PDA

View Full Version : No more tangerines....

eg8r
07-25-2007, 12:42 PM
From Boortz website...
[ QUOTE ]
YOUR PRUNES HAVE A CARBON FOOTPRINT
Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Democrat Party candidate John Edwards, is starting to get all of her fruits and vegetables locally. Why? Because apparently these fruits and vegetables have a carbon footprint. Yup ... when you transport fruit you have to burn fossil fuels .. and that means your next apple is actually causing (gasp!) global warming! The lovely Elizabeth says "I live in North Carolina. I'll probably never eat a tangerine again."

These global warming nut-case cultists want to run our country! They want to charge you extra for your fruits and vegetables because of their carbon footprint! Problem is, we have just enough idiot voters out there to put them in office!
<hr /></blockquote> Tell me the Edwards are not a couple nutjobs. They will not eat tangerines or other fruit that is shipped to their local grocer, however, they will travel on personal or chartered jets around the world.

My reason for pointing this out has nothing to do with party politics, or global warming but the actual person as an individual. If Edwards (in this example his wife) cannot eat a tangerine because there is carbon released to the atmosphere during transportation, why is it OK to jet around the country while on the campaign tour?

If you really want to get so trivial as looking at the fruit that you are buying, then why not "telecommute" to the debate and to all the fund raising dinners?

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I think if my Barber charged me $800 for a haircut.....I'd be leaving a carbon imprint myself....probably in the chair....

pooltchr
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I think if my Barber charged me $800 for a haircut.....I'd be leaving a carbon imprint myself....probably in the chair.... <hr /></blockquote>

That has to be one of the best posts I've seen here in months! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

DickLeonard
07-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Pooltchr I just don't want to be next in the chair after Wolfdancer.####

eg8r
07-26-2007, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if my Barber charged me $800 for a haircut.....I'd be leaving a carbon imprint myself....probably in the chair.... <hr /></blockquote> Which brings up another point...What is the carbon imprint on the transport of his barber's scissors? This is what is so ridiculous about her statement. Once you make a statement like "no more tangerines" how do you decided where to stop?

If fruit is so important, how about the minivan? Or anything else they will purchase throughout the year.

eg8r &lt;~~i agree with the statement about the goodies left for the barber after an $800 bill /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chopstick
07-26-2007, 01:03 PM
For the amount of carbon those jet rides put into the atmosphere, you could ship every orange in Flarda to the north pole and back.

Deeman3
07-26-2007, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I think if my Barber charged me $800 for a haircut.....I'd be leaving a carbon imprint myself....probably in the chair.... <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

wolfdancer
07-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I'd rather they shipped all them Fla right wingers to the North Pole, and canceled the return trip...

Chopstick
07-27-2007, 08:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I'd rather they shipped all them Fla right wingers to the North Pole, and canceled the return trip... <hr /></blockquote>

Well, that would last about a week before some left wing moonbat showed up saying that some never heard of it fish now sleeps 43 minutes a day instead of 48 thereby disrupting the entire food chain in the region and as a result in 40,000 years polar bears will be poka-dot instead of white so everyone has to leave. And we're raising everybody to a 45% tax bracket because we have to fund studies on this matter.