PDA

View Full Version : Fox attacks restaurant worker in Md.

reggie182
07-21-2007, 12:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070721/ap_on_fe_st/odd_fox_attack

Admit it, you thought it was the news channel, didn't you?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dagwood
07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Ok now for any of you who are familiar with the game SimCity, this just sounds an awful lot like the news stories that the paper of your city publishes...too funny.

Dags

Deeman3
07-23-2007, 12:26 PM
It had to be that O'Reilly Fox character...dastardly /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chopstick
07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
This gave me the idea of having a fox as a pet. I read they are like a cross between a dawg and a cat. They are still a wild animal though and can be a lot of trouble.

wolfdancer
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
dastardly is spelled with a "B"

Deeman3
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> dastardly is spelled with a "B" <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I thought you would be thrilled that I found my way that far left on my keyboard! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Dagwood
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
This last time out in Monterey, CA, at DLI, the gate guards there had a "pet" fox that they would feed on a nightly basis. Totally unafraid of people, it would go and roam around post, usually at night (nocturnal creature, go figure), and beg for food. Most of the students carried a little morsel on them so that when it came around they could feed it. It would take the little bit of food you had and go on its way. At one point I saw the guards had it eating out of their hands and they were petting it.

On a side note, the first time I ran across it was walking back to my barracks room along a trail we called the "Ho Chi Minh", and it just came trotting up to me...Now this was twighlight and was a little difficult to see. i thought it was a small domestic dog, but saw the ears and tail and started to panic. Foxes aren't supposed to do that. They're supposed to be scared of people. So I was thinking I was facing a rabid animal. But..it sat down in front of me, waited for a minute or so, then just gave up on begging and trotted off towards the gate to get more food. Interesting animal though....

Dags

wolfdancer
07-23-2007, 06:40 PM
you're coming around slowly.....was it a liberating feeling, typing there on the left?

wolfdancer
07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Monterey....great country...did you stop for a brew at the Hog's Breath Inn, in Carmel....did you feel lucky, and order a "Dirty Harryburger" ??

Dagwood
07-24-2007, 07:51 AM
I only made it down to Carmel a few times, and I didn't make it to the Hog's Breath. Been to Jack London's (english stye pub), and a little Trattoria there a few times (excellent lunch sandwiches). I didn't particularly care for the "hoity-toity" attitude that was very prevelant in Carmel. I prefered to stay in the Monterey area or head up towards San Jose.

Next time I'm out there though, I'll make it a point to get to the Hog's Breath. If you're ever out that way again, make sure you get to Campagno's...it's on Pacific St. over on the Pacific Grove side of DLI, out their back gate. Best sammiches and cake's in the WORLD. (I'd put money on it)

Dags

wolfdancer
07-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I used to have a season pass for the Aquarium there, played for free at Monterey Pines GC...had a friend that owned a bar for a short time there(many pool players would recognize his name)and while I've been to the local pool room, it was to check out their p.o.s. software..."Definitive Synergy" as I recall.
Also got to play Pebble a couple of times, Spyglass once....before they priced it out of range for us Democrats.
Lots of history down there...Cannery Row, etc
Doubt if I'll ever be able to revisit, but thanks for the tips

Dagwood
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
where was the pool room that you visited? I've lived in Monterey 2 times now and was a regular at the Blue Fin the first time 'round, and at City Streets/Easy St. Billiards the second time 'round. While I was there, there was a pretty recognizable name who was part owner/pool advisor at the Blue Fin, but I think he gave up his share after I left the first time in 2000.

I did get the chance as well to play Pebble this last time out, but paid the exhorbitant greens fee to play...$385 after everything was all said and done. I was an easy 18-20 handicapper going in and had to bust my patookas to shoot a 120 there. Quite an experiece.

Speaking of Cannery Row...

I was stationed at DLI of course, which is on the hill overlooking Monterey proper; We did physical training everyday, to include Saturdays where we would meet up at 8am down at the bottom of the hill and run from Fisherman's Wharf through Cannery Row, by the Aquarium and out to Lovers Point in Pacific Grove and back. Such a great run as some mornings the surf was enough to splash up from the rocks by the running path and get you wet as you were running. If you can't tell, I have nothing but fond memories of Monterey...lol

Dags