PDA

View Full Version : DeLay wants world to end!

Qtec
07-27-2007, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Delay: US and Israel must enjoy second coming
07/26/2007 @ 9:08 am
Filed by Will Menaker

After attending the College Republican convention, Nation journalist Max Blumenthal took his camera to the Christians United for Israel's annual Washington-Israel Summit in D.C. Founded by right-wing mega-church pastor John Hagee, the group has "added the grassroots muscle of the Christian right to the already potent Israel lobby," "forging close ties with the Bush White House and members of Congress."
Advertisement

That evangelical support for Israel is largely based on "End Times" theology is largely irrelevant to the Israeli politicians who share the goal of expanding settlements into the West Bank and a military strike on Iran, but it is anything but irrelevant to the rank-and-file members and even one former House Majority Leader.

Blumenthal opens the video by interviewing Tom Delay, who when asked how much the "Second Coming" plays into his support for Israel, says, "obviously, it's what I live for, I hope it comes tomorrow."

Delay closed by saying, "we have to be connected to Israel to enjoy the second coming."

While Hagee and others have stated that "End-Times" theology or eschatology plays no role in their support for Israel, the people Blumenthal interviewed tell a different story. <hr /></blockquote>

Watch the video, web page (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/rapture-ready-the-unauth_b_57826.html)

Linking US foriegn policy to a biblical prophesy is madness, or not?

Q

Deeman3
07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, in a few short months, we will be able to abandon Israel altogether and focus on building an aliance with the Islamic nations as the democrats take over.

For now, I don't believe that the belief in "end of times" theology has that greatly changed our relationship with Israel unless I missed something during the Carter or Clinton Administrations. I think, in the long haul, our support of Israel has probably weakened in the last decade and with the plans in place to surrender to Islam at the first opportunity, it will become weaker. Thankfully, they don't care that much. Let Iran get to a certain tipping point and Israel will do what is needed to protect themselves, even as Obama is wasting his time meeting and getting touchy/feely with them. His VP, Hilary, may be grinding her teeth through much of that but she, after all, told Bill what she thought of the Jews many years ago.

If Delay is right. Perhaps this won't matter anyway.

Drop1
07-27-2007, 08:35 PM
What the Hell is U.S. Foreign Policy? Shoot Delay,and make his day.

wolfdancer
07-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The "Omen" President, Bush has certainly helped Delay's cause along, by moving ahead, the Doomsday clock a few decades..
I haven't been a fan of Israel since June 8, 1967...when they attacked our Naval ship, the U.S.S. Liberty. Israel is a self serving Nation, and would give us up in a heartbeat, if it furthered their agenda.

Drop1
07-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah,where the Hell is Jesus anyway,I'm tired of the frigging grand kids fooling around with my pool cues. Lets get this thing ended.

wolfdancer
07-28-2007, 02:31 PM
you been reading too many of MadMac's posts...one a day is a safe limit..

DeadCrab
07-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Anyone who wants to get cozy with Israel should Google "USS Liberty".

Talk about terrorists...

DickLeonard
07-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Woldancer according to my calculations the Sun is 1/3 used up so within 4 billion years we will be floating in Space. The Hell with DElay####

Deeman3
07-30-2007, 06:31 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif