PDA

View Full Version : HISTORY OF MEUCCI CUES

BLACKHEART
07-28-2007, 09:10 PM
I posted this on another board, but thought some of you might find it interesting.

1 from'67-69 they were called "BMC".
2 from '69-71 half of the Qs were called "MEUCCI" & the other 1/2 were called "HUEBLER".
3 from '71-'73 they had the lable of "MEUCCI" but Clay Ethridge (from Showcase Billiards), backed Bob & owned the right to use the Meucci name, till the patent ran out in "99.
4 from '74-99 Bob's Qs were called "MEUCCI ORIGINALS".
5 from '99- present the Qs went back to the "MEUCCI" name.

As I said on the other board, it's amazing how much crap I have collected, over the years...JER

Vapros
07-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I have an old Huebler cue. Surely the Hueblers have more history than just the two year period you mentioned. Can you tell me any more about this? Thanks.

DickLeonard
07-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Blackheart I might have hit a few balls with a Meucci in the late 60s. I personally thought they would make better Fly Rod and never had the desire to hit another one.

That probably not fair to Bob Meucci but I was a confirmed Palmer Cue diehard. He made his cue to my specifacations. ####

Deeman3
07-30-2007, 06:09 AM
Dick,

My first real cue was a Palmer in about 1968. I wish I still had it. It hit better than anything I have now but that may be memory, not reality. I could be Balmered out.

BLACKHEART
07-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Paul Huebler has been making Qs since 1977. I have been told that he, Bob Meucci, Gorden Hart(VikingQs) & Dick Helmstetter(Adam Qs), all worked at National Chalk Co. at the same time. If anyone can conferm that I would be interested...JER