PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use OB cue?

pigbrain
07-26-2007, 02:34 AM
can anyone say something about the feeling of playing with OB Cues.
is it worth to buy?

SPetty
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM
The OB-1 shaft is a great shaft, a joy to play with, and is backed by a great team of people. www.obcues.com (http://www.obcues.com)

wolfdancer
07-26-2007, 12:36 PM
It's a great cue for the money, and even better when you get one for free. I made the mistake of loaning mine out, and that player is doing so well with it, haven't the heart to ask for it back.
OB1 shaft...around $200
Matching butt...another $200
getting one fer free....priceless !!!

Sig
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Do a search on here and on AZB and you'll get plenty of opinions. It's a great shaft.

Bob_Jewett
07-26-2007, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pigbrain:</font><hr> can anyone say something about the feeling of playing with OB Cues.
is it worth to buy? <hr /></blockquote>
It depends on what YOU want a shaft to do. Are you familiar with squirt (AKA deflection)? Have you used a low-squirt shaft before? Is the standard shaft length, taper and diameter OK for you?

I've played with one and liked the way it hit, but I have my own preferences that may be different from yours.

Sid_Vicious
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I hit with several, even before the introduction of the OB1 shaft, and all hit very nicely! I had a new cue made by Royce with the new shaft included, so I figured that as a bargain in itself. Are you looking at one with OB1 shaft or a 1st generation? My answer to both is that they all play really well for the money. Royce is a stickler in his craftsmanship, and very upright in support...sid

Chopstick
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Sydney even had one get run over by a truck. He just knocked the sand off and kept on playin' with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sid_Vicious
07-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Story goes like this...I was shooting a winning cash game, and the stick "acted up" and I lost, so I said, "OK, be that way, and I kicked it off the bike in thick traffic, on purpose!" It never acted up again...sid

Chopstick
07-29-2007, 06:49 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif