PDA

View Full Version : What would you do

Drop1
07-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Fact: Through the study of genome structure,scientists have identified five separate Races within the human species. Now they are in the process of identifying the genes for intelligence,to determine which Race, is on average,superior to the other Races. Once known,should the information be made public,or is this a time to suppress science?

cushioncrawler
07-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Harry -- Scientists are mostly full of krap. Dont beleev everything u read about this genome krap. For starters, i dont know of even one scientist who iz aware that DNA aint a pure helix. Anyhow, the big question iz -- What duz the bible say about intelligence and getting into heaven ??? madMac.

wolfdancer
07-27-2007, 06:10 PM
It's been known for some time now...we Irish are a cut above...
Those Scientists will have their work cut out for them, and their findings will meet with a lot of resistance.
Nurture plays a big role in development, and there are many documented cases of Feral children, raised by animals, that could not adjust, nor mature mentally.
On the other hand, could you take an infant from a primitive
tribe and raise him to be a Rhodes Scholar, or at least Valedictorian of his H.S. class in Luverne,Ala?
According to a Psycologist friend, they answer is No...The brains in primitive people are not fully developed....(well, that might not rule out the Valedictorian thing though)
My own idea is that no race is superior intellectually by virtue of genetics, but the Asian and European races had a head start on brain development....

wolfdancer
07-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Mac, the Bible doesn't "say" anything...although there are many, including our beloved President, that believe God speaks to them,with instructions on how to run the lives of others.
I'm not sure why the Almighty only shares confidences with all these terribly flawed people....like Jim & Tammy, Jerry & George, et al.
The only one I really believed in...was that 7 yr old kid from "Camp Jesus", who proclaimed how Jesus had turned his whole life around.
Imagine ...if the Lord had not intervened personally, and if the kid had not then given up drugs, alcohol and sex, a life of crime and debauchery....he might not have seen 10.

cushioncrawler
07-27-2007, 07:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It's been known for some time now...we Irish are a cut above... Those Scientists will have their work cut out for them, and their findings will meet with a lot of resistance. Nurture plays a big role in development, and there are many documented cases of Feral children, raised by ANIMALS, that could not adjust, nor mature mentally. On the other hand, could you take an infant from a PRIMITIVE tribe and raise him to be a Rhodes Scholar, or at least Valedictorian of his H.S. class in Luverne,Ala? According to a Psycologist friend, they answer is No...The brains in primitive people are not fully developed....(well, that might not rule out the Valedictorian thing though) My own idea is that no race is superior intellectually by virtue of genetics, but the Asian and European races had a head start on brain development.... <hr /></blockquote>Woolfy -- We ARE animals, and we ARE primitive. Theze are the dark ages. The billions of intelligent humans who will follow us (hopefully) over millions of years will all be taught about the superstitious primitive selfish ignorant krudd that infests the earth today, and how we destroyed the earth's future. With all due respekt to my billiards team-mates -- 2007 iz going to be our year -- Yeeeeesssssss!!! madMac.

Drop1
07-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Not to upset anyone,but so far,it appears most of our brain has received a lot of genes from ancient insects. Irish at that,but that could be due to inbreeding,and the effort to speak English. I'm sure the least intelligent will be any person with political aspirations. Bush would not make the list,due to lack of genetic material.

Vapros
07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Suppress a scientific finding about people? What a terrible idea. Information is information, and the purpose of science is to pursue it. Are you suggesting that government, or anybody else, should be entitled to sort it out and decide to make known only those conclusions that suit them? You're not talking about national security here . . .

Drop1
07-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Naw,I'm not suggesting anything. "What would <font color="red">you do <font color="black"> </font color> " </font color>

Vapros
07-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll try to make it plainer. I would air it out. You would need a helluva good reason to suppress it. National security might qualify, but I don't think it's involved here. If you find that one group has an edge in the category of your research, whether it is a race, or red-headed people, or left-handed people or Dutch people or whatever, kindly let us know. Very useful information.

That's what I would do. What would you do?

cushioncrawler
07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Fact: Through the study of genome structure, scientists have identified five separate Races within the human species. Now they are in the process of identifying the genes for intelligence,to determine which Race, is on average,superior to the other Races. Once known,should the information be made public,or is this a time to suppress science?<hr /></blockquote>Hmmmm -- Let me guess -- hmmm -- 5 -- hmmmm -- Religeous (1) -- Homosexualz (2) -- Greenyz (3) -- Women (4) -- Neanderthalz (5). Now, what order -- hmmmm???

But, what if we crossed one or two of theze, ie a breeding program. madMac.

Drop1
07-28-2007, 08:03 PM
MadMac,Race is difference,between members of the same species,based on selective adaptation to the evironment. For a small fee,you can join my Church,"Church of the Instant Orgasm," if you are interested in breeding programs,it should be up and running,in a manner of speaking,within the not too distant future,once nAz gets here with the sheep.

cushioncrawler
07-28-2007, 10:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> MadMac, Race is difference, between members of the same species, based on selective adaptation to the environment.<hr /></blockquote>Ok, that covers women, but what about the otherz???<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>For a small fee,you can join my Church,"Church of the Instant Orgasm," if you are interested in breeding programs,it should be up and running,in a manner of speaking,within the not too distant future,once nAz gets here with the sheep.<hr /></blockquote>Count me out for the breeding program, koz i am one of the few guyz out there that have had a vasectomy on 2 occasions. Hmmmm -- Jezus had a flock, and the bible mentions shepherds an awfull lot of times, so the flock were probably sheep. madMac.

pooltchr
07-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Go ahead and publish it. Another group of scientists will come up with a study to dispute the first one anyway! Scientists don't always get it right. There are those who can scientifically prove that a bumble-bee can't fly.
Steve

Drop1
07-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Could it be there is more than one right.You can't be free,until you lose the fear of being wrong.

Chopstick
07-29-2007, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Are you suggesting that government, or anybody else, should be entitled to sort it out and decide to make known only those conclusions that suit them? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">That is exactly what they do and have done so since the end of the cold war. The general population no longer fears the Russians, so they (they meaning groups that have an agenda of control, including the government) have turned to the academic community to create new states of fear, a role that academia is happy to fill.

Institutions of higher learning, which used to be bastions of free thinking are now the most repressive environments on earth, totally corrupted by personal and political agendas. The Churchill farce should be a adequate example of this. How can a college professor require you as a student to buy his book, and memorize his ideas, to pass his class. It all boils down to a grab for power and they are manipulation the flow of ideas, into the general population, to get it.

Or as Mac said "Scientists are mostly full of krap."</font color>

Chopstick
07-29-2007, 07:39 AM
What happened to the Church of the Open Wallet? I liked that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Where did you hear about the race/intelligence gene thing? The currently accepted idea is that intelligence cannot be bred (a very good brain doctor told me this). This would seem to eliminate race from that equation.

Chopstick
07-29-2007, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It's been known for some time now...we Irish are a cut above...
Those Scientists will have their work cut out for them, and their findings will meet with a lot of resistance.
Nurture plays a big role in development, and there are many documented cases of Feral children, raised by animals, that could not adjust, nor mature mentally.

<font color="blue">The deficiency in these cases refers to the acquisition of language skills. What these studies showed is that if an infant does not acquire language skills within the first few years of their life, then they never will.

It is more a question of what form intelligence takes. Drop yourself naked in the woods in the freezing cold. How long would you survive? Who is more intelligent? You or a feral child? I know who I would bet on still being alive in a month.</font color>

On the other hand, could you take an infant from a primitive
tribe and raise him to be a Rhodes Scholar, or at least Valedictorian of his H.S. class in Luverne,Ala?

<font color="blue">Once again, language skills. I'll bet you can take any kid out of Levurne High and they can take out a squirrel sitting on a tree limb at a hundred yards with a 22. The form that intelligence takes is based on the needs and talents of the individual. I believe that everyone is born with about the same amount of raw intelligence. IF it takes a form in an individual that provides him an advantage in our society then he is judged to more intelligent than someone else.

A bird knows how to fly. I don't. Who's smarter? The judgment of intelligence is always subjective and context dependent.</font color>

According to a Psycologist friend, they answer is No...The brains in primitive people are not fully developed....<font color="blue"> I think the brains of psychologists are not fully developed. </font color> (well, that might not rule out the Valedictorian thing though)
My own idea is that no race is superior intellectually by virtue of genetics,<font color="blue">agreed </font color> but the Asian and European races had a head start on brain development.... <font color="blue">They have existed as organized societies for thousands of years. That has to count for something. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Vapros
07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
You're not paying attention. My question was not whether or not they do it, but rather whether they should be entitled to do so.

Also, in a later post you question whether you are smarter than the bird, since he knows how to fly. Ain't you stretching the logic a long way? I'm pretty sure I know how to fly, but I don't have any wings. Not really my fault.

DickLeonard
07-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Drop1 I am still amazed at Einsteins reply when he started at Princeton. He was asked what he would need in his office and he said all I will need is a pad and some pencils. That reply still blows my mind.

Possibly the greatest mind ever did all his work in his mind.####

Deeman3
07-30-2007, 08:12 AM
No. They should not have the right to say one race is smarter than another. That would smack of political incorrectness.

It's o.k. if they hide it in data somewhere or re-name it. I am shocked about the Barry Bonds thing. You see, they could have avoided all this crap with re-labeling. Like, calling it, I don't know...Choice. Hey, no one has the right to determine what a man does with his body, it's choice and not a harm to anyone. See? Thisone is really clean and you can even do away with the embarassing baby/fetus argument.

Are/were cavemen really that dumb? No, not in this world. If they were truly around, they would be suing right and left and quashing the truth as they should. As always, the track fo the funding will determine the data shown. If you have evidence that global warming might be a naturally occuring cycle, (not that it is, just might be), you will threaten funding of researce and will be silenced or called a racist. How could you possibly believe race baesed info could be looked at objectively? I've now heard that the Bonds thing is racist as Barry is blacker than Hank!

Silly Wabbit!

Drop1
07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Dick,he also said,"imagination is more important than knowledge". I think he was saying you can acquire knowledge,but not imagination. If you have imagination,all you need is pencils and paper.

wolfdancer
07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
There are many recognized forms of intelligence, with the exact number subject to debate.
I'm lucky I don't freeze to death in the city, let alone out in the woods....thank God for thermostats...I wouldn't survive too long in Fla, once they found out I was a Democrat....
or...that might make me intellectually superior...and they might elect me King...look who they did elect as leader of the pack...Jeb

Drop1
07-30-2007, 12:32 PM
King Wolfdancer the First,umm has a nice ring to it. Ed can be Court jestor.

Deeman3
07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> King Wolfdancer the First,umm has a nice ring to it. Ed can be Court jestor. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I'll bring the firearms.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>