PDA

View Full Version : any "pooltube" anywhere?

sack316
07-24-2007, 05:44 AM
With the full on explosion of youtube, I'm sure we've all noticed other similar sites popping up. One of my favorites is pokertube, which is just as it sounds... a "youtube" dedicated solely to poker. And the content is incredible... with videos from overseas, world series events from the 70's through today, anything and everything one could want, and it's still in it's infancy stages.

So before it sounds like I'm spamming here, visiting that site got me wondering if there was an equivalent for pool out there. We've had countless amounts of threads in the past seeking places to watch videos of matches, instruction, and trick shots. And while we've been pretty good at hunting down such videos (with members on this board having some very good sites themselves), I've yet to see any one centralized location for us to see all things pool, past and present.

So is there anything such as that out there that anyone knows of? And if not... why not? And also if not, why not somebody do that? Wait, or if not maybe I'll take my idea and become a dot com hundredaire /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thoughts? Opinions?

Sack

Sig
07-24-2007, 06:21 AM
That would be a great idea, there are a lot of videos available on youtube and they're not always easy to find

bsmutz
07-24-2007, 10:25 AM
It's still that same old problem with pool not really being popular enough (seedy image) in this country to warrant the commitment in time and money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

sack316
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> It's still that same old problem with pool not really being popular enough (seedy image) in this country to warrant the commitment in time and money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

True enough, especially as far as television goes. But this would be the web and would be useful to countries all around the world where billiards is more accepted and popular. I'd love to have a tool such as that to watch some good snooker matches... something I'd otherwise never get to see here. I may have to look into this more, because the more I think of it the more excited I get!

Sack

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I posted this a while ago. Enjoy!

<font color="blue">Hours and Hours of Pool</font color> (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=251954&amp;page=5&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1)

Bob_Jewett
07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> ... So is there anything such as that out there that anyone knows of? ... <hr /></blockquote>
Try www.propoolvideo.com (http://www.propoolvideo.com) which has some complete matches available. They were at the World 14.1 Championships and some of the semi-finals and finals will be up eventually.

dr_dave
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't know of any single complete resource. I have a good collection of video links here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/videos/index.html). Also listed (at the bottom) are links to many other sites with video collections.

Happy viewing (I hope you have weeks of free time available),
Dave

Dagwood
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
On Youtube, if you go to BClub, (the member name), they have a listing of some 60 some odd pool videos. there are others on there, but that's the one that's caught my attention this past week. The Ring Bank game was pretty cool to watch.

Dags