PDA

View Full Version : Help on ID of Meucci ....is it really a Meucci

BigRigTom
07-26-2007, 01:10 PM
My friend recently purchased a used Meucci on Ebay.
He nor I have ever seen one like this one...can anyone tell from this picture if it really is a Meucci and if so about how old it is.

http://209.35.239.118/Danny's-Meuccie-Close-up.gif

Deeman3
07-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Tom,

I've never seen it but it looks like one. I have never seen one with the logo that high up on the cue before.
Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

BigRigTom
07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the comment....&.....

Yep, that logo placement was what made us wonder and suspicious as well. I have owned a couple of Meucci's and my wife has one plus I have several friends who own them. Most of the ones I have seen personally are much later models and they all have the logo VERY near the end of the butt and the logo is a slightly larger font....other than that we are just guessing and ....maybe....paranoid about all the hoopla about the counterfeits being sold on E-Bay.

We also thought that if this cue was a very early edition it may very well have been made with the minor difference.

Deeman3
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Tom,

I doubt that was "very early" Meucci as that is not the original logo on the early cues.

BigRigTom
07-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Here is a picture of a Meucci Freshman Series which is a currently available model. It is NOT the same model but ALL the Meuccis we carry have the logo on the LAST section of the BUTT like this one does.

Freshman Series Meucci F04 (http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/bigrigtoystore_1953_26780649)

BLACKHEART
07-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Tom; Meucci made a model PC4 in 1993 that has the script logo, in the same place as the Q you pictured...JER

BigRigTom
07-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the info Jerry, I have searched for the Meucci PC4 from 1993 but came up dry.

Don't suppose you have a photo or know someone who does.
I'll keep looking and if I get anywhere I'll share it.

BLACKHEART
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
i FOUND IT. gO TO THE mEUCCI WEB SITE & CLICK ON "HISTORY". yOUR q IS A MODEL 97-6...jer

BigRigTom
07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
WOW!
You are absolutely correct!
That is truely amazing....thanks Jerry.
I know this will give my friend a GREAT feeling.
He was really worried that he had been bambozzled....and even tho he really likes the que he will like it even more now and will be able to enjoy the pride of ownership that goes along with the brand name of Meucci.

Thanks again!

Here is the link to Meucci's History page that shows that cue for those who may not be able to find it as quickly as I did.
Muecci 1997 Line Page 1 (http://www.meuccicues.com/1997page.htm)

SpiderMan
08-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Does the web site only have 1997 models in the history page? I couldn't see any other directories. How about the early years?

I have a 1975 Meucci that I bought after I first started playing in Memphis, and I'd like the satisfaction of seeing it "authenticated" by a picture somewhere. It has NO logo at all, and sold for $40 new. Plain mahogany butt, no wrap, implex plastic collars.

BTW, it warped in the forearm within about a year, so I just put it in a closet and bought a Palmer.

SpiderMan

BigRigTom
08-01-2007, 09:54 AM
I was wondering about that myself.
Meucci has changed it's web site and there seeems to be a lot of stuff missing that I know was there before.
There used to be this long story by Bob Meucci about pool being the most accurate game ever.....
What's up with that?

Snapshot9
08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
LOL - for all you doubting Thomases, did you really think someone copied Meucci's logo signature exactly, and was able to reproduce it on a cue to generate a fake cue? Think about it, does that make sense? And if they did, wouldn't they sign it where most Meucci's are signed? Duh!

Bob_Jewett
08-01-2007, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> LOL - for all you doubting Thomases, did you really think someone copied Meucci's logo signature exactly, and was able to reproduce it on a cue to generate a fake cue? Think about it, does that make sense? And if they did, wouldn't they sign it where most Meucci's are signed? Duh! <hr /></blockquote>
I'm not a cue collector, but wouldn't such a counterfeit, if it could be shown to be a counterfeit, be worth more than the original?

BigRigTom
08-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Thank you Bob for that question....my friend and I also were wondering if the logo might have been misplaced by meucci as an error in production and if so would that make the cue a more valuable collector's piece.

My friend bought it because he felt it was a fair value and was just trying to verify that he had indeed received what he thought he was purchasing. Either way he likes the cue....it is just a more satisfying possession if you know it is authentic.

Thanks to all of you who responded.
I really appreciate your input, insight and knowledge regardless of your intent or motive for responding.
I just hope I can some how return the service someday.

tim196
08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
There are two 2 Meucci's shown in the "Blue Book of Pool Cues, Second Ed." that have the logo about 3" above the butt. They are the 97-9 and the 97-20.