PDA

View Full Version : Ted Kennedy on CSPN-2

eg8r
07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Well, I am working from home this week and decided to take Gayle up on a dare and I switched on CSPAN to watch our Government at work. I now see why people do not watch this more often...it is for the most part boring. What I find funny is that the TV station that is broadcasting this is using state of art technology, cameras, graphics, etc. However, what is Teddy (and my guess this is the same with the rest of the Senators) using to display his info...an easel and posterboard. Don't these people know what technology can do for a meeting? There is no way these people can read the posterboard, heck the camera cannot even focus on it. I guess instead of a computer, projector and powerpoint, the US Senate has moved towards handouts.

Just to surprise a few, I agree with some of what Ted is saying. On a personal level (as someone who just finished paying off all of my high student loans) I like the idea of giving relief on the loan payoff for teachers who continue teaching for 10 years (I think this is the amount). He is stating that it could be about 10k that the teacher would not have to finish paying off if they reach the 10 year date (and continue teaching). What a huge relief for these teachers who are already in low paying jobs.

eg8r

DickLeonard
07-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Eg8r CSpan voted to forgo new equipment so that the Hummvs could have new windshield wipers. Their doing there part for the War effort.####

DickLeonard
07-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Eg8r CSpan voted to forgo new equipment so that the Hummvs could have new windshield wipers. Their doing there part for the War effort. Are you.####

eg8r
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Do you think if you post this more than once you will finally get a chuckle?

eg8r

eg8r
07-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Phew, I am still watching and I have to say Ben Nelson is quite painful to watch. At a minimum he is as bad a speaker as W. Thank goodness he passed on his balance of time to Richard Burr to speak. Burr at least looks and sounds like he knows what he is doing.

I have to say, I am not sure how much longer I can stand to have this on in the background while I work. LOL, it has been a very short period of time and it is quite boring. It actually makes it easier to work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I say, on a Federal level, quit offering subsidies to the private lenders, reduce the 19 billion you keep referring to (HR 2669), and then make sure you don't spend this money on the next bill.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Ed,
The Senate and the Congress are much more interesting to watch, when they are interviewing a panel of experts, on an important subject, such as the war, the economy, and the illegal actions of the administration.

Had you been watching when the 9/11 families were testifying, or when the Attorney Generals who were fired testified, or the whistle blowers, who testified about torture, and about how the administration brow beat the CIA to cherry pick their prefered version of intelligence, how Valarie Plame's career was ruined by the White House, how much money, billions and billions, went missing, after Paul Bremer took the lead in Iraq, how stubborn Rumsfeld was, how arrogant Maliki is, and how bin Laden got away from our special forces when they had him cornered, how frustrated Richard Clarke, and others, became because Bush and Cheney refused to take the pre 9/11 warnings seriously, How many hungry children there are in our country, and how the gap between the very rich and the middle class has expanded,to what it was in the twenties,....how our present economic situation threatens our safety, and our children's future, how our troops are being slaughtered by a whole range of factions in Iraq, C-Span offers much more than just statements made in the Senate and Congressional forum. However, had you seen all this, live, you'd understand why I can't stand the Republican Representatives. There are only four decent ones there.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
07-20-2007, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how Valarie Plame's career was ruined <hr /></blockquote>
Now that you bring Plame up, I noticed yesterday that she lost again in court. LOL, your side does not seem to be doing too well in court these days.

eg8r

DickLeonard
07-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Eg8r Duh the Judge was appointed by Bush need I write more. It was just like the people who Investigated Georgie for Insider Trading were appointed by the other Bush. Had those people done their job Georgie would have had a criminal record and we wouldn't have to put up with this madness.

I will publish this twice I seem to get your attention that way.####

DickLeonard
07-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Eg8r it seems that it won't print it twice, how that happened it must have been an act of God, What Ed is watching a Liberal station. I will intercede.####

Gayle in MD
07-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Actually Ed, my side is the side of protecting the Constitution, and the separation of church and state, the system of checks and balances, and the rule of law, rights to habeas corpus, and privacy, and respect for our international agreements, all of which George Bush and Dick Cheney have plundered over with the help of the corrupt Republicans, and the right wing intellectual authoritarian war mongers, who are hell bent on destroying our reputation, spreading terrorism, stealing from the tax payers, ignoring the wishes of the majority of Americans, and slaughtering American Troops for the benefit of their corporate fascist crony pigs, and the chimps legacy.

Gayle in Md.

The Wilson's aren't finished yet, BTW, but now that Bush admitted her status, and the White House involvment, I guess that prove how ignorant you were about the entire matter throughout.

eg8r
07-20-2007, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my side is the side of protecting the Constitution, <hr /></blockquote> Yeah right. That was funny. Maybe you and #### are in the same comedy class.

[ QUOTE ]
The Wilson's aren't finished yet, <hr /></blockquote> I don't doubt it. They appear to be like Rudy. I guess sooner or later they will find a judge to your liking who does not care about our Constitution and will pin all this on W with the zero evidence they already have. As for now, they are striking out, again and again and again. I just thank God that the Justice system is not finished and continues to put these people back in line.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, but now that Bush admitted her status, and the White House involvment, I guess that prove how ignorant you were about the entire matter throughout. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, is this the same Bush that you have called a repeated liar for the past 6 years. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now that he has said something which you agree you jump all over it like he was never a liar to begin with. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif If we were to believe all the BS you have been telling us these past few years we would be forced to believe that he was lying when he made this admission. Your inconsistencies crack me up.

eg8r

eg8r
07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r Duh the Judge was appointed by Bush need I write more. <hr /></blockquote> To be quite honest I would not mind if you did or did not.

[ QUOTE ]
I will publish this twice I seem to get your attention that way.#### <hr /></blockquote> LOL, your double post last time was not intentional, it was because you are as adept with technology as the Senate and their posterboard. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I say go for it funny man. My guess is you will screw up and do it as a reply instead of duplicating the actions from the previous time.

eg8r

eg8r
07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how that happened it must have been an act of God <hr /></blockquote> It was obvious you had no idea what happened the last time (otherwise you would have deleted it). Good job funny guy.

Now that I have your ear, when are you and jGayle running for President? You better hurry, Obama is crushing your chances of raising any money.

eg8r

hondo
07-24-2007, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Phew, I am still watching and I have to say Ben Nelson is quite painful to watch. At a minimum he is as bad a speaker as W. Thank goodness he passed on his balance of time to Richard Burr to speak. Burr at least looks and sounds like he knows what he is doing.

I have to say, I am not sure how much longer I can stand to have this on in the background while I work. LOL, it has been a very short period of time and it is quite boring. It actually makes it easier to work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I say, on a Federal level, quit offering subsidies to the private lenders, reduce the 19 billion you keep referring to (HR 2669), and then make sure you don't spend this money on the next bill.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I enjoy watching British Parliament.
" Frightfully sorry, old chap, but you do appear
to have your noggin up your arse. Hope I didn't
offend, old fellow." They really are hilarious.