PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning at the Scruggs Shop

MikeM
07-28-2007, 02:31 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was shooting with a new league teammate with my Scruggs. While he was admiring it I told him it needed some work. He said he was going to Tim's shop soon and asked if I would like to tag along. Sure! Turns out he's a long time friend of Tim's.

We went up this morning and it was a blast. Unfortunately Tim took today off so I didn't get to meet him. I did meet Mike Cochran and JP Nusbaum who were going over some designs for a cue. Mike is very nice and he took a good long look at my cue and came up with a great plan for restoration - a new butt cap, new pin, new wrap, and refinish all for a very fair price.

I got to wander around the shop at will and check out all the machinery and dozens of cues in various stages of creation/repair. Lots of fun.

After awhile, who should walk in but Tony Sciarella (Black Boar Cues) with some friends (one of whom was carrying a VERY interesting package for the shop!). Got to chat with Tony very briefly. You can see immediately why he has such a great reputation - very friendly and really lights up the room.

A fantastic Saturday morning.

MM