, and improve our relationships with allies, around the world.

As for Pelosi, and the razor thin Democratic majority, I am going to give them, at the least, the same benefit of doubt, that I gave Bush, at the outset. They are dealing with Republicans, who are experts at turning a phrase, which flips all the failures onto the backs of their oponents. Best defense, is a good offense, that's the Republican way.

The Democrats, IMO, are being smart in their actions. They are waiting for the public to demand impeachment. In the end, if and when they do impeach, which I hope they do, it will look like they had no choice but to answer the call of the American People. They know they do not have enough votes to overturn Bush's likely veto, which cripples their ability to reverse the idiotic Neocon war policy.

Washington is ringing with cries for impeachment tonight. I was in town earlier, and I was amazed!

There will be many more demonstrations over the next few weeks. Keep the faith, friend. We may still save some lives.

Gayle in Md,

wolfdancer
07-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Wendy, I hate to bust your nine balls....but....in this country, you can only get impeached for having sex....

nAz
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I watched this on Youtube last Sunday, Its amazing and true there are still republicans out there who care about the truth and can be non partisan when it comes to defending democracy!
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

here is a tool that may help get the ball rolling...

This service will assist you by identifying your Congressperson in the U.S. House of Representatives and providing contact information

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Urge your member of Congress or other members to co-sign or support a bill of impeachment. Call his or her district or Washington office, send an e-mail, fax or letter. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Wendy, I hate to bust your nine balls....but....in this country, you can only get impeached for having sex.... <hr /></blockquote>Damn! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Hiya Gayle! I'm just peachy keen jelly bean. (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
07-18-2007, 07:15 AM
9 Ball Girl nice to see you and Naz posting again, any plans for a wedding. You could have it in Gayle's poolroom, I would love to be the best man. That way, I get to Mary Land.####

Now for the meat and potatoes, I knew from the beginning that something stunk in Washington when the Supreme Court elected Bush. The Constitution was set aside for that disaster and it has been downhill ever since.####

Gayle in MD
07-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey, I have a complimentary airline ticket with your name on it, anytime you want to come to Maryland and spend some time with us.

If we wait for Wendy and Naz to get you here, we'll probably both be in wheel chairs, with no hair, no teeth, and no memory! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
07-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Good! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chopstick
07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, I watched it. The only specific crimes they referred to were committed by Bill Clinton. When they were asked to name something specific about the over-reaching of executive power, their only response was to list things that have not occurred but could possibly occur through some theoretical interpretation of the Patriot Act.

Just another pair of talking heads IMO. A waste of time.

Gayle in MD
07-19-2007, 11:03 PM
OMG!!! This one take the cake! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DickLeonard
07-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Gayle do you think you should tell 9 Ball Girl that Chopstick took her Wedding Cake and won't return it. He is sharing it with Eg8r.####

Chopstick
07-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Well now hold on. Just imagine for a second that if you don't read political books, do not listen to political news, and have no pre-existing opinions on the subject and listen word for word to what those two guys said. It was all vague and filled with inference. If you did not have a pre-existing opinion you would have heard them say nothing. Gobbledeegook.

I am willing to listen to either side. That is why I watched this video. If I cannot verify on my own a point that someone is trying to make I will not accept it. If I can then I will adjust my own point of view. I don't think you can ask anyone to be more fair.

DickLeonard
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Chopstick that sounds fair. Or does it.####

Gayle in MD
08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you did not have a pre-existing opinion you would have heard them say nothing. Gobbledeegook.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like the run up to the Iraq War, to me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif