PDA

View Full Version : when do you adjust

07-25-2002, 07:37 PM
when you are matched up with someone, getting a considerable amount of wieght and winning, is it necessary to adjust? if so, when is it appropriate to do so, and do you adjust the $ at their request?

07-25-2002, 10:21 PM
its your right to accept or refuse an adjustment anytime you see fit... and it definately is your right to quit if the person starts wanting to change any of the rules you started to play with..... I would look at a sign of changing money amount and spot as being trouble and may elect to pack up and go home.

cheesemouse
07-25-2002, 11:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> its your right to accept or refuse an adjustment anytime you see fit... and it definately is your right to quit if the person starts wanting to change any of the rules you started to play with..... I would look at a sign of changing money amount and spot as being trouble and may elect to pack up and go home. <hr></blockquote>

Hey, Downtown I'll bet it really freaks you out when your guy doubles the bet all the way up to one of those crispy Canadian one dollar bills. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif heeeeheeee..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Vapros
07-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Gambling is a touchy situation, and adjusting is just a way of making a match come out even, if carried out far enough. The guy is asking you to give up a bet that you like and take one that you don't like - or at least one that you like less. You have to look out for your own interests, because no one else is going to do it. This is a hard policy, and will generate some hard feelings, but it's your money on the table. (And don't let him call your winnings his money, or say it's money owed to him)

I don't gamble often, but when I do I make one thing clear before play begins. I'll try this match, and I'll live with it or get off it if I can't handle it. Don't ask me to adjust, because I will not, and I won't ask you to adjust. You are in a little better position if the man agrees to that. Then, if you give it up, he may still offer you an adjustment to get you to continue, and it will be your option to take it or break down your stick.

Good losers are in short supply. If you are going to gamble you will have to deal with it. To make the other guy happy, you will have to do something painful to yourself.

07-26-2002, 01:08 AM
we will see whos laughing when we meet old man.

07-26-2002, 01:38 AM
plain and simple if you dont like the odds then dont do it and be damned those who say otherwise.

cheesemouse
07-26-2002, 06:46 AM
Hey Mudball,
What if I told you I had you scouted and the report back is your game is a high 'B', your money is funny, your a short shot artist, and you will give the air barrel to your mother...
I think I'll pass on your low ball action.....thanks anyway.

07-26-2002, 01:07 PM
i see what you are saying about changing the money amount in one instance, pertaining to gettin' schooled. On the other hand tho- if i am stuck and think i like the game i want to increase the bet, less work to get back even. on the flip side, why i was questioning is because i had a guy stuck 2 sets for $100 and against better judgement i agreed to up the bet and drop the weight going into another set. in retrospect i see what i did as a mistake, to large of an adjustment alowing too much room for error to occur. Question being, is there a happy medium, i hate to turn my back on action, but don't want to get strong armed eigther.
thanks for your input~

07-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Just from my experience....I think that if you are the player that is getting weight (and still getting schooled), then its always appropriate to adjust and ask for more weight. The players that I can't stand are those that take a look at me when I practice (with my funky choo choo train stroke), figure they can give me weight, and then lose, and then have the audacity to ask to take back the weight which they freely offered to me. So for me, it depends on who was giving weight to begin with. Caveat Emptor.