PDA

View Full Version : an apology to all you great pool sharks

07-25-2002, 09:38 PM
I apologize to all the participants of this discussion group for any negative comments I have made on this board. As James Joyce would say, I have had a grand epiphany... a complete change of heart. Pool is the greatest game ever. It is so cool, as cool as a catholic priest....Hopefully you guys have good enough stroke with your cue stick as these religous fellows. If so, you'll never have to worry about getting your balls in the pocket.

The intelligent responses I have recieved in respone to my comments, well that was a complete shock. I always assumed pool players would be quick to respond, and have little ability to ignore a negative statement. However, by the lack of responses I recieved, and the wise statements contained within, well let me just say, you guys and gals suprised me.

Sincerely,
Tarboy

P.S. Thank you for the neverending stream of comedy. Everytime I log on, I am provided with stimulation for my long masturbation sessions. You won't believe how many "organisms" I have had.

07-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Nice to know you just keep on stroking Tarbaby!

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 09:40 PM

rackmup
07-26-2002, 04:23 AM
It is one thing to engage in a sharp-tongued battle of wits with another poster (or posters) but is simply in very poor taste to reference the subject matter that has rocked the Catholic church and damaged so many lives (perhaps even that of Tarboy). CCB Admin should take actions against this poster and will do so if it is the concensus of the board members. Let them know!

Should Tarboy be blocked from using this forum?

bluewolf
07-26-2002, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> It is one thing to engage in a sharp-tongued battle of wits with another poster (or posters) but is simply in very poor taste to reference the subject matter that has rocked the Catholic church and damaged so many lives (perhaps even that of Tarboy). CCB Admin
should take actions against this poster and will do so if it is the concensus of the board members. Let them know!

I know i havent been here long enough to have seen tarboy's previous comments. but I thought this one was hilarious. i am catholic but granted i have a weird since of humor but i thought it was funny.

perhaps we should create a different category called 'the x files'or 'other worlders'

btw, i voted no for kicking off tarboy

Laura

Should Tarboy be blocked from using this forum?

&lt;FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/dopoll.php"&gt;&lt;INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1027679009rackmup"&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Ban the Bum!

&lt;INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="1"&gt;YES
&lt;INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="2"&gt;NO
&lt;INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME=option VALUE="3"&gt;I don't care
&lt;INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"&gt;&lt;/form&gt; <hr></blockquote>

07-26-2002, 06:21 AM
What is your goal here?
- To silence anyone that embarresses the Catholic Church?
- To protect those sodomized from painful memories?
- Would you advocate censure of any medium that discusses Priestly activity, or just this forum?
- Something else?

Are there any other topics that you feel should bring a vote for banishment? It might help if we had a whole list of topics you wish to censure, so we know in advance what path a vote in favor of banning in this case will lead us down.

The permutations of topics and posters that could be banned are endless. I would rather suffer a dozen tarboys than one overly oppressive moderator. The tarboys are easy to ignore.

Nostroke
07-26-2002, 06:29 AM
Right on Egg! Pretty harmless reference IMHO

rackmup
07-26-2002, 08:30 PM
Relax Egg,

I'm not protecting the church. Tarboy's comments were in bad taste, plain and simple. Imagine for a moment that your Priest had "used" you for some perverted form of gratification; would you want to be reminded of it while reading a billiards message board?

It's a poll. People vote on the poll topic. That's it. Relax...as far as I'm concerned, Tarboy won't last here a week.

Regards,

Ken (didn't know the ACLU was monitoring the CCB!)