PDA

View Full Version : Va. State 9-Ball Championship

Rich R.
07-29-2007, 05:52 AM
The Va. State 9-Ball Championship got underway yesterday and, for the third straight year, my wife and I have made the trip to Richmond to help out.

For those who don't know, JMD in Va. (The Mayor) is the promoter/TD for this tournament and, with the help of Brian in Va., as well as many others, he runs this tournament.

There was a full field of 64 players, starting out Saturday morning and at the end of the day, late last night, the field was down to 12. All 12 of these players will be in the cash. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Returning on the winners side are:
Larry Kressel
Bob Tubbs
Joe Russo
Chris Loar (defending champ)
Larry Averna
Brandon Shuff
Eric Moore
John Dagenh

Returning on the one loss side are:
Curtis Coleman
John Newton
Allan Duty
Cary Dunn

We are all looking forward to an exciting final day.

The major prize for this event is a paid entry into the US Open.

Hopefully, we will be seeing Barry Behrman today, and we will be talking to him about our annual CCB Tournament, which is coming up in the fall.

We will be starting a thread soon, with all of the details of our tournament and a players list.

I will post the results of the Va. State 9-Ball Championship, later today, or early tomorrow.

I am also working on a photo gallery, with another web site, and I will let you know when that is available.

Rich R.
07-30-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry it took so long for me to post the results, but Larry Kressel has won the Va. State Championship. Brandon Shuff finished second.

It was a great tournament, thanks to JMD, Brian and a few others.

See the full tournament report, writen by Brian, at the following location.
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/billiard-tour-news/pool-tour-news/kressel-crowned-king-in-virginia-200707305139.html

If you are interested in viewing photographs from the tournament, check this out.
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/gallery2/v/Pool+Tournaments/va_state_9-ball/

Also, Barry Behrman unfortunately had some personal problems and didn't make it to the tournament, as expected, so I didn't get to talk to him about the CCB Tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

randyg
07-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Good job guys, thanks....SPF=randyg